PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick rated #1 of all GM's in Expensive FA Signings

It’s the famous BB worshippers cult, started by matt chatham. BB can do no wrong. He walks on water. The BB worshippers even have their own group text where they crap on posters who don’t agree with their opinions

Differing, thoughtful opinions are respected on patsfans quite well.

The "worshippers" only crap on you because you are a complete dumbazz. Your failure or inability to understand that fundamental difference is why you so richly deserve to be mocked, ridiculed, and crapped on.

It's as simple as that.

Is that the cool kids club? I suspect they do more than crap on posters. There seems to be a coordinated effort to "report" posts in volume to make them dissappear. A sanitizing, so to speak, of forum opinions to keep the sensibilities of the saltiest posters intact.

It's been amusing to see that, when the Patriots owner points out how they used to make fun of the exuberant FAcy spending and poor draft record of the last 5 years, the Team Bill sycophants bend over backwards to explain away what Kraft was "really saying."

Patsfans is becoming like other teams football forums, "a world of delusion," we used to make fun of. I'm sure this post will be reported and dissappear like so many others, even though it doesn't break any of the forum rules.

Ashley

This one decided to put a target on her back.

Ashley

This one decided to put a target on her back.
This is what I'm talking about. We have a group of ubber sensitive posters pointing mods at other posters because they don't like what they're posting. What's the purpose of your post? Do you think that you can just paint a poster you dislike a certain way to have him canceled from the forum? Aside from being extremely cowardly, it's also dumb since Ian invented an "ignore" mechanism to protect snowflakes from their feelings being hurt. Use it or stand on your own feet instead of running to a mod for no reason. My post doesn't violate any rules.

People are blaming Kraft for AB being an idiot lol?

As far as I am concerned there is no way you can make the argument he was a bad coach. You cannot make the argument he was an average coach. Too many wins and too much dominance. Brady was a large part of that but so was BB. BB is a very good to great coach in my eyes. We will learn more about just how good he is in the following seasons without Brady. I give him a pass on last year since they lost their HoF QB who was so intertwined with the offense that he was the backbone of the "system" we hear so much about.

It does not mean that TB's one-man-system status was not in large part the creation of BB. We just need to see if BB can do it again.

The real issue is you don't get the overall record we achieved without the GOAT QB, GOAT coach and debatable GM all working together.

The coach is able to call the plays he calls because he picked the players to fit his system, including the GOAT QB.

Even if his role of GM is debatable, IMO his record with his overall system gives him the benefit of the doubt.
The record without the QB and coach working together is around .500

I am not sure why people always want to compare a coach and a player. A coach needs players, and players need a coach, they are not competing.
Do I think having the best QB of all time made things a bit easier for Belichick the last 20 years? Yes. Do I think Brady covered up a lot of swing and misses in the draft? Yes. Do I think Bill focusing more on the defense was because he knew Brady would take care of things on offense? Yes. But building a gameplan, getting the most out of players, etc? Thats a coaches Job and Belichick did it as well as anyone, and while I do not believe the pats will ever match what they did the last 20 years, that is not a slight on Bill, it was abnormal to have Brady and Bill together for that long and I cannot see it ever happening again.

I can see this thread has the potential to go downhill really fast...

Here's my take:

tb- goat
bb- goat coach
bb- gm- definitely up for debate.
That's probably how 99.99% of the folks here feel. I know I do. But the negativity isn't coming from just one side and the 0.01% is getting way too much attention.

As for Bill's FA signings, I don't look at his spending on free agents as anything special. He had the funds available. We'll find out how well he did when we see them play.

