PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick: "We need more production offensively, period"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you follow the team outside of watching the games? It has been widely reported since the Eagles SB that Brady wanted a multi year deal and each off season he could only get 1 year incentive laden deals from Bill. If the Pats wanted Brady he would still be here.
100%

and if AB had kept his nose clean, he would still be here as well. To me, that is when the dominoes started to fall. They could of won another SB w AB.

That production he speaks of is hard to see on the roster as currently constituted. Even Jules doesn't look right at the moment.

That production he speaks of is hard to see on the roster as currently constituted. Even Jules doesn't look right at the moment.
Last 5 games last year 21-231
First 5 this year 20-302

He didn't look right those last 5 games either.
His yards per catch is a career high. His yards per game is down less than 10 from last year while the team has thrown more 20% fewer passes per game than last year.

His yards per catch is a career high. His yards per game is down less than 10 from last year while the team has thrown more 20% fewer passes per game than last year.

Its high because of the Seattle game.

In the other 4 games this year his production has sucked.

12 catches on 25 targets for 123 yards, 4.92yards/tgt. Thats 2019 Sanu level stink :eek:

Its high because of the Seattle game.

In the other 4 games this year his production has sucked.

12 catches on 25 targets for 123 yards, 4.92yards/tgt. Thats 2019 Sanu level stink :eek:
The Seattle game doesn’t count? It’s almost 30% of our pass attempts.

The Seattle game doesn’t count? It’s almost 30% of our pass attempts.
Of course, for example, the run d plays a great game except one long run the whiners will be the 1st to point out that the long run should count too.

Of course, for example, the run d plays a great game except one long run the whiners will be the 1st to point out that the long run should count too.
Well it does count. You can’t ignore things that actually happen in order to make a point.

Well it does count. You can’t ignore things that actually happen in order to make a point.
I agree. The point I'm making is they'll omit it when it serves them, and point that it needs to be included when it serves them.

I think the point is that Edelman hasn't looked great in 4 of the 5 games he's played.

I agree. The point I'm making is they'll omit it when it serves them, and point that it needs to be included when it serves them.
Gotcha

I think the point is that Edelman hasn't looked great in 4 of the 5 games he's played.
No the point is that Edelman is fine but he isn’t going to produce as much in a run first offense as he did in a pass first offense and he is a Passer-challenged WR

Hmmm, so about to go 2-4 for the first time since 2000. Let me see, now what was different from 2000 onwards. Hmm, it's difficult to remember that far back...

No the point is that Edelman is fine but he isn’t going to produce as much in a run first offense as he did in a pass first offense and he is a Passer-challenged WR
Edelman right now is most definitely Not "fine."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore