PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Yea wishful thinking on throwing in Stid but that might be up to the team. Like they might want a certain player but Gilmore certainly fits that role. A few teams that make sense for him imo - Indy, Sea and SF make sense to me.

Realistically I'm thinking swap 8 & 15. 2022 1st, 2nd & 4th + Gilmore. Try to keep this year's picks so they're ready to roll in 2022.
Yeah I would like that or try to acquirr next years picks for one of those qb's of they ask for too much or not totally sold of Lance

Another defender worthy of our 2nd, if he lasts that far...
I hope we get some info on his athleticism with the workouts before the draft. He is a bit undersized so athleticism would be major for me to pick him

I hope we get some info on his athleticism with the workouts before the draft. He is a bit undersized so athleticism would be major for me to pick him
Short arms too but he's a fun player.

Short arms too but he's a fun player.
Doesn’t exactly look like the Player we need there when there is not enough athleticism.
Do you think mcneil projects more as a 2 down nt heavy 3 tech or a 3 down linemen maybe ?

Doesn’t exactly look like the Player we need there when there is not enough athleticism.
Do you think mcneil projects more as a 2 down nt heavy 3 tech or a 3 down linemen maybe ?
Two down player and probably on a snap count.

Two down player and probably on a snap count.
This looks than more like a 3 to 4 rd. Pick to me.
What OT Do you prefer between Darrisaw, AVT, Slater, Cosmi, leatherwood?

This looks than more like a 3 to 4 rd. Pick to me.
What OT Do you prefer between Darrisaw, AVT, Slater, Cosmi, leatherwood?
Personally, so far, out of those above. Cosmi, AVT, Leatherwood, Slater all have similar value imo. Darrisaw slightly less so. Depends on what I need. A true tackle probably Cosmi & Darrisaw but the other have a lot of versatility or potential versatility.

Personally, so far, out of those above. Cosmi, AVT, Leatherwood, Slater all have similar value imo. Darrisaw slightly less so. Depends on what I need. A true tackle probably Cosmi & Darrisaw but the other have a lot of versatility or potential versatility.
I like Slater for us a lot with potential thuney leaving and AVT cause they are good pass blocker look Athletic have tackle experience. Can provide LT backup if wynn is injured. 2 or 3 of them should be available even if we decide to trade down.

33. Trevon Moehrig, DS1, TCU (6-1, 209)

Although he might not have the elite top-end speed that NFL teams covet at the position, Moehrig is very smooth in his transition to turn, run and stay on top of routes. He does a terrific job finding the football and making plays.

38. Alex Leatherwood, OT5, Alabama (6-5, 313)

Although he isn’t an explosive mover, Leatherwood is patient and strong in pass protection, relying on his hands to cover up edge speed. He plays like a robot because he is so consistent with his posture and technique, but also because of some stiffness in his lower body, which is why some NFL teams grade him best at guard.

39. Daviyon Nixon, DT2, Iowa (6-2, 306)

A JUCO transfer, Nixon redshirted in 2018 and had one start in 2019, making him an unproven commodity entering the season. But he put himself on the NFL radar with 13.0 tackles for loss in seven games this season, showing off his impressive gap quickness and body control.

40. Mac Jones, QB5, Alabama (6-2, 215)

One of the more difficult evaluations in this class, Jones was surrounded by elite talent at Alabama, which isn’t a reason to dismiss him as a prospect, but it does make scouting him more challenging. Despite his supporting cast, Jones deserves credit for making the reads/throws and staying poised to achieve the success Alabama reached this season.

48. Rondale Moore, WR7, Purdue (5-9, 180)

Moore had one of the best freshman receiving seasons in college football history, but injuries and other circumstances limited him to only seven games the last two years. While he is shorter than ideal, Moore is stout and plays with outstanding twitch to turn small plays into big plays.

49. Elijah Molden, CB6, Washington (5-10, 188)

With his reactive athleticism, Molden quickly processes pass/run and stays coordinated in zone and man coverage to make plays on the ball. While scrappy and smart as a nickel corner, you wish he were longer and faster to provide the versatility to play outside.

50. Deonte Brown, OG5, Alabama (6-3, 350)

A massive blocker, Brown is uniquely powerful with freaky feats in the weight room that also translate to the football field. He doesn’t have great recovery quickness, but he anchors at shallow depth and shows the upper body explosion to displace defenders.

The Florida TE at 15...yes or no?

In a vacuum, Yes...But because a vacuum is so much smaller than we are, then No...I just cannot bring myself to see Bill using his first pick in Two of the last Three drafts on WR...A lot might depend on what happens in our continuing search for an NFL-caliber QB during the free agency period before the draft too...

This looks completely insane for ca. 270 -280 pounds. I'm not sure if I could run that fast with 170 pounds
The big problem is guys go too fast. That drill is all about efficiency. Any wasted steps or slips and you're done so it's better to go 90 mph instead of 100 imo for that very reason. One reason you can't live off these drills. Guys Will practice it over and over to get good times doing stuff you'll never do on the field.

Like the 40. All of a sudden players are taught to run like sprinters bc that'll get them the fast time. Doing that you're bending over and almost looking at the ground slowly standing up as you accelerate. You'll never drop your eyes in a game or pay the price if you do.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back