PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see those comments, only the comments saying Peyton Manning would have scored more points in the Superbowl against the Rams in 01 than Brady did. My point was NE never gets to the Superbowl with 2001 version of Peyton.

Brady was the perfect QB for the 2001 season.

The 2003 season could have been won with a lot of other QBs, as the defense was that good that year. The 01 def while good, was nothing historically good, like the 03 and 04 defenses were.

I think you may be sleeping on the 2001 defense though. They didn't start out all that great. They were decent. But the second half of the season, they gave up the fewest points in the league. And they were one of the only defense to play the Rams tough not once but twice. Sure they gave 24 points to the Rams in that regular season game, but Terrell Buckley had a pick six in that game and they beat up the Rams' offense.

And I think Brady was more important in 2004 than 2001 and 2003. The Pats lost both Ty Law and Tyrone Poole that season and they were put together with scotch tape at CB down the stretch with Troy Brown playing the nickel CB position. The defense took a bit of a step back from 2003 in 2004.

I don't get why Kraft gets a free pass on the loss of Brady.

Because I think Kraft would have done whatever he could to keep Brady. Two years earlier, it was reported that he had to be peace maker with Brady and Belichick because Brady wanted to walk then.

I do want. With all due respect, I do.
Lakers did the right thing with Kobe, he sucked but they rode with him.

And Brady represented much more to NEP. And besides, he did not suck like Kobe.

So yes, I want BB to crash and burn. Kraft can also be my guest.
I'm not happy with Bob and Bill either, but the team crashing and burning isn't going to bring Brady back.

I agree. If he allegedly meddled in the Jimmy G situation why not step in with Brady? Tell Bill sit in the corner Tom and I are going to work this out.

Reports were he did. Brady just wanted to leave. Kraft tried to keep him.

I'm not happy with Bob and Bill either, but the team crashing and burning isn't going to bring Brady back.
I do not want the team crashing and burning.

Just BB. And if he does not win another SB, that's all I want.

They should've think better before stabbing Brady in the back.

He just wanted a 2-year contract, man.
And he deserved that.

Reports were he did. Brady just wanted to leave. Kraft tried to keep him.
Lies, more lies. He wanted a 2-year contract, that's all.

BB wanted to dump Brady since 2014.
This is a fact.

Because I think Kraft would have done whatever he could to keep Brady. Two years earlier, it was reported that he had to be peace maker with Brady and Belichick because Brady wanted to walk then.
Kraft calls the shots as the owner. Who reported that story? Kraft TV Productions?

I do not want the team crashing and burning.

Just BB. And if he does not win another SB, that's all I want.

They should've think better before stabbing Brady in the back.

He just wanted a 2-year contract, man.
And he deserved that.
Though I feel blessed to have seen them win as much as they did, and will die a happy fan even if they don't, I'd still like to see the Pats win another SB just to see all of the heads explode around the NYFL.

Kraft calls the shots as the owner. Who reported that story? Kraft TV Productions?

Seth Wickersham of ESPN and he quotes others.

And yes, Kraft calls the shots, but he cannot force Brady to re-sign with the Pats. I don't think Brady wanted to re-sign. I think he was tired of Belichick and his coaching style.

Though I feel blessed to have seen them win as much as they did, and will die a happy fan even if they don't, I'd still like to see the Pats win another SB just to see all of the heads explode around the NYFL.
As soon as Brady retires, I can follow you in this regard.

Until then, I want Brady to shove every ring in BB and Kraft's asses.

Lies, more lies. He wanted a 2-year contract, that's all.

BB wanted to dump Brady since 2014.
This is a fact.

That isn't what was reported. I don't wanted to come back.

And Belichick wasn't trying to dump Brady since 2014, but Brady was in his late 30s in 2014. Belichick would have been a fool if he wasn't looking for the next QB at that point. Brady has been defying the odds in terms of his longevity for like three or four years now. Prior to Brady, even most of the elite QBs are done 38-40.

And yes, Kraft calls the shots, but he cannot force Brady to re-sign with the Pats. I don't think Brady wanted to re-sign. I think he was tired of Belichick and his coaching style.
WickerSHAM? Maybe with a little donation from Kraft family, perhaps? :rofl:

Brady wanted a 2-year contract. BB did not want to give him that. Don't try to manipulate facts, Rob. You are embarrassing yourself once more.

That isn't what was reported. I don't wanted to come back.

And Belichick wasn't trying to dump Brady since 2014, but Brady was in his late 30s in 2014. Belichick would have been a fool if he wasn't looking for the next QB at that point. Brady has been defying the odds in terms of his longevity for like three or four years now. Prior to Brady, even most of the elite QBs are done 38-40.
But, but, but.

Only excuses.

Let me ask you Rob: how many SBs does Brady have after 37?

WickerSHAM? Maybe with a little donation from Kraft family, perhaps? :rofl:

Brady wanted a 2-year contract. BB did not want to give him that. Don't try to manipulate facts, Rob. You are embarrassing yourself once more.

Your sources on this is no better than mine. I am not saying my sources are right, but it doesn't change the fact that there are conflicting narratives and we don't know who is right. You are letting your biases guide you.

Sorry Rob, but ever since defamegate I stopped reading or listening to anything from BSPN. My boycott of the boston globe is much deeper and goes back even further. I don't think we'll ever know the true story on why they split up, but I'm still pissed that it happened.

Your sources on this is no better than mine. I am not saying my sources are right, but it doesn't change the fact that there are conflicting narratives and we don't know who is right. You are letting your biases guide you.
Nope. You are letting your crush on BB get the best of you buddy.

BB is wrong. He made a bad call.
And it's over.
Don't try to distort narratives to minimize the size of the crap he did.

Sorry Rob, but ever since defamegate I stopped reading or listening to anything from BSPN. My boycott of the boston globe is much deeper and goes back even further. I don't think we'll ever know the true story on why they split up, but I'm still pissed that it happened.
If you're a powerful guy like Kraft, owning the best NFL franchise, saying you consider Brady your son, did you let BB dump Brady?

For god's sake, this narrative is BS.

Brady was always a good soldier, a pristine leader and if Kraft intervened, Brady would still be here.

But, but, but.

Only excuses.

Let me ask you Rob: how many SBs does Brady have after 37?

What part of defying the odds do you not understand. A QB over 40 has won the Super Bowl twice. Both by Brady. What Brady is doing has never been done before. So how Belichick to know for sure that Brady could do it when hundreds of other QBs have broken down by 40 and Brady is second.

I am not making excuses. I am saying his rational. Probably the same rational that most GMs would have done in the same position.

There are a lot of things I blame Belichick for as a GM. Drafting Garoppolo and trying to make him Brady's heir apparent isn't one of them. The odds were by the time Jimmy was the starting QB in San Fran, Brady would be a shell of his GOAT self. To Brady's credit, he wasn't and he still isn't.

He is quoting other people. And other people have confirmed it. I don't know if it is true, but it seems to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes