PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard's "source" says that the Brady/Belichick/Kraft drama has not been hashed out yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting thing about this report is the inclusion of the information that Brady was instrumental in keeping McDaniels. Such an inclusion would lead one to believe there’s a real source and not just a rehash for clicks to Bedard’s website.

I've thought Brady had a big hand in the whole McDaniels thing from the day McDaniels jilted the Dolts, especially given the rumblings/"tensions" out of 1 Patriots Place all year.

Yeah, it’s a shame that Mort came out with this bogus report because no one gives a sh!t about the truth now. The damage has been done. The average fan couldn’t care less whether it was 2.0 psi or 0.2 psi. Just another example of shoddy reporting with facts that aren’t true, although that seems to be par for the course, these days.

Though the quote in the story re: McDaniels is ambiguous.

That includes the owner’s deference to Brady and his role in the retention of Josh McDaniels.

It's not clear (to me anyways) that the "his" there refers to Brady. It could easily (and I think in the most natural reading of the sentence, does) refer to Kraft

"Source".

I'm not saying these guys are perfect, but they generally don't get to where they are by making **** up. I'm really tired of this rush to call things you don't like fake news. It's childish.

Could it be wrong? Sure. Could it be overstated? You betcha. But doubtless the guy has a source.
I actually put the quotes in to try to indicate that it is an anonymous source. I was beginning to run out of room.

The bored, idle press needs to create controversy (interest) the week before TC to justify their existence..

He did not have a good source. It wasn't two pounds. It wasn't one pound. It wasn't half a pound. And according the to almighty Well's report it was 0.3 pounds. According the 21 Science professors who signed an Amicus brief and sent it, along with their reputations, to the Supreme Court it was no pounds.

Mort got exposed as the prostituted puppet he is. **** that dude and his sources.
It's not that you have (A) good or bad source, it's that you confirm what the source says before you rush to print/tweet whether through tarot cards, tea leaves or the hairdressers 2nd cousin with 2 left feet, right? I mean, that is better than Felger shouting out in his dark, cold, clammy basement to "Alexa" for confirmation while trying to rub his undescended testicles or Borges copying stories from HS newspapers from East Butt**** Wyoming (or Patsfans.com) hoping no one will notice except his ventriloquist dummy he goes fishing with in Florida or Tomase trying to eat all the other patrons' food at Dennys to see what the syrup tells him at the bottom of the plates.

When Mulder & Scully were told the truth is out there they "didn't" mean wait twenty five years, two iterations of the television series and two Hollywood movies. Or "did" they?

I guess it's why I'm here: I know why BB didn't play Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl and for the free advice. Thanks again.

I love all the attack the messenger stuff. You guys are classic deniers.
I think there was definitely something going on behind the scenes last year between the big 3 of the Patriots. My interest centers around Belichick’s supposed ire around retaining McDaniels. That does not logically compute given what we know about the two and their working relationship to date.

I think there was definitely something going on behind the scenes last year between the big 3 of the Patriots. My interest centers around Belichick’s supposed ire around retaining McDaniels. That does not logically compute given what we know about the two and their working relationship to date.

I was a bit surprised about that, but maybe belichick feels it is meddling in his coaching staff? Either way, I totally can see belichick just ignoring the tension, expecting it to go away once football starts.

I was a bit surprised about that, but maybe belichick feels it is meddling in his coaching staff? Either way, I totally can see belichick just ignoring the tension, expecting it to go away once football starts.

I highly doubt that if such tension exists because of that, it's because Belichick feels that its meddling with his coaching staff. Continuity is definitely a good thing. It's either outright wrong (the report about this) or it's because McDaniels may have somehow been designated as "HC-in-waiting." We'll see. But it's a suspect charge at best.

The bored, idle press needs to create controversy (interest) the week before TC to justify their existence..
I was listening to sports talk the other day and in frustration I thought to myself that all of it, along with TV shows such as Boston Sports Tonight (which I generally like), should go on hiatus from right after the NBA draft until the opening of NFL training camps. What a wasteland time period. Sh## is just invented day after day after day, it seems. And I say that as someone who is still a baseball fan.

