PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and they outright said they are no longer fans of the team.
It could be worse. They could be like Richard, a former Pats fan who followed Tuna Crap out the door with Curtis Martin and became a Jete fan. Talk about poor timing.

Just curious, do you think BB is the greatest coach of all time? If not, who is better?
I think you and others are missing the point of many of the posters on this thread. I'm not sure there is anyone (maybe 1 or 2) that doesn't consider Bill the GOAT coach. Rather, he's a man that's made quite a few mistakes, so he's open to criticism. He's not the deity that Team Bill makes him out to be. As such:

1. Who was more influential for the 20 yr dynasty: Bill or Brady?
2. Did Brady help Bill's career since Bill's record w/o Brady is below average.
3. Was Bill's decision to bench Malcolm a monumental mistake that cost the Pats a SB?
4. Has Bill's drafting decisions been unfavorable to helping Brady maintain offensive weapons.
5. Does Brady winning a SB in his 1st yr in Tampa show the monumental GM mistake Bill made in not doing whatever was needed to extend Brady.

Team Bill has employed a strategy of attacking Brady's record and minimize his accomplishments and influence on the team to prop up Bill's coaching acumen.

Team Bill has also reverted to whitewashing Bill's record with CLE to dispell any notion he's an avg coach w/o the GOAT. They have no problem taking the wins at CLE for his win record but want to discount the losses with minutiae.

Team Bill has also started to blame Brady for several SB losses.

The biggest weapon used by Team Bill is to accuse anyone that hasn't taken a loyalty oath to Bill (IBWT) as trolls, fans of other teams, pink hats, etc. because critics of Bill aren't part of the group think coven and are therefore traitors to the cause.

It's all quite amusing. That said, there are definitely some attacks on Bill that are a bit over the top.

Last edited:
I think you and others are missing the point of many of the posters on this thread. I'm not sure there is anyone (maybe 1 or 2) that doesn't consider Bill the GOAT coach. Rather, he's a man that's made quite a few mistakes, so he's open to criticism. He's not the deity that Team Bill makes him out to be. As such:

1. Who was more influential for the 20 yr dynasty: Bill or Brady?
2. Did Brady help Bill's career since Bill's record w/o Brady is below average.
3. Was Bill's decision to bench Malcolm a monumental mistake that cost the Pats a SB?
4. Has Bill's drafting decisions been unfavorable to helping Brady maintain offensive weapons.
5. Does Brady winning a SB in his 1st yr in Tampa show the monumental GM mistake Bill made in not doing whatever was needed to extend Brady.

Team Bill has employed a strategy of attacking Brady's record and minimize his accomplishments and influence on the team to prop up Bill's coaching acumen.

Team Bill has also reverted to whitewashing Bill's record with CLE to dispell any notion he's an avg coach w/o the GOAT. They have no problem taking the wins at CLE for his win record but want to discount the losses with minutiae.

Team Bill has also started to blame Brady for several SB losses.

The biggest weapon used by Team Bill is to accuse anyone that hasn't taken a loyalty oath for Bill (IBWT) as trolls, fans of other teams, pink hats, etc. because critics of Bill aren't part of the group think coven and are therefore traitors to the cause.

It's all quite amusing. That said, there are definitely some attacks on Bill that are a bit over the top.

A lot of this isn't fair and are just generalities. And of course you try to paint "Team Bill" people are the extremists and crazies while "Team Brady" are the rational ones talking the real issues except for one or two exceptions. In other words, your post is just partisan crap trying to be disguised as being the voice of reason.

And love how you try to appear unbiased by "admitting" that some of the attacks are over the top.

And as being labeled "Team Bill" which am I not, the only time I say someone is in the Brady cult is when they make more extreme cases or goes against the facts that Brady was the reason for all 6 Super Bowls or he is responsible for the defense turning around in 2001 or how team immediately turned around when Brady came in to start in 2001.

It could be worse. They could be like Richard, a former Pats fan who followed Tuna Crap out the door with Curtis Martin and became a Jete fan. Talk about poor timing.
Now that is bad.

I was still a C-Mart fan but had not interest in seeing him doing well vs us or winning games.

With Tom very happy hes done well and won games/SB

You brought up Ted Marchibroda. You said Ted was a poor coach.

Yet, Ted has a better winning % than Bill w/o Brady. Therefore, Bill w/o Brady is a poor coach.
Brainless. What Marchibroda did with the Raven has zero to do with what Belichick did with the Browns. Go ahead and tell people in the real world (not with the pathetic 3 fans you have here) that Marchibroda is a better coach than Belichick. Go ahead.

Once again you're missing the point. You said Bill was building something. If he built a core group of guys that went on to win or have success with the Ravens then you could claim Bill built that foundation but wasn't given the chance to win with it. He didn't build anything. In fact it doesn't look like a single player on Bill's final Browns team was on the Ravens roster for the 2000 super bowl win. The 94 Browns team was the anomaly, not all the others.
He has to coach his guys. It's pretty simple. 14-6 was the record in those last years UNTIL Modell pulled the plug. Then they went 2-10. These numbers are stark divides. What Marchibroda did afterward is totally irrelevant to Belichick.

