PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

BGC great job as usual ... Here are a few names I think you missed and need to be considered. Also some that need to be deleted. I agree on deleting a bunch of TE's. The only Day 3 TE I would consider is McKitty

Felton played strictly at WR in the Senior Bowl practices. The fact that White is only signed for one year makes me want to take Felton and his versatility to play both positions.

David Moore OG/OC Grambling - mean and tough, team captain and MVP. Dominated Senior Bowl practices and was voted OL practice player of the week for his team (Meinerz won for his team). He is a little short.
Went back & forth on him & Felton. Good point about Felton being considered a WR. Again I'm on the fence about them and a few others. Really want a 100-110 player board.
Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas 6' 193. 11' BJ, 43" Vert, 4.4 40, 6.84 3 cone I think he checks all the boxes.
He'll definitely be on.
Subtractions
TuTu Atwell is too small
Landon ****erson only because of his injury history
Hunter Long is just not the Pats kind of player
These are good ones. Atwell & ****erson were on my mind. What about Long that gives you "no go" vibes here?

I might only have 5 TE to make room for others. Who else would you automatically cancel out?

@KontradictioN @reamer
Who else would you cancel out?

Something I've noticed over the years and just thought I'd throw out there: many people don't seem to account for the reflection when considering the potential of the draft picks.

For example: "This year's OL class is deep and really good!" and "This year's DL class is weak and not very good." Makes me go "hmm."

So if the DL class looks weak, is it because the OL class is so strong...or is it really and truly just weak (and therefore making the OL class look better than they actually will prove to be)?

And since, whatever the above question might reveal, we are left with a seemingly weak DL and edge rushing class, wouldn't that typically make QBs look better, with more time to throw?

Does a great receiving class seem greater because of a weak secondary class? Or vice-versa some years?
I believe all this stuff is averaged out. Mostly by
1)age
&
2)Only a very small % are real game changers. Not everyone is a pro. You could have one NFL pro on the OL on the whole team & the rest could be below average.

Also I'll never look at how deep or top heavy a position group is. Just go by individual by individual. Let that stuff play out.
Ah well, just throwing that out there. Thank you for the board, Bacon...it makes mocking drafts way more fun and I greatly appreciate the work you've put into it.
Np

OL just dont end. Robert Jones way down the lists has something to work with..

Yea I saw his testing #'s and might add him. Not easy in these draft streets.

Find it very interesting to read Kellen Mond and Josh McDaniels have been texting each other since the senior bowl.
This could be our guy and we could grab Waddle or Smith in the first and take Mond in the second or move up in the late first if he is our guy. He’s a huge reach at 15 but if he’s the guy he’s the guy.

I thought Shanahan wanted to get a QB that would give him more offensive options than he has with JG. More mobile, more of a run threat. What does Jones give him that's so different than what he has already?
Probably durability.

Probably durability.
Reading the tea leaves and not so subtle noise coming off that team. That's actually what it is imo. Not so much a running or mobile QB. That's great and useful. Kyle is not happy with Jimmy. Right or wrong, injury prone or not. He's not happy with how things have played out. That's abundantly clear to me. So much so they'll trade the farm for someone similar, no upside. Just, seemingly, ready to rock day one.

Kyle sounds and looks like a guy that knows he has a window and doesn't want to F it up.

Freirmuth is more of a "my call" I guess lol.

Don't think he's that great of an athlete when I watch him, no real numbers to go either way but I see a slightly above average athlete. Not sure he would have hit the marks we like.

He'll go too early that makes sense for us imo. Don't see him as a big upgrade over Asiasi and again just don't see us taking a TE that early.
I have a 4th round grade on him. His size will probably have him going in the 2nd. Either way, I mostly agree with what you’re saying. I was just wondering why he was left off.

