PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Some his passes are just filthy. 60 yards in the air, tight-tight windows, excellent placement and accuracy. Arm talent is special. Might sound like flash but immensely. In terms of trust, the type of passes you'll attempt and target, coverage always is tighter next level. Having a special arm definitely helps.

Look at some of his movements in/around the pocket. Throwing on the move. Yes please.

I'm alluded to this with Fields. Might be on this page or the last but both have been working with Kyle's boys. It's Fields or Lance. Had to be.

Yup, i can't imagine they go with Jones at 3. Fields or Lance with their athletic and running ability would bring another threat to the 49ers offense and a better fit imo...other stuff like roll outs on PA or something will be a better fit for Fields/Lance type of QB imo as well....If they indeed take Jones i'm all in to trade for Atlanta's pick. I can't wait for next thursday. Are the pats one of the other attending teams as well? Let's hope

Think I read in another thread that the Pats will be at the Lance pro day part 2

Not a draft guy, but question for @BaconGrundleCandy ... do you think SF is picking Mac Jones at 3? From everything I know about the Shanahan/McVeigh philosophy, they like the guys who can throw scripted passes from the pocket. They do value arm strength and talent, but the quarterback essentially throws to pre-conceived routes. Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford are two players who don’t move around much and don’t improvise much but throw an accurate ball with good arm strength. Jared Goff is a guy who projected to be like that. I’ve said for two years that Jimmy G. isn’t a great fit for Shanahan’s offense.

Thoughts? Seems to me that Jones is the prototype for Shanahan.

Don't take it personally, @Lansdowne . Captain thinks he's better than Belichick when it comes to drafting and creating teams despite Belichick having 8 rings and Captain having none.
But let’s be fair Captain would have 12 by now. Just ask him.

These guys are such cheap bozos..
He said this specifically in comparison to last year - the first covid year.

Yet mediots made a whole day of BB acknowledging Kraft's comments and taking new improved approach to drafting .. at 69 LOL

And Kraft of course has no idea what he's talking about either re Draft:

Those cheap bozos aren't wrong; so...

Agreed! He's been on my must draft list for the last few weeks. Perfect McCourty replacement.

Fast guy, 4.38 forty. No interceptions in 3 full years playing free safety in college ball is not a red flag?

Simms is good at what he does. It's about attention, presentation > being right and accurate. Simms is a lot smarter than me but it's obvious he isn't digging into these guys. Just take draft advice with a grain of salt from guys that aren't 24/7. I know that sounds I certain way but it's true. Most of these guys, media big shots do a sprint watching these guys. There's no way they're watching 4-5 games on each guy, 200-300 prospects and coming out with a solid eval. He is a smart guy though.

I also wanted to say a few things about the process & eval prospects. Another awful back-up QB tried "gatekeeping" watching prospects, film etc.

Surprisingly I get a few DM's on Twitter, once & a while here and want to say don't pay attention to those guys. They're feeling a type of way, insecure. It happens with Dan O once and a while too.

Its football, it's very hard to soak up, you've never done in terms of knowledge but it's hardly the toughest thing on earth to learn. The way some talk you might as well be shaking. I'm not the most confident person but there's reason I can't learn & understand a good bit. Don't be intimidated by guys that absolutely terrible. I'm not trying to be a coach, QB, just have an understanding. Don't be afraid, it's obviously not for everyone but it's not curing cancer for crying out loud.

Personally, my genuine opinion and thoughts are it's not the end all be all to eval prospects. Honestly and I can't say this enough. I don't want to be clouded by anything. I've talked to a bunch of coaches, coaches assistants and they all have a type. Most are caught up in getting certain players to make their job easier. I don't want to hear that noise just like I'm not reading mock drafts, reports or listening to 90% of draft coverage. Mock drafts are useless and most everyone else is consensus with respect. It's not hard to spot. Especially the people who have 17 different rankings through the cycle. Man I'm jealous of them, hard to be wrong when never ever officially saying anything.

Anyway don't let guys like Sage matter. Usually I don't even mention these creeps. Also as someone who works along side electricians, carpenters, pipe fitters and every other trade let me say this. The best guys will admit it's not rocket science if you're willing to put in the work. They'll be more than willing to help you learn.

Sage Rosenfails = Another ****ing pompous ****ing "you don't know and you never will" ****ing Tool, just like Chatham & Jim Mora P-P-Playoffs Sr.

Not a draft guy, but question for @BaconGrundleCandy ... do you think SF is picking Mac Jones at 3? From everything I know about the Shanahan/McVeigh philosophy, they like the guys who can throw scripted passes from the pocket. They do value arm strength and talent, but the quarterback essentially throws to pre-conceived routes. Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford are two players who don’t move around much and don’t improvise much but throw an accurate ball with good arm strength. Jared Goff is a guy who projected to be like that. I’ve said for two years that Jimmy G. isn’t a great fit for Shanahan’s offense.

Thoughts? Seems to me that Jones is the prototype for Shanahan.
I don't. It's extremely intriguing and exciting though bc of different pov on Jones, Fields ..

I think one of the problems is Kyle's system makes a lot of QB's look better. So to me it's about maximizing that position and opportunity you have with the current team.

