Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans) — Travis Etienne, RB

Philadelphia Eagles — Nick Bolton, LB

Cincinnati Bengals — Asante Samuel, CB

Carolina Panthers — Samuel Cosmi, OT

Denver Broncos — Jordan Smith, edge

Detroit Lions — Rashod Bateman, WR

New York Giants — Carlos Basham, edge

San Francisco 49ers — Joe Tryon, edge
49ers need cb safety or oline badly would go with stokes moehrig leatherwood Holland or even moore here.
Dallas Cowboys — Trevon Moehrig, FS
nice pick for dallas here
Jacksonville Jaguars (from Minnesota Vikings) — Pat Freiermuth, TE

New England Patriots — Levi Onwuzurike, DT

Los Angeles Chargers — Eric Stokes, CB

Las Vegas Raiders — Jay Tufele, DT

Arizona Cardinals — Chazz Surratt, LB

Miami Dolphins — Josh Myers, OC

Washington Football Team — Terrace Marshall, WR

Chicago Bears — Dyami Brown, WR

Tennessee Titans — Rondale Moore, WR

Indianapolis Colts — Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
good value picks here for washington, indy and titans
Pittsburgh Steelers — Elijah Molden, CB

Seattle Seahawks — Trey Smith, OG

Los Angeles Rams — Dylan Moses, LB

Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Tommy Togiai, DT
biggest raiser after the clemson game
Baltimore Ravens — Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR

Cleveland BrownsIfeatu Melifonwu, CB

New Orleans Saints — Jevon Holland, FS

Buffalo Bills — Rashad Weaver, edge

Green Bay Packers — Greg Newsome II, CB

Kansas City Chiefs — Dayo Odeyingbo, DL

Alex Leatherwood - 6'6/315 - G/T - Alabama

Background - From Pensacola, FL. Major offers from all the big schools. Wanted to go to Bama and finished up school early so he could enroll asap. Wanted to be a part of what's going on there. Already graduated. Outland award winner (best interior linemen)

Run Blocking - Leatherwood plays with a nasty, brawler-type mentality in the run game. Noticeably hyped when he moves someone 10 yards back or pancakes a body. My favorite aspect about this part of his game is the fact that he plays with his hips > feet. Hips and core pop first before anything else. He can really generate power from there. He'll then uses his feet to steer that force into a defender to drive them back. That aspect has been missing from young offensive linemen coming into the league lately. He can really fire off the ball with his his hips, drive-combo block someone back before climbing to the second level to forklift a defender with his long arms. At times he strikes with really nice placement and It's over from there. His too big, too mean and arms are too long to do anything about it.
At times Leatherwood and some linemen have such a great feel for the run game it's almost like they have eyes in the back of head. They're feet, the path they take and create is so exact with the ball carrier. He's a very good - great drive blocker/angle blocker. Power, power - torque to wall off his man to create a lane. + Grip strength. Adequate leg power but could improve & very nice overall strength. Gets from A to B but isn't the fastest climbing to the second level, good enough though. Might not get hands on everyone but isn't a liability.

Pass Pro - Has worked very hard on pass pro over the years. Still working but at times quick, clean and efficient sets. Whether it's run blocking or pass pro he makes it a point to stay square, stay in position throughout the rep. He'll make mistakes, don't have the most athleticism but he's not afraid or a quitter. Only 5 sacks/pressures this year ( 2 sacks, 3 pressures) in the best conference in America. Playing against future pros every week.
Hand placement and usage could improve but real potential if his arms are as long as they look. Displays solid, functional lower half movements-mechanics in his lower half. Strong paws.
Inconsistent first step. Too small cutting off on a 45 jump and can get too vertical and leave himself vulnerable to inside moves or counters. Counters in general can bother the big guy from time to time, especially rushing off edge with speed. Has a little trouble recovering and moving laterally.

Versatility-Experience - Mucho experience at guard and tackle and really excelled at both. Real versatility you can work with right away as guard, tackle/swing tackle. 920+ snaps at RG, 1500+ at LT, 12 at RT. He's someone you can have a plan with and try to develop in other areas.

Has the perfect demeanor for the position. Wants to win every rep and let's guys know if he was successful. Wants to throw guys into the dirt. Very hard worker with a brain, been working towards this forever. Likes being on a team and working, fighting together. Love the passion and attitude he brings. Practice, film study, school. Looks like a nice addition to a locker room.

Could stand to work on overall balance, hand/eye coordination and overall strength & conditioning.