Brainless. What Marchibroda did with the Raven has zero to do with what Belichick did with the Browns. Go ahead and tell people in the real world (not with the pathetic 3 fans you have here) that Marchibroda is a better coach than Belichick. Go ahead.
Yea there is really no correlation. March was a good coach. Didn't have the success BB did obviously but it doesn't mean he sucked.

He has to coach his guys. It's pretty simple. 14-6 was the record in those last years UNTIL Modell pulled the plug. Then they went 2-10. These numbers are stark divides. What Marchibroda did afterward is totally irrelevant to Belichick.
Well that was a hell of a team Bill built then. Congrats you have successfully made me ignore every other game outside of those 20.

Yea there is really no correlation. March was a good coach. Didn't have the success BB did obviously but it doesn't mean he sucked.
In the 1970s he was. But we're talking about a 70 year old in the late 1990s. Two different things. In the 90s he had a .410 winning percentage, .304 with the Ravens.

The question wasn’t directed to me, but Belichick is not the GOAT HC. That distinction belongs to Vince Lombardi. The SB trophy is properly named.

Check out his record before he won the first two SBs. Check out the post career lives of the men he coached. He actually won with a game manager QB named Bart Starr.

A lot of this isn't fair and are just generalities. And of course you try to paint "Team Bill" people are the extremists and crazies while "Team Brady" are the rational ones talking the real issues except for one or two exceptions. In other words, your post is just partisan crap trying to be disguised as being the voice of reason.

And love how you try to appear unbiased by "admitting" that some of the attacks are over the top.

And as being labeled "Team Bill" which am I not, the only time I say someone is in the Brady cult is when they make more extreme cases or goes against the facts that Brady was the reason for all 6 Super Bowls or he is responsible for the defense turning around in 2001 or how team immediately turned around when Brady came in to start in 2001.
You keep claiming that you're not "Team Bill" but you seem to think since I am not crowning him for a 36-44 run in Cleveland that I don’t think he is a good coach. Things like this are why you're perceived to be on "Team Bill". Team Bill seems to refuse to acknowledge any sort of nuance and lashes out at any criticism (or even things as black and white as winning records).

The Bradyites want us to know that all 6 super bowls were 100% Brady and that Belichick was a bum he pulled off the floor...

Well that was a hell of a team Bill built then. Congrats you have successfully made me ignore every other game outside of those 20.

To Build...
3: to develop according to a systematic plan, by a definite process, or on a particular base
ex. built the organization from the ground up

Just like the Patriots were built.

I think there is zero chance Patriots re-sign both Andrews and Thuney. Hell there's a better chance they both walk then they both get re-signed.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of the good FAs due a big pay day walking. Why would they stay? Team is lacking a QB.
I expect neither to be back. And I’m fine with it.

The Bradyites want us to know that all 6 super bowls were 100% Brady and that Belichick was a bum he pulled off the floor...
Who said that? Can you quote that person? Because, whoever that is, ignores the rest of the team and the game planning. It’s true that the players are more important than the coaches. Especially at the QB position. That’s how a guy like Bill could go from being a sub-.500 lifetime head coach to a six time Super Bowl-winning HC. The man himself said players win games and coaches can only lose them. But I’d really like to see who said Brady was 100% responsible and have a good laugh at them. Surely, this isn’t conjecture, is it?

By the way, one of the few active posters who dedicated his username to Brady calling other people “Bradyites,” among other low effort nicknames, is comedy gold. It’s time to move on in the grieving process, my friend. You’re still stuck in the “anger” phase.

To Build...
3: to develop according to a systematic plan, by a definite process, or on a particular base
ex. built the organization from the ground up

Just like the Patriots were built.
Except he built nothing. He built one playoff season. Put his Browns career upon there with Ben McAdoo, Leslie Frazier, and Todd Haley. All those guys went to one postseason as well.

You keep claiming that you're not "Team Bill" but you seem to think since I am not crowning him for a 36-44 run in Cleveland that I don’t think he is a good coach. Things like this are why you're perceived to be on "Team Bill". Team Bill seems to refuse to acknowledge any sort of nuance and lashes out at any criticism (or even things as black and white as winning records).

I am Team Truth. And the Truth is in between the extremes. I have said many times that the first few Super Bowl seasons were more Belichick than Brady and the rest were more Brady than Belichick. I also won't allow the narrative to be pushed that Belichick isn't really a good coach because he never won anything with Brady. And I have criticized Belichick many times about his work as a GM. That isn't Team Bill.

In the 1970s he was. But we're talking about a 70 year old in the late 1990s. Two different things. In the 90s he had a .410 winning percentage, .304 with the Ravens.
Like Bill's time with Modell, one needs to account for how detrimental, meddlesome and undermining he was to his organization.

In 1995 March was one play away from going to the Super Bowl with Indy.

In 1996 he was a losing coach with BAL.

He didn't fall off a coach's cliff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday