PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick rated #1 of all GM's in Expensive FA Signings

I loved @Tony2046’s use of pyrrhic as well. Takes me back my dad’s (mandated) vocabulary sessions, in preparation for the SATs. They seemed like pure torture back then as a 16-year-old, especially during sunny summer days, but I appreciate them now (miss you, dad).

Psittacosis is bad pickles, as one of my attendings used to say during training. A few years ago I put a feeding tube in a poor lady who was infected by her pet bird(s) and ended up on a ventilator with severe pneumonia.

Bill did stick with the number one overall draft pick in 2000 and 2001. Mo Lewis took care of that.
That's a :poop: take.

Bledsoe got injured but it was Bill who stuck with Brady even after Bledsoe was ready to play again and Bill traded away Bledsoe even within the division so he could go with Brady. All of that took a lot of balls.

Why can't you give BB credit for those decisions?

Bill isn't perfect, and letting Brady walk without a replacement has shown to be a huge mistake. Try and imagine how much better the team's chances would be this year with all those FA pickups and the GOAT QB.
No one said BB is perfect! My post started out saying how some of these new FA signings can and will be criticized. No one is perfect.

We would not have all these FA pickups if we were paying Brady what he and Gisele wanted so they could feel respected. Why are you projecting such a false narrative?

Why keep making yourself miserable about what happened years ago? TFB is not coming through that door. Time to move on.

Every fan has a right to complain if they don't like something the team has done. After all, we pay the freight.
Most of us figure out we can't change the past and move on.

You seem to want to stay in your own special world of butthurt pretending things could be different instead of dealing with what they actually are.

Ok, so I am going to go against my own best judgement here and just outright state that you are wrong! The issue is not that I disagree with you, which I do, the issue here is that you are simply wrong! Fair warning, I am a lifelong, spoiled, homer fan who loves Ray Bourque, Mo Vaughn, the Chief, Tedy Bruschi, Julian Edelman and hates f@***** nonsense!!!

The stories were there before AB ever became a Patriot, they were there during his Steeler AND Raider days, and they continued after he was released by the Patriots. As Patriots fans we may have simply stopped paying attention to the stories, but they were there all along and that hardly validates the fact that the stories "disappeared"! AB was a disaster!! A terrible, desperate, pointless, undeserving signing and it bit us in the @** for one whole year and lead to what we all knew was going to happen anyways!!! GET OVER IT

For every AB there is a Stephone Gilmore, for every A Haynesworth there is a T Washington, for every Chad Ochocinco there is a David Patten, for every N'Keal Harry there is a Deion Branch, for every Sony Michel there is a James White, for every ______ there is a Malcolm Butler, for every R Mallett there is a T "bleeping" Br@dy !!!! WE ARE THAT LUCKY

There is no reason to rationalize every BB's mistake to prove he is the GOAT Coach/GM/Dog daddy any more then there is to question every TB interception in hopes of proving he is only an afterthought QB when compared to Manning (either one), Rodgers, Mahomes, whomever!!! WE ALL KNOW WHO THE GOAT IS

Any argument that involves dissing of the press for doing there job is beyond @ssine! We don't win headlines, we win championships!! We don't win off-season's, we win Super Bowls!!! And we do it better than any city/state/team!!!! GO PATS
i guess you misunderstood. i'm not dissing the press for doing their job. i'm dissing the press for NOT doing their job. maybe you have some inside info that i don't but the only negative story i heard out of pittsburgh was the taping of tomlin in the lockerroom saying they were going to foxboro and being ready for us.....of course they weren't (36-17). but nothing about any sexual misconduct or any other abhorrent behavior until he got to oakland and those stories were mild except for him and the gm getting into it. so it seemed like a pretty big coincidence that as soon as he gets to foxboro all hell breaks loose and once he left the investigative reporting seemed to go away and i havent heard diddly about the rape since. so it just seemed strange from the outside. i also didn't miss the smear job the media did with defamegate.

have a great and blessed easter/passover.

ps: not a big fan of todays media, especially the sports media and our own (boston) is some of the worst.

Last edited:

Bledsoe got injured but it was Bill who stuck with Brady even after Bledsoe was ready to play again and Bill traded away Bledsoe even within the division so he could go with Brady. All of that took a lot of balls.

Why can't you give BB credit for those decisions?

No one said BB is perfect! My post started out saying how some of these new FA signings can and will be criticized. No one is perfect.

We would not have all these FA pickups if we were paying Brady what he and Gisele wanted so they could feel respected. Why are you projecting such a false narrative?

Why keep making yourself miserable about what happened years ago? TFB is not coming through that door. Time to move on.

Most of us figure out we can't change the past and move on.

You seem to want to stay in your own special world of butthurt pretending things could be different instead of dealing with what they actually are.

i guess you misunderstood. i'm not dissing the press for doing their job. i'm dissing the press for NOT doing their job. maybe you have some inside info that i don't but the only negative story i heard out of pittsburgh was the taping of tomlin in the lockerroom saying they were going to foxboro and being ready for us.....of course they weren't (36-17). but nothing about any sexual misconduct or any other abhorrent behavior until he got to oakland and those stories were mild except for him and the gm getting into it. so it seemed like a pretty big coincidence that as soon as he gets to foxboro all hell breaks loose and once he left the investigative reporting seemed to go away and i havent heard diddly about the rape since. so it just seemed strange from the outside. i also didn't miss the smear job the media did with defamegate.

have a great and blessed easter/passover.

ps: not a big fan of todays media, especially the sports media and our own (boston) is some of the worst.

Ok, I have nothing but respect for you but you are wrong again! Unfortunately, facts rarely matter in these cases.

Also, I am NOT even remotely a fan of today's media either. Wishing you a wonderful easter as well.

AB TIMELINE:

With Steelers since being drafted in 2010

Jan 2019 (Steelers): Issues with Team

Feb 2019 (Steelers): Domestic Dispute

Traded to Raider March 10, 2019

Aug 2019 (Raiders): Chef sues for unpaid bills

Aug 2019 (Raiders): No helmet, no play

September 7, 2019 Signs with Patriots

September 20, 2019 Released by Patriots

Aug 2020 (Free Agent): AB Legal Costs

October 27, 2020 Signs With Bucs

December 2020 (Bucs): Civil Sexual Assault Lawsuit Date Set

Read today that BillB soley decided to pick NKeal Harry, ignoring the WR scouts recommendations....

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back