Speed rushers with a plan can and probably will give him trouble early on. Mostly ones with good hands to counter, redirect inside. That and his ability to recover or act laterally is suspect.

Summery -
Leatherwood is a really fine prospect. He'll likely always have some trouble against certain types outside but depending on your scheme you might be able to live with that. I think he could make it at tackle for certain teams but his best bet is inside imho. I only say that bc of the issues he has with certain rushers. Guys that know how to utilize their length - quicker types with decent hands. Inside he'll have a little more help, no edge to protect - a lot more straight forward, phonebooth type of attacks where he could rely on his power more. And he can always work on playing tackle.
I'm sure any team that selects him will try to develop him in that sort of way if they believe he's a G first. He has the potential, its real but needs a little TLC. I'm thinking teams like the Ravens, Rams, Minnesota and Bills would love him. Teams running gap/power. That should be right up his alley.
Leatherwood might not have the highest ceiling as a prospect but he looks like a very safe player who can contribute from day one and make a real impact relatively soon. That's extremely valuable to some coaches, certainly is to Bill. And that's why Leatherwood will be somewhat high on my board.

Decent drag hand (3rd eye)

Hips ...

Background - From Pensacola, FL. Major offers from all the big schools. Wanted to go to Bama and finished up school early so he could enroll asap. Wanted to be a part of what's going on there. Already graduated. Outland award winner (best interior linemen)

Run Blocking - Leatherwood plays with a nasty, brawler-type mentality in the run game. Noticeably hyped when he moves someone 10 yards back or pancakes a body. My favorite aspect about this part of his game is the fact that he plays with his hips > feet. Hips and core pop first before anything else. He can really generate power from there. He'll then uses his feet to steer that force into a defender to drive them back. That aspect has been missing from young offensive linemen coming into the league lately. He can really fire off the ball with his his hips, drive-combo block someone back before climbing to the second level to forklift a defender with his long arms. At times he strikes with really nice placement and It's over from there. His too big, too mean and arms are too long to do anything about it.
At times Leatherwood and some linemen have such a great feel for the run game it's almost like they have eyes in the back of head. They're feet, the path they take and create is so exact with the ball carrier. He's a very good - great drive blocker/angle blocker. Power, power - torque to wall off his man to create a lane. + Grip strength. Adequate leg power but could improve & very nice overall strength. Gets from A to B but isn't the fastest climbing to the second level, good enough though. Might not get hands on everyone but isn't a liability.

Pass Pro - Has worked very hard on pass pro over the years. Still working but at times quick, clean and efficient sets. Whether it's run blocking or pass pro he makes it a point to stay square, stay in position throughout the rep. He'll make mistakes, don't have the most athleticism but he's not afraid or a quitter. Only 5 sacks/pressures this year ( 2 sacks, 3 pressures) in the best conference in America. Playing against future pros every week.
Hand placement and usage could improve but real potential if his arms are as long as they look. Displays solid, functional lower half movements-mechanics in his lower half. Strong paws.
Inconsistent first step. Too small cutting off on a 45 jump and can get too vertical and leave himself vulnerable to inside moves or counters. Counters in general can bother the big guy from time to time, especially rushing off edge with speed. Has a little trouble recovering and moving laterally.

Versatility-Experience - Mucho experience at guard and tackle and really excelled at both. Real versatility you can work with right away as guard, tackle/swing tackle. 920+ snaps at RG, 1500+ at LT, 12 at RT. He's someone you can have a plan with and try to develop in other areas.

Has the perfect demeanor for the position. Wants to win every rep and let's guys know if he was successful. Wants to throw guys into the dirt. Very hard worker with a brain, been working towards this forever. Likes being on a team and working, fighting together. Love the passion and attitude he brings. Practice, film study, school. Looks like a nice addition to a locker room.

Could stand to work on overall balance, hand/eye coordination and overall strength & conditioning.

Speed rushers with a plan can and probably will give him trouble early on. Mostly ones with good hands to counter, redirect inside. That and his ability to recover or act laterally is suspect.