The record without the QB and coach working together is around .500

I am not sure why people always want to compare a coach and a player. A coach needs players, and players need a coach, they are not competing.
Do I think having the best QB of all time made things a bit easier for Belichick the last 20 years? Yes. Do I think Brady covered up a lot of swing and misses in the draft? Yes. Do I think Bill focusing more on the defense was because he knew Brady would take care of things on offense? Yes. But building a gameplan, getting the most out of players, etc? Thats a coaches Job and Belichick did it as well as anyone, and while I do not believe the pats will ever match what they did the last 20 years, that is not a slight on Bill, it was abnormal to have Brady and Bill together for that long and I cannot see it ever happening again.
The best example of what you're talking about is the 2020 season.
The GOAT HC went 7-9 and missed the playoffs with average or below average players after going 12-4 the year before with the GOAT QB.
The GOAT QB went 11-5 and won a SB with average or below average coaching after they went 7-9 the year before.

The GOAT HC went 7-9 and missed the playoffs with average or below average players after going 12-4 the year before with the GOAT QB.
The GOAT QB went 11-5 and won a SB with average or below average coaching after they went 7-9 the year before.
Yeah about sums it up. This is no knock on Bill. Bill is a coach, he does not play, so like any coach he has to rely on players to execute, he can do all of his magic, but if a player does not execute then they just dont.

The GOAT QB's team went 7-9 because the previous non GOAT QB threw over 30 INT's and 8 or 9 pick 6's in 2019. Obviously, you have completely missed the most important fact because the GOAT QB won in the playoffs as a game manager. You missed that completely but you are consistent.

I doubt you study military history but Brady was like Monty at El Alamein....just don't screw up like the other British generals.

Your analogy is a complete zero.

Go put the GOAT QB in Jacksonville and have him go 11-5 and win a Super Bowl and we can talk.

The GOAT QB's team went 7-9 because the previous non GOAT QB threw over 30 INT's and 8 or 9 pick 6's in 2019. Obviously, you have completely missed the most important fact because the GOAT QB won in the playoffs as a game manager. You missed that completely but you are consistent.

I doubt you study military history but Brady was like Monty at El Alamein....just don't screw up like the other British generals.

Your analogy is a complete zero.

Go put the GOAT QB in Jacksonville and have him go 11-5 and win a Super Bowl and we can talk.
You're the poster who likes to call everyone names and then cry to mods when you see something you don't like. This thread is proof of that.

Yeah about sums it up. This is no knock on Bill. Bill is a coach, he does not play, so like any coach he has to rely on players to execute, he can do all of his magic, but if a player does not execute then they just dont.
As great a coach as he is, and he's the GOAT, I never spent a dime to see him coach or bought a jersey for one of my kids with his name on it. When I go to games I watch the players because they're the reason I'm there.

Last edited:
Wait! Do you have something against BB? Please tell. I'm dying to hear it.
"This fanbase hates its coach."

The GOAT player is gone, seemingly at the hands of the GOAT coach, after only 19 years of production. It's really unforgivable.

What's really going on is, all these guys are sort of jealous of teams that haven't had any success, where you can ***** and moan about drafting, playcalling, and so on, and be taken seriously... and for the better part of 2 decades, those who were okay with the status quo could just say "Shup, rings." Now there's all this pent-up demand to be smarter than the guys running the show, especially public enemy no. 1, the coach, the (until recently) GOAT coach. They have the urge to purge. It's hoodie season. It's Burning Bill, it's Billapalooza, it's Coach hella.

So this season is part 2 of that story line... because 1 year of 7-9 when the franchise is out of gas, hmmmmm we can all buy that. But if that's regression to the mean, post-Brady, that means that whatever BB's got, it's not enough to even move the needle

Tune in this year for the exciting conclusion...

That's probably how 99.99% of the folks here feel. I know I do. But the negativity isn't coming from just one side and the 0.01% is getting way too much attention.

As for Bill's FA signings, I don't look at his spending on free agents as anything special. He had the funds available. We'll find out how well he did when we see them play.
And guess what, we'll be able to look at some of these choices a season or two from now and find fault in them.

Heck, many already are, because they want to be "first in" with their "hot take".

