PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard weighs in on Brady extension and how it effects the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace Mallett with Cassel or Hoyer, both available
They should pick up one of them just for the sake of having them here "Just in case." Problem with Mallet is also that when he could have gone into games and gotten reps...they opted to keep playing Brady..I think they got him in once for a quarter...that's about it!!

Also, an ST LB, I guess to upgrade White/Tarpinian/Koutivides
I seem to remember the Patriots signing some guy named Dane Fletcher for that. :)

That doesn't preclude them from signing others (I hope).

Bedard was unsure about the team's take on Wilson when he posted in a different thread here in the past couple of days. He may have gotten some clarification, or he may be guessing on that one.

I think it's funny you all just believe that is Bedard without any question

I think it's funny you all just believe that is Bedard without any question

You know that Tommy Curran posts here, right? The TV/sports guy Curran.

And you know that the newbie posting that TFB should sign for vet minimum was another team's troll, right? Jets or maybe Ravens.

You know that Tommy Curran posts here, right? The TV/sports guy Curran.

And you know that the newbie posting that TFB should sign for vet minimum was another team's troll, right? Jets or maybe Ravens.

Honestly anyone can make up any name and be who ever they want.

I didn't see anything that said he had the potential to be a quality starter.

I have issues with cover safeties that can't cover. You're welcome to think that cover safeties who can't cover are not problems. We'll simply differ there. It's possible that Wilson will make the "jump" this year. I'd rather not risk it.

41 tackles, 4 int and 2 fumble recoveries is a damn good rookie season.. He got beat twice and you make the assertion he can't be a starter..

I thought that Woodhead would have been re-signed in any case. Now, it should be almost a sure thing, unless he really thinks that he can start elsewhere, and wants that.

I guess losing our kick returner will convince some that Woodhead is worth more. The reality is that he was always signing, and surely so after Brady's extension.

With the news that Demps is leaving football for track, I would no longer be so sure about
Woody not being re-signed.

With the news that Demps is leaving football for track, I would no longer be so sure about
Woody not being re-signed.

I'd agree. Of course there was about a 50/50 split anyway as to Woodhead's departure even when Demps was expected to suddenly beat out everyone and jump up to the RB1 spot.

One thing that I am keeping in mind is that these are also Bedard's opinions, which are almost guaranteed to be based on informative hunches and bits/pieces of info that he's gathered, but shouldn't be taken as being written in stone either.

I think the guy's great in many ways and obviously has some reliable sources, but things can change, and I would also imagine that he'll be right on some (probably even most or at least the majority) but wrong on others. Without having any "inside sources" I'm guessing that they like Arrington in the slot where he's much better and also his potential to start outside if/when needed, his ST ability, his work ethic and attitude from being an UDFA, and his knowledge of the system and experience here.

The key will be whether or not he's looking for starter's money, and if anyone is actually that desparate to offer it to him etc. Bedard may have a hunch on that, but he also doesn't know how many other teams may/may not overpay for his services and if there is a middle ground amount between slot CB/cheaper starter money that Arrington would be willing to accept to remain here.

The same would go for Woodhead of course, as you mentioned.

Honestly anyone can make up any name and be who ever they want.

Over on patriotsplanet I go by "Boo Boo Kitty Phuck..."

I thought that Woodhead would have been re-signed in any case. Now, it should be almost a sure thing, unless he really thinks that he can start elsewhere, and wants that.

I guess losing our kick returner will convince some that Woodhead is worth more. The reality is that he was always signing, and surely so after Brady's extension.

That's not to say that I believe that Woody should be our KR either. Or McCourty, who flat-out sux
in that role (he's one of the worst I've ever seen).

If Demps isn't available, then Bill needs to find a legit KR among his rookie WRs & DBs.
But Woody's value here goes beyond his mediocre at best KR skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST