PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 S/PTP Thread

What do we all think of Delpit? Could be the perfect Chung replacement for us, needs to work on wrapping up guys rather than trying to destroy them but could be a possibility at 23

I keep hearing about a guy named Kyle Dugger from Lenoir-Rhyne University. He is 6'2 220lbs safety and was the D II Defensive Player of the Year. He is also a terrific Punt Returner. He will be playing in the Senior Bowl on Saturday. I have read that Belichick is at the Senior Bowl practices.

I keep hearing about a guy named Kyle Dugger from Lenoir-Rhyne University. He is 6'2 220lbs safety and was the D II Defensive Player of the Year. He is also a terrific Punt Returner. He will be playing in the Senior Bowl on Saturday. I have read that Belichick is at the Senior Bowl practices.
Yup been on my radar all year. Physical but looks like he's gliding out there. Versatile and looks like he could cover several areas/levels on the field. Like the way he carries himself. Really can't wait for the combine/pro day for this class.

Yup been on my radar all year. Physical but looks like he's gliding out there. Versatile and looks like he could cover several areas/levels on the field. Like the way he carries himself. Really can't wait for the combine/pro day for this class.

I am thinking of him More as a 4-3 will, than a safety. But we will see more at the combine.

If he hits these he'll be gone Rd1 for sure. Him & Winfield are two PTP S.

What do we all think of Delpit? Could be the perfect Chung replacement for us, needs to work on wrapping up guys rather than trying to destroy them but could be a possibility at 23
Didn't see anything special in Championship game and Senior Bowl.

Im not too fond of him. For some reason he reminds me of Calvin Pryor out of Louisville from a few years ago. Delpit goes for the knockout hit Instead of just making the sure tackle, which will drive me nuts seeing in the NFL players bouncing off and getting bigger gains. I’m also not too sure about the angles he takes when closing in to make tackles.

Didn't see anything special in Championship game and Senior Bowl.

Well senior bowl he wouldn’t of been there as he’s a junior

Unless someone drops I can see us just trading down

The safety from Notre Dane seems to have skill to fit in our defense, but his tape is just bland. He’s not great in coverage or against the run. He seems to luck into being in the right place at the right time.

but in the 6th round, he might make sense.

Well senior bowl he wouldn’t of been there as he’s a junior

Unless someone drops I can see us just trading down
Some juniors that declared were invited

S GRANT DELPIT, LSU

We’re still higher on Delpit than anyone else on this list, but we’d be lying if we said the missed tackles didn’t terrify us. Here’s his whiff stats over the course of his career:

grant_delpit.png

There’s no sugar-coating it: those numbers are ugly. Them getting worse this season is a tad misleading, as he missed a ton of tackles after a mid-season ankle injury had him hobbling around the field. Still, the fact that they’re not getting better is very concerning. It’s something any team drafting Delpit will have to live with early on in his career.

Buyer beware on these 2020 NFL Draft prospects | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

Just Say No to Delpit, Bill...please.

I will take Xavier McKinney over Delpit but with no picks in 2nd round I assume we would trade down for more picks.

I will take Xavier McKinney over Delpit but with no picks in 2nd round I assume we would trade down for more picks.

we could trade #23 to Cleveland for their second and third.

we could trade #23 to Indy for their two seconds. (If their is a qb on the board, they like, they might do this.)

we could trade #23 to the team that has 3 third round picks. That would give us 6 in the top 100, counting comp picks.
I would not say no to the following:
Tight end - Pinckney vandy
Olb - uche Michigan
Nt - Fotu Utah
Og - brederson Michigan
Wr - Edwards South Carolina
Olb - Jennings Alabama

come back in the fourth round and grab tight end Parkinson of Stanford.

Jennings would be a really nice addition for our Pass rush, vertical run defense and can play OLB/ILB. Maybe a KVN Replacement.
Has anybody thoughts about Khaleke Hudson the Safety from Michigan? Read that the is a good run defender, but lacks a bit in Pass Coverage. Maybe he could be our Chung Replacement. He is a mid round Project.

we could trade #23 to Cleveland for their second and third.

we could trade #23 to Indy for their two seconds. (If their is a qb on the board, they like, they might do this.)

we could trade #23 to the team that has 3 third round picks. That would give us 6 in the top 100, counting comp picks.
I would not say no to the following:
Tight end - Pinckney vandy
Olb - uche Michigan
Nt - Fotu Utah
Og - brederson Michigan
Wr - Edwards South Carolina
Olb - Jennings Alabama

come back in the fourth round and grab tight end Parkinson of Stanford.

I think Uche is going in the top 64, if he has a solid combine. You pair that with his senior bowl tape and he’s a top 64 guy. He’s going to excel in a 3-4 early on as a pass rusher. Think he’s underrated as a run defender as well. If he does fall to the third though he’d be a great guy For us to get as a KVN/Collins replacement

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back