Summery -
Leatherwood is a really fine prospect. He'll likely always have some trouble against certain types outside but depending on your scheme you might be able to live with that. I think he could make it at tackle for certain teams but his best bet is inside imho. I only say that bc of the issues he has with certain rushers. Guys that know how to utilize their length - quicker types with decent hands. Inside he'll have a little more help, no edge to protect - a lot more straight forward, phonebooth type of attacks where he could rely on his power more. And he can always work on playing tackle.
I'm sure any team that selects him will try to develop him in that sort of way if they believe he's a G first. He has the potential, its real but needs a little TLC. I'm thinking teams like the Ravens, Rams, Minnesota and Bills would love him. Teams running gap/power. That should be right up his alley.
Leatherwood might not have the highest ceiling as a prospect but he looks like a very safe player who can contribute from day one and make a real impact relatively soon. That's extremely valuable to some coaches, certainly is to Bill. And that's why Leatherwood will be somewhat high on my board.

Hips ...

Thanks @BaconGrundleCandy . Thuney was drafted in the 3rd round. Leatherwood is an obvious replacement choice, but will not drop into the 2nd round. Any guys to replace Thuney in the 3rd?

Thanks @BaconGrundleCandy . Thuney was drafted in the 3rd round. Leatherwood is an obvious replacement choice, but will not drop into the 2nd round. Any guys to replace Thuney in the 3rd?
Tough one for that range. I'm seeing a lot 2nd round value for guys Aaron Banks, Sadarius Hutcherson and Cade Mays but you can't draft 'em of all so guys will end up there. Zion Johnson would be a name but he's coming back to school with Tyler Vrabel I believe.

I think there's a small chance Leatherwood makes it to round two so not totally out of the question but unlikely. Vera-Tucker is someone I've had my eye on radar for a fee years and think he's a good candidate for the job. Depending on what Bill wants to do we might already have the guy here?

I really hope we work something out with Joe though. We have the pieces in place for a top ten line. Injuries just killed us this year. We need Wynn to stay healthy. Need a little luck there.

I'm a big Hunter Long fan, being a BC guy. He was dominant early in the season this year under a much better offensive coach / QB. Hopefully he shows well in the Senior Bowl.

Things I like about Long, all from my novice's opinion: Durable, played all 11 games; competitive catch ability; worked the middle of the field / seams well; seems like a willing blocker.

I don't have tape / cannot easily find highlights package, but the thing I'd say was a middling disappointment was that he could be taken away by really good teams on the schedule (Clemson / Notre Dame) as he stood out as their 1A or 1B passing option. Would be interesting to revisit those games to carefully see how he performed. He did have plenty of good games against solid teams this season, though.

Option. 1. there is a sixth rounder on our roster currently that could be moved back inside and would be an annual all pro. His name is Onwenu.

option 2. We draft brown of Alabama in round 2. He is so much more powerful than leatherwood or onwenu. The running backs of Alabama had great stats running behind him.

option 3. We draft ot van laten of Wisconsin, if he declares, in the sixth round and move him from tackle to left guard, he is much more powerful than leatherwood. When he moves forward defensive players move backward.

option 4. There is a tackle at middle ten. State. We draft him in the 5th round. He is another candidate to move to guard because of his power.

yeah i agree. If Thuney goes we need a starting caliber LG or RT and move Onwenu to LG. I think we might want to get a more athletic type on the left side, so Onwenu probably stays there. Mayfield in rd3 would be insane. Highly doubt that he lasts this long. Would you move Onwenu to LG or let him stay at RT? Without thinking of who is available in which rd...
Big Mike is strictly a Right-side dude...Don't mess with success...

Any WRs and TEs we can draft to finally give our offense an ounce of talent?

Big Mike is strictly a Right-side dude...Don't mess with success...
More BS from you.. Onwenu was excellent at LG. And he should be there with Thuney at Center and Mason at RG.

But hey.. You claimed he was a big mound of turd (or something of that nature) before he'd taken a snap..

Tough one for that range. I'm seeing a lot 2nd round value for guys Aaron Banks, Sadarius Hutcherson and Cade Mays but you can't draft 'em of all so guys will end up there. Zion Johnson would be a name but he's coming back to school with Tyler Vrabel I believe.

I think there's a small chance Leatherwood makes it to round two so not totally out of the question but unlikely. Vera-Tucker is someone I've had my eye on radar for a fee years and think he's a good candidate for the job. Depending on what Bill wants to do we might already have the guy here?

I really hope we work something out with Joe though. We have the pieces in place for a top ten line. Injuries just killed us this year. We need Wynn to stay healthy. Need a little luck there.
I see you're updating the spreadsheet, taking Vrabel and and Zion Johnson out. Just want to let you know you have Tutu Atwell listed twice.

Great job as usual.

I see you're updating the spreadsheet, taking Vrabel and and Zion Johnson out. Just want to let you know you have Tutu Atwell listed twice.