I'm not trading up to #3 overall, giving up what they did for a guy to run a script. If I'm taking a QB at 3 I'm expecting a lot more. I'm disagreeing with you btw. I just think Fields could do exactly that plus a lot more. Especially when taking about that team, as is, rn. SF isn't a year or two away, they're ready to roll rn. Fields is NFL ready to run that ship and the ability to get better.
Also the mobility factor. We've seen first-hand how injuries can effect outcome. How many OL combos have we've seen lol? I'd much rather the guy that can create, move and still make a rec or take off for + yards.

So can Mac run Kyle's offense, absolutely. I just think Fields can do it better and has more upside. Not in a year or two, rn. Hope this answered your questions?

Some his passes are just filthy. 60 yards in the air, tight-tight windows, excellent placement and accuracy. Arm talent is special. Might sound like flash but immensely. In terms of trust, the type of passes you'll attempt and target, coverage always is tighter next level. Having a special arm definitely helps.

Look at some of his movements in/around the pocket. Throwing on the move. Yes please.

Justin Fields is the real deal. Super accurate passer. Crazy cannon. Extremely fast legs. He's what 2002 Madden Michael Vick was supposed to be. If he drops would be incredible to pick this kid at #15 and learn under Cam. Having said that that, I will say 2 things: greatly respect BGC for clearly putting in a lot of effort, but since he's sniped first and acting weirdly fragile and insecure towards disagreements, he's been wrong A LOT and has a problem when people disagree with him. If you go back the last 6 months he's had major contradictions on multiple players. Again it's fine except he paints himself as the know-all. Nope. Trey Lance and Waddle are huge risks and NOT worth trading any extra picks to move up for.

Justin Fields is the real deal. Super accurate passer. Crazy cannon. Extremely fast legs. He's what 2002 Madden Michael Vick was supposed to be. If he drops would be incredible to pick this kid at #15 and learn under Cam. Having said that that, I will say 2 things: greatly respect BGC for clearly putting in a lot of effort, but since he's sniped first and acting weirdly fragile and insecure towards disagreements, he's been wrong A LOT and has a problem when people disagree with him. If you go back the last 6 months he's had major contradictions on multiple players. Again it's fine except he paints himself as the know-all. Nope. Trey Lance and Waddle are huge risks and NOT worth trading any extra picks to move up for.

I have no problems with disagreements or being wrong. I'm wrong a lot. And I have no problems with that. That will happen when you actually have opinions and viewpoints on things. There are plenty of people here that post 1000 words a day but take no stand or opinion on something until after the fact.

As far you go. You add nothing, have no insight or knowledge and spam threads constantly. It's sad and a waste of time so I'd prefer you just ignore me and my threads. Shouldn't be hard if you're not a troll and obsessed?

Maybe stick to your own thread in which you credited the wrong poster with "value groupings" like a complete dope. Unless Rook & Maverick are the same poster. You won't see me in your threads posting nonsense that might as well be written in crayons bc you add nothing. Stop being a creep and do your thing. Talk about obsessed. The thread you started after seeing the article in my thread.

Also in terms of me being wrong. Someone a lot smarter than you and me for that matter actually did the work and compared my grades to the NFL.

Here's a little bit of what @TB_Helmet found. Please by all means go compare me to any draft analyst you want or anyone for that matter. That won't happen bc it involves thinking, being objective and some real work.

Here's what he found ...

Yo -- here is the first attempt at an evaluation.

Summary
You and the NFL are about equal at evaluating players, with a very slight edge to the NFL.

This result may change if we add in a lot players on which I wasn't able to include in the comparison.

The last table on the right is a sum of number of times each value in the "bgcDiff" column appears compared to the "nflDiff". So you picked 236 players exactly (round difference of 0) compared to 261 for the NFL. The average round miss is 1.41 for you and 1.33 for the NFL -- these are essentially the same.

WE DON'T NEED TO DRAFT ANY ****ING SAFETIES THIS YEAR
We dont need to draft any SS/small LB safeties already have 3 on the roster, but an understudy for McCourty to train for a year? I would be highly interested in that even at 15 though it sounds like 2nd-4th round would offer better value. I would even draft 2 single high speedster type Safeties, one in the 3rd and another in the 6th to cover for the one who busts.

I don't. It's extremely intriguing and exciting though bc of different pov on Jones, Fields ..

I think one of the problems is Kyle's system makes a lot of QB's look better. So to me it's about maximizing that position and opportunity you have with the current team.

I'm not trading up to #3 overall, giving up what they did for a guy to run a script. If I'm taking a QB at 3 I'm expecting a lot more. I'm disagreeing with you btw. I just think Fields could do exactly that plus a lot more. Especially when taking about that team, as is, rn. SF isn't a year or two away, they're ready to roll rn. Fields is NFL ready to run that ship and the ability to get better.
Also the mobility factor. We've seen first-hand how injuries can effect outcome. How many OL combos have we've seen lol? I'd much rather the guy that can create, move and still make a rec or take off for + yards.

So can Mac run Kyle's offense, absolutely. I just think Fields can do it better and has more upside. Not in a year or two, rn. Hope this answered your questions?

Interesting take. I think Shanahan doesn't like that Garoppolo scrambles/bails and has reigned in his ability to make his own reads, which is why there's been friction there for quite a while with the pieces not fitting. The Shanahan stuff started in Washington with Senior Shanahan preferring Cousins to RGIII. Of course, Kyle was at that time the OC.

Betting odds have the two of them roughly even for the #3 overall pick.

1618870378107.png

If I'm Shanahan, would it be worth to trade all the way up there so that my associates could bet on JOK...and then we all go party on a super-yacht?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back