PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

Like ETN last year I don't see the upside. I doubt he plays himself into a better position. I'm a little confused here bc prospects will go back when they're given a 3rd round grade from the draft board. I can't imagine him lasting that long or moving up much. Seems like a borderline 1st round pick but mostly likely in the 25-60 range this year or next. Not worth the injury but who knows? OSU has Ruckert, both tackles coming back and Olave. They could be playing for a natty but passing on the NFL is always a big gamble for guys like him.
I can See him going back due to heavy wr class again. Maybe he has a better shot at next years class at the wr Position but idk how the wr class is loaded next year. I did not expect him to return. Maybe for ruckert the same. I don't expect OSU without the IOl LB and Fields to be in the top 4 next year but idk

Thanks sir exactly what i think. Anytime i read the name jimmy g or stafford trade i don't feel like this would be a good move. It would require a high pick and lots of money which we need to surround them with weapons cause as you mentioned they need a good team. Picking lance for example would of course require a high pick and probably a trade up, but why would i choose a qb like stafford or jimmy g when i know they are not qb's who can actively bring you to the PO without a good team. I know these rookies might need to sit for a year and learn but for example lance looks like a higher ceiling and of cours we can't know if he can be that franchise qb, but why would i use picks for a vet qb with unjury history where i know he is not that type of qb we need.
also one of the most annoying things of our offense is that the defnese always seems to know what we are doing. So a dualthreat qb should help here, taking of a little bit pressure on skill positions and open the playbook.

Edit: A trade up for spot 9 did cost me our first second and 2022 second rd. pick. That is in reality probably higher isn'it

Moore would be insane. in the chiefs game we saw what speed on offense can change with the right calls and play designs
Might be wishful thinking but I'd love it if we could swap this year's 1st (8 & 15) and a 4th. Next year's 1st & 2nd. Maybe a throw in player like Stidham or Myers.

Would love to get Najee 2nd rd or lower if we were lucky enough to have that happen. Doubtful, but hey. I know we are all excited about Damien, but he has yet to have a healthy season. Add in Michels issues, loss of Burksy, and if we let White go, a guy like Harris could change our Offense.
Carter or Gainwell would be decent complements, even could push Harris if things go right. I think teams will love both but Carter for sure. His feet, athletic & rec ability are pretty intriguing.

Hear me out ... Yes
Looks familiar, no? We've this up close from us and for years from others like the Shanahans. Who'll he'll be sought after by. Lance has an absolute cannon, displays arm talent (accuracy, touch, placement, velocity) at times but has the type of arm you bet on. Has ridiculous athleticism, absolute bull at 6'4/230 and most likely running a 4.5. If he's there, we need to consider it.

Might be wishful thinking but I'd love it if we could swap this year's 1st (8 & 15) and a 4th. Next year's 1st & 2nd. Maybe a throw in player like Stidham or Myers.
I know what you mean but we would probably have to throw in a better player than Stid. Meyers can be useful for them with their WR FA. They could ask for Gilmore as they need defense help everywhere. Our First Second and Gilmore you think they would do it? I don't have the experience with past trade ups

After the catch ... Someone is going to get a hell of a player in round two, I believe. He seems like a nice dude as well. Well spoken, kinda goofy. If I'm the jete I might think about him with their second 1st after Sewell. Put Sewell at RT. Some say it's too high but the whole point is he can play both. You're not just picking Sewell. It's about the pairing up with Becton to create one of, if not the biggest bookends ever. We're talking almost 700lbs between the two. Plus their new scheme utilizes and relies on the backside so much. So it makes a ton of sense.

I know what you mean but we would probably have to throw in a better player than Stid. Meyers can be useful for them with their WR FA. They could ask for Gilmore as they need defense help everywhere. Our First Second and Gilmore you think they would do it? I don't have the experience with past trade ups
Yea wishful thinking on throwing in Stid but that might be up to the team. Like they might want a certain player but Gilmore certainly fits that role. A few teams that make sense for him imo - Indy, Sea and SF make sense to me.

Realistically I'm thinking swap 8 & 15. 2022 1st, 2nd & 4th + Gilmore. Try to keep this year's picks so they're ready to roll in 2022.

After the catch ... Someone is going to get a hell of a player in round two, I believe. He seems like a nice dude as well. Well spoken, kinda goofy. If I'm the jete I might think about him with their second 1st after Sewell. Put Sewell at RT. Some say it's too high but the whole point is he can play both. You're not just picking Sewell. It's about the pairing up with Becton to create one of, if not the biggest bookends ever. We're talking almost 700lbs between the two. Plus their new scheme utilizes and relies on the backside so much. So it makes a ton of sense.

How is Najee Harris' blocking ability? Can he pick up the blitz adequately?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back