Great job as usual.
Thanks man.

If anyone else's notices anything (someone's going back to school, spelled wrong, w/e) please let me know. After next week work should be slowing down so I'll hit the spreadsheet with some info.

Summery -

Hips ...

Some publications this month posted all-time Alabama players at every position and Leatherwood is one of the 2 listed offensive tackles. All time Alabama. So this kid should go top 10.

Hey @BaconGrundleCandy how do you feel/what’s the word on Alabama OL Deonte Brown?

brown is a beast in the running game, Harris made a thousand yards by following number 65 up the field.

he’s not as polished as a pass protector, but still better then mason.

Hey @BaconGrundleCandy how do you feel/what’s the word on Alabama OL Deonte Brown?

I haven't seen combo power blocks like the ones I saw from Leatherwood and Brown in a long time. Those two were just devastating together at almost 700lbs Just absolute maulers in the run game. Brown isn't one dimensional though even a lot of his game is north/south. He can pull outside the tackles, reach the second level. Good to good enough in pass pro. You can't ask him to sustain blocks against quicker guys with good hands but he can mirror a little bit. Can always slide to help him. Good luck rushing power at him. Currently have a 2nd-early 3rd without testing. I love him. If I'm the Ravens or some team that wants to run a lot and need a true guard I'm all over him.

Ja'marr Chase - 6'1/200 - LSU - WR

From Louisiana 4* recruit. Choose LSU > Auburn after a big house call from Orgeron and staff. Bilentnikoff winner.

Route running/Release - Chase offers physicality and finesse off the line. Will swipe, run through, use push/pull to combat press. Getting physical plays right into his game. He expects and welcomes press. Watch the Bama game and look what he did to Diggs. A bigger, probably better athlete. Chase just rag-dolled him. Chase uses his hands from start to finish during a rep. Watch Clemson, really any game. He'll pull/push, arm bar, use his body to push off/create contact. Extremely physical throughout the rep. Uses a variety of stutter variations to really maximize his suddenness. Great working off his initial stem. Really understands how to use leverage. Very tight body-head fakes. Chase does an outstanding job at working off leverage while removing or boxing-out a defender to give his QB a clear target-path for a rec. He's a refined r/r in a lot many ways even if he can't create a ton of separation. Efficient but will get rough. Displays hand-fighting, subtle pushes and tugs during a route, mainly right before the ball arrives, you see from vets. Can work all areas with success. Money on slants, slot-fades/go, back shoulder, digs ... Chase is very good r/r and has a sweet release game. Wins outside with physicality,

Hands/Body Control - Strong, reliable hands he uses to snatch the ball out the air. You have to feel confident throwing to him. Always does a great job using his body if the placement is low and the situation calls for it. Hands and body control are probably his best attributes. Just punches his hands through traffic to secure a ball. No double catching. Uses body like a power forward clearing out space. Can contort for a tough rec and go up and get a 50/50, errant pass. That's where he shines. It's where he feels comfortable doing work. Not the biggest at all but great at timing and fearless getting the rock.

Has to work on blocking which is his biggest flaw. Technique and timing need to be reworked all together. Effort is there put he's a little sloppy at times.

Confidence and effort are through the roof. Doesn't give up on plays, isn't afraid of anyone on the field. Chase was routinely matched up against the toughest competition across from him and faced the best CB's in the game last year.

More likely to run through tackles then around a defender. Chase can make a guy miss but he won't be a juke machine next level with NFL speed. Not an athletic freak. YAC/Contested balls will be harder?

Around 6'/6'1 but plays 6'4. Really attacks the ball with aggression. Great at adjusting mid-flight, anticipating where the ball will end up and timing up a pass better than the defender.

Has the ability to work slot/out wide. Between his release, route running and physicality he has what it takes to work both spots next level. Also turns into a RB when the ball is in his hands.

Summery -
Chase had one of the best seasons a WR could have at 19 years old. He was the alpha on one of the best offenses of all-time and did it against the best competition the sport has to offer. No shortage on confidence, Chase wants the ball when the game is on the line or to jump start his team. He's a fantastic prospect but will need a QB that fully trust him and OC that understands him in order to fully utilize his skill set from game to game - route to route. Not the most athletic or biggest, Chase won't have his way like he did at LSU but like his teammate Jefferson he brings so much to the table not to work out. Besides what he brings as a football players, attributes etc Chase has the tenacity, attitude and effort you want in every player.

Comparison - Chris Chambers & DJ Moore

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back