PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

More Belichick from Phil Perry:

Belichick was asked if he’d “overdraft” a quarterback because he didn’t think he’d be around for a later pick and said he wouldn’t rule it out, although he noted that would be true of a player at any position. He had a similar answer when it came to potentially moving up the board, which leaves things as open as they can be two weeks ahead of draft day.

rofl.gif

How many Patriots/BB honks just died a little inside?

Bill Belichick on QBs: Interesting group in draft, a lot of ways to do it - ProFootballTalk

lol Captain...I love it that you do not hold back. I assume out of the top 5, you have Fields number 5 then?
Yep, and I'm not parting with Any high picks to acquire him either...In fact the ONLY picks I would sacrifice for him are #s 122 & 188...

@Hammer of Thor , thanks for posting the quotes , I could not find the actual interview at the time.

If we want Mills we may need to take him earlier than anticipated
View attachment 32183
For full context, here’s the article that you screenshot:

It speculates that WFT might be interested in taking Mills in the second round. Currently WFT picks 51 and the Pats pick 46. So assuming the Pats would target Mills at 46 (and I wouldn’t make that assumption), WFT would need to trade ahead of them to draft him. If Washington wants Mills that badly they can have him. I really don’t think he’s someone worth losing sleep over.

Eric Galko (@EricGalko) Tweeted:
#Tennessee’s Josh Palmer had 101 snaps vs. likely top-three round CBs: Surtain, Horn, Campbell, Stokes and Joseph.

14 of 14 in catching the “catchable balls” in those matchups (per PFF), 11 first downs, 4 TDs, and 16 YPR.

Top-10 WR in the draft for me https://t.co/PWla69l8wE 1618582774024.gif

BB has always been willing to overdraft a player he wants, witness Jordan Richards et. al. It's an annual event
Go read all the people who've been adamantly against the idea of BB trading up in the first round this year...

Yep, and I'm not parting with Any high picks to acquire him either...In fact the ONLY picks I would sacrifice for him are #s 122 & 188...

I <3 you captain, and always will... but we're at a pretty big impasse here in terms of Fields lol :excited:

No, based on his previous film study. Lazar: Examining Quarterback Justin Fields's Fit as a Potential Draft Target for Patriots | CLNS Media

I think he's just using this opportunity to reinforce his thoughts on the matter. I agree with him, for what it's worth. :)
i don’t hate him, but I’m not wowed. I’d like to know his wonderlic score, how well he learns, processing speed, etc. All of these guys are a crap shoot, even Lawrence, who may be the best QB to be drafted in a decade.

i don’t hate him, but I’m not wowed. I’d like to know his wonderlic score, how well he learns, processing speed, etc. All of these guys are a crap shoot, even Lawrence, who may be the best QB to be drafted in a decade.

He's apparently scored the highest ever on a sports learning aptitude test. I'd like to see other scores to compare, but first out of 6500 participants is exceptional. If he is there at four, I would not hesitate to move up. Probably a good thing I'm not in charge, though!

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back