BB would love this kid. He's so versatile BB would play him on ST's full-time. Well, he'd think about it anyhow.
Find it very interesting to read Kellen Mond and Josh McDaniels have been texting each other since the senior bowl.
This could be our guy and we could grab Waddle or Smith in the first and take Mond in the second or move up in the late first if he is our guy. He’s a huge reach at 15 but if he’s the guy he’s the guy.
Kellen Mond is a good game manager. His stats improved every year and he's basically a four year starter. He could have had better stats but his run game was awesome and the D was very solid as well. He's a good fit here. Too bad the rumors are out about him and McD. Also, if Cam gets hurt in middle of season it's not of realm of possibilities Mond can run the offense (did you notice how much he used his TE's this past year?) with his experience and level of competition he faced. If Dak can do it so can Mond :) haha

Went back & forth on him & Felton. Good point about Felton being considered a WR. Again I'm on the fence about them and a few others. Really want a 100-110 player board.

He'll definitely be on.

These are good ones. Atwell & ****erson were on my mind. What about Long that gives you "no go" vibes here?

I might only have 5 TE to make room for others. Who else would you automatically cancel out?

@KontradictioN @reamer
Who else would you cancel out?
****erson has an injury history and the position he plays isn’t an immediate enough need to justify drafting him that high. Agree on Atwell, too, for reasons already stated. I’ll just do positions of clear-cut need for the 2021 season...

QB: Mills, Franks, Ehlinger
RB: Sermon, Patterson
WR: St. Brown, Darden, Atwell, Schwartz
LB: Moses, Borland
DT: Slayton
CB: Farley, Wade, Marco Wilson

I'm guessing the possibility of him playing inside. I have him as a T though.

I'm lost here? I had a few on my board last year I believe?
OH.. I read the title backward.. I thought that Thomas and Wills were in this draft *DOH*... But still interesting that neither Slater nor Atwell were on your list.. maybe just because of how high you expect them to go..

Time to cross Mond entirely off our draft board. Our OC is the worst talent evaluator in the league. A trail of tears and epic draft ineptitude from 2005-2008 NE, then decimating Denver 2009-2012, then NE drafts sucking from 2013-now. A direct cause and effect.

Time to cross Mond entirely off our draft board. Our OC is the worst talent evaluator in the league. A trail of tears and epic draft ineptitude from 2005-2008 NE, then decimating Denver 2009-2012, then NE drafts sucking from 2013-now. A direct cause and effect.
you're obsessed tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Bro, yeah, pump the breaks. We get that you hate McD. Everyone here knows it. Can we just assume that every post of yours going forward is going to bash McD in some way? Maybe you can have a cut and paste so you don't have to type it?

****erson has an injury history and the position he plays isn’t an immediate enough need to justify drafting him that high. Agree on Atwell, too, for reasons already stated. I’ll just do positions of clear-cut need for the 2021 season...

QB: Mills, Franks, Ehlinger
RB: Sermon, Patterson
WR: St. Brown, Darden, Atwell, Schwartz
LB: Moses, Borland
DT: Slayton
CB: Farley, Wade, Marco Wilson
Ok, so all these guys are staying or you'd put on this list?

Bro. Chill. :rofl:
you're obsessed tv land GIF by YoungerTV're obsessed tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Bro, yeah, pump the breaks. We get that you hate McD. Everyone here knows it. Can we just assume that every post of yours going forward is going to bash McD in some way? Maybe you can have a cut and paste so you don't have to type it?
It was a decent point to bring up once or twice but this is actually getting annoying now.
OH.. I read the title backward.. I thought that Thomas and Wills were in this draft *DOH*... But still interesting that neither Slater nor Atwell were on your list.. maybe just because of how high you expect them to go..
I believe Slater is. I don't think Sewell makes it past 6-7.

I should say the only reason Farley made that list is because of the back surgeries. I know it worked out with Gronk, but that’s a pair of dice I wouldn’t want to roll that early. Otherwise, I love his game. Easily the third best CB in the draft from a purely on-the-field standpoint.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back