And they always have to be proven right. So they'll just keep bleating their story, using each other as reference to say there's smoke, until it comes true or someone has to address it. In which case, they'll say there must have been something there because BB/RK dealt with it.

BB may well be fine with continuing to work with McDaniels but still be POd with how it all went down, especially if BB sees the return of McD as reflecting too much owner...or player... interference in BB’s domain.

Also, especially if McD is there at Brady’s behest, the HC-in-waiting thing sets up potentially problematic dynamics. What if BB wants to do signing or transaction X but McD strongly disagrees? That’s now affecting McD’s upcoming HC career. How well does he take it? Does Kraft get involved?

I could definitely see BB being worried that McD being there has the potential to bring in more owner interference or at least pushback.

Last edited:
He did not have a good source. It wasn't two pounds. It wasn't one pound. It wasn't half a pound. And according the to almighty Well's report it was 0.3 pounds. According the 21 Science professors who signed an Amicus brief and sent it, along with their reputations, to the Supreme Court it was no pounds.

Mort got exposed as the prostituted puppet he is. **** that dude and his sources.
I'm a Chem Engineer had had the calculation before they even got to AZ. Two PSI looked suspicious, there were counter reports that made it seem like the Pats balls were at least very close to the minimum of 12.5psi. But when the NFL actually released the data in the Wells it was crystal clear the footballs started the AFCCG it 12.5psi. It was also abundantly clear that Exponent was hired to muddy the water with absolute BS.

Bedard is becoming a click bait artist on the order of Shaughnessy. He's the one guy at BSJ totally pulling it out of his @$$.

Belichick's is losing autonomy over "his" team

BB prefers certainty which is in sharp contrast to the reality of his current QB situation.
Belichick waited as long as he possibly could hanging onto Jimmy Perfect G well beyond his maximum value inflection point ....hoping/waiting for Brady to walk into the sunset.
Jimmy G = 5+ years of future certainty vs Brady's year to year "We'll see" that the team currently operates under(despite Brady's proclamations)
Celeb loving Kraft backs his Country Club Estate neighbor.
New England now operates within a narrow window...just one retirement announcement away from basement dwelling status.

Brady continues to flex his organizational power
Free rent at Patriot Place.
Unlimited team access for Magic Hands....valiantly fought off for now.
Jimmy G extraction
Self designed schedule.
Coaching demands.
All accepted to placate the QB who operates year to year..."My family, my family, I need Josh, Where is my Magic Hands."

Promises have been made to Josh.
BB is aware.
Brady's behind the scenes maneuvering has been successful.
BB is isolated
BB is the source.
This soap opera is just in the foreplay stages. Betrayal and unraveling coming after a word from our sponsors.
From my lofty perch, it is abundantly clear who holds the dagger.....The guy whose media team is creating a mythical figure narrative of a self-created super-species who defies the laws of nature.
Mr. Team First has evolved into Me First......"See me conquer time in my next episode produced by my production company TB12 Productions (Associate Producers: Magic Hands, Tony Robbins, Big Stan the Flim Flam Man, and Aussie Pete: creator of SlapChop)"
Last man standing in NE possesses bragging rights
:)

Last edited:
The interesting thing about this report is the inclusion of the information that Brady was instrumental in keeping McDaniels. Such an inclusion would lead one to believe there’s a real source and not just a rehash for clicks to Bedard’s website.

The information about Daniels leads me to believe the source is from Belichick’s camp as neither Kraft or Brady would have any reason to drag McDaniels into this.

I’m just waiting for the next shoe to drop. It should be dropping shortly.

Yeah, Belichick is such a chatterbox. Probably airing his dirty laundry over the back yard fence. How could Bedard help but hear?

THIS!!!!!

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you that Bedard came out with this article on one of the two slowest sports days of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes