PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 IOL/PTP Thread

Would love to see the Pats come out of next year’s second round with their next C. No disrespect to Andrews but I hate seeing them have no option except for Thuney swinging over, and Andrews’ blood clot situation has to be kept in mind So I love seeing that there may be a group worthy of going that high next year.

At 2-2, NE currently slotted to draft between 17 and 20
And trending toward better draft positions

Assuming we can not make a deal with thuney and he rolls out of town, I see two excellent ways to replace him.

carman Jackson of Clemson is not an nfl offensive tackle, but would make a great guard. We could probably get him in the second round.

Van lanen of Wisconsin is in the same boat as Jackson. He will make a great guard, but is playing tackle in college. We could easily get him on day 3.

Assuming we can not make a deal with thuney and he rolls out of town, I see two excellent ways to replace him.

carman Jackson of Clemson is not an nfl offensive tackle, but would make a great guard. We could probably get him in the second round.

Van lanen of Wisconsin is in the same boat as Jackson. He will make a great guard, but is playing tackle in college. We could easily get him on day 3.
Hopeful and eager BB pays Thuney, but his "replacement" may very well be i house with how well Onwenu has been, and even Froholdt's promising debut

Even a chance Mason is dealt and Thuney is paid

Ideally, we keep them all

The right guard and tackle from North Carolina are opening huge holes for the North Carolina running backs to walk through almost untouched!

Landon ****erson played well for Bama last night. Good Blocking and movement for his Size

Landon ****erson played well for Bama last night. Good Blocking and movement for his Size

they moved ****erson to guard and then back to center after brown got hurt.

brown is a monster at 350 pounds, but his shoulder looks messed up.

they moved ****erson to guard and then back to center after brown got hurt.

brown is a monster at 350 pounds, but his shoulder looks messed up.
Yeah i think ****erson did a solid job he Might be a mid to late round pick. His versality is nice. We Might have a need for a BU Center

Watching tcu snd West Virginia. The true freshman left offensive guard, Frazier reminds me of thuney more than any offensive lineman I have seen play in college since this way was drafted.

If he stays healthy, he might be a guy to watch 2 or 3 years from now.

Not sure where or exactly what Bill would do with him but I'll put it here. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Ricard role from Balt. FB/TE/OL.
"Career Overview: Fourth-year player who has appeared in all 37 games (eight starts) as a tight end/fullback since 2016 ... Went both ways in 2019, seeing action in seven games at defensive tackle ... Core special teams player … Has carried the ball 28 times for 65 yards (2.3 avg.) and three touchdowns ... Defensively, has nine tackles, including one for a loss, in 76 snaps ... Returned three kickoffs in his career for 44 yards (14.7 avg.) ... Three letters".

Syracuse's Chris Elmore is one of a kind

Not sure where or exactly what Bill would do with him but I'll put it here. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Ricard role from Balt. FB/TE/OL.
"Career Overview: Fourth-year player who has appeared in all 37 games (eight starts) as a tight end/fullback since 2016 ... Went both ways in 2019, seeing action in seven games at defensive tackle ... Core special teams player … Has carried the ball 28 times for 65 yards (2.3 avg.) and three touchdowns ... Defensively, has nine tackles, including one for a loss, in 76 snaps ... Returned three kickoffs in his career for 44 yards (14.7 avg.) ... Three letters".

Syracuse's Chris Elmore is one of a kind
Might have similar players in Keene and Vitale

Looking like Andrews might be out, so is there a day 2 Center out there that makes sense? BGC?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back