I feel sorry for Agholor, he really doesn't stand a chance of being accepted here unless he's stellar on the field, just because of the contract he signed.

What's really going on is, all these guys are sort of jealous of teams that haven't had any success, where you can ***** and moan about drafting, playcalling, and so on, and be taken seriously... and for the better part of 2 decades, those who were okay with the status quo could just say "Shup, rings." Now there's all this pent-up demand to be smarter than the guys running the show, especially public enemy no. 1, the coach, the (until recently) GOAT coach. They have the urge to purge. It's hoodie season. It's Burning Bill, it's Billapalooza, it's Coach hella.

So this season is part 2 of that story line... because 1 year of 7-9 when the franchise is out of gas, hmmmmm we can all buy that. But if that's regression to the mean, post-Brady, that means that whatever BB's got, it's not enough to even move the needle

Agree totally.

People seem to forget the easy thing for BB to do early in the 2000s was to stick with the number one overall draft pick QB and that he took tons of :poop: for going with the unknown 6th rounder.

Now he doesn't stick with that same 6th rounder till the end of his career and it's time to get out the pitchforks, because, damn it, I'm smarter than BB!

Now we have a bunch of fans that have checked out on being Patriots fans that hang out here because they don't have the balls to find a new home in a Tompa forum.

They have their favorite player evah playing on a talent laden team that just won the Super Bowl and are bringing back almost the same team for next season.

They could just to to a Tompa forum and be happy, but nope, they are gonna stick around here and make sure their glowing red butthurt is on display for all to see.

They know they aren't Pats fans any more but choose to keep spreading their toxic energy here, a true 'burnt earth' strategy.

If your inner voice keeps screaming I can't stand what BB and Kraft are doing, why not find a new team to root for, especially when there is such an obvious choice available to you?

Go find a team that does the things you do like, instead of sticking around here and *****ing about things this team has done or is doing.

But Bill is more than the coach since he's also the GM. He has full control over the roster, so he is responsible for who is on the field. He didn't inherit any players, or works for a meddling owner. His decisions on and off the field led directly to the personnel he put on the field.

He signed Cam Newton. He didn't sign Mariota, who was available last year and many here believe is the answer. He called Brady's bluff while holding a pair of deuces. All of these decisions, along with the misses in the previous 5 drafts contributed to the team going from 12-4 to 7-9 in one season. But even with all of that, had the GOAT stayed, the same team likely goes 11-5 and makes the playoffs. That's how impactful Brady can be on a team, despite the sh*tty personnel. It is what it is.
"This fanbase hates its coach."

The GOAT player is gone, seemingly at the hands of the GOAT coach, after only 19 years of production. It's really unforgivable.

Mostly agree, but in my case, the issue isn't with the Goat Coach but with the GM. I don't think a 70 yo can handle the stress and commitment required in the ultra competitive NFL to wear both the coach and GM hats. I think Kraft signaled that changes are coming, and it probably entails bringing in younger guys to handle GM duties.

Wow, there's a lot going on here that I'm oblivious to. (That's not unusual in my life, but every time I stumble into it, I still get surprised.) Posters reporting posters. Insider's only group texts. Posters with agendas against other posters. Scorecards kept on poster stats. "Disagree" warfare.

The intrigue I've been missing out on! All the time wasted on British crime mini series on Netflix when I could just stay here.

Wow, there's a lot going on here that I'm oblivious to. (That's not unusual in my life, but every time I stumble into it, I still get surprised.) Posters reporting posters. Insider's only group texts. Posters with agendas against other posters. Scorecards kept on poster stats. "Disagree" warfare.

The intrigue I've been missing out on! All the time wasted on British crime mini series on Netflix when I could just stay here.
Some people's development peaked at age 16 and are still trying to find a way back into their comfort zone, high school.

Some people's development peaked at age 16 and are still trying to find a way back into their comfort zone, high school.
> choose from among:
So's your old man
So's your mom
Sick my duck (or some approximation thereof)

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back