Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think BB will trade Gronk this year?

• Yes

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 81.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Reynolds carries entire movies

he wasn't the issue in green lantern.

Maybe go watch some of his other non-blockbuster movies(Buried, The Voices, Mississipi Grind)

I think the big issue here is you think The actor that plays Steve Stiffler, is ACTUALLY LIKE STEVE STIFFLER. He's not. I don't think you understand the base level idea that is Acting.

If gronk want's to act like a frat boy, those are the only roles he's going to get and its going to be a really poor career.

Look at a guy like Dave Bautista. He's a "meat head" right? heres the thing, he's not. He's just a regular Jacked dude, that has talent. Gronk has not displayed ANY acting talent outside of just playing himself.

There's a reason Gina Carano has struggled transitioning into films from MMA, shes getting better but shes still pretty wooden.
I don't want to get into an acting discussion , but thanks for telling me what I think.

I've paid a lot to see Gronk play football. I wouldn't pay a dime to see him act.

He is charismatic at a general level, but other than a goon support role I do not see him making the millions these actors claim he will earn.

His comedy special did not exactly showcase his performance skills. Go through former NFL guys who act well, and I don't see him as exhibiting the traits that got them repeated movie roles. He would make a good Sloth from Goonies.

The Rock has talent, whether you love or hate him. But the theater of the WWE (not just the rolling around in the ring) shows some of those talents, and exposes others who are just big dudes with no performing talent. Gronk is not articulate, and his commercials are not awesome other than the ability to be Gronk (non-acting). Many of these WWE guys actually can do an interview and show a sense of timing and range.

It’s really a tough spot Gronk is putting the team in...obviously he is a generational talent, but if BB begins to question a player’s commitment we all know what happens. Problem is...what team in their right mind would give up a 1 or even a high 2 for a player you aren’t sure will play? Or even play more than a year or two?

I just want Gronk to make his decision whatever that may be
Gronk is trolling.
Gronk is playing, he knows it, B.B. knows it.
This is his trolling way to stay in the news

I could see him in Expendables 4. He could be in a Deadpool like role as well, but no way he could carry a franchise.

The more I think about it, anything Ryan Reynolds does, Gronk could do.
I think Blake Lively falls into that category.

We will never know for sure, but I thought Collins might be freelancing in an effort to showcase his skills in a contract year, affecting game plans as a result. They were not going to pay him what he was going to get, so that, too.
Yea the Collins one will always be peculier. If he got his money would he have not freelanced (if he in fact did)?

I don’t see a gronk trade in the tea leaves
Maybe there's one in the cards, though.

Hey -- what happened to the TV on your head?

Yea the Collins one will always be peculier. If he got his money would he have not freelanced (if he in fact did)?
Oh he freelanced and I don’t think it was about money, I think that’s just who he is.

Oh he freelanced and I don’t think it was about money, I think that’s just who he is.
I was being nice. That running play w/ Gillislee seemed blatant but im not 100% sure

I dunna know though. He seemed fine to me before the 2016 season.

Not worrying about it at all.
If a trade presents itself that makes us better in the long term I expect Belichick to execute that trade.
Gronk needing to be in the public's eye more and more as a marketing tool will be a slippery slope for Belichick to navigate.
A high 1st along with a swap of our 3rd for their 2nd would be my minimum ask.

We are not winning a Super Bowl without a greatly improved defense anyways -
can we pull that off and keep Gronk in the next year? ... to me that is the question.

I voted, "No"...not because I think it won't happen, but because we would never get value in return. I don't even think a top 10 pick in 2018 over 4 years is worth what Gronk would give us on the field for 2018 even if he retires after the season.

Maybe they could bring back the 'Gong Show' with Gronk as the host?

giphy.gif

I highly doubt they trade Gronk. Again, why trade away the best TE in NFL history and not only make the offense weaker for Brady but weaken the team overall? Whatever they receive in compensation is not a guarantee they will pan out. I've seen people on here respond, "but they won a Super Bowl without him". Yes, they did only because they had Bennett who picked up the slack but wasn't exactly game breaking like Gronk. They don't have anyone that can do that now and I'd bet they wouldn't be able to find someone to match his production.

If Jimmy G couldn't get more than a 2nd pick what makes you think OBJ or Gronk will garner anything higher? Gronk already devalued himself by saying he's thinking of retirement. OBJ devalued himself by being a liability.

I believe Gronk is just frustrated for a few reasons:

• The frustrating Super Bowl loss
  • Tired of taking cheap shots on a weekly basis. Gronk to football is Shaq to basketball. Anybody who watched Shaq's career saw him get draped on, punched, kicked, tackled you name it but the refs let it slide because he was so "dominant". Gronk gets abused by defenders and as a fan watching it pisses me off.
  • The biggest reason: He's the 4th highest paid TE in the NFL right now. Somethings not right with that.

/\ Gronk likes blue cats /\

I could see it for the 49er’s #9, but Belichick would be stupid to trade him for less. He’s the best TE in history and the league right now, you don’t trade him for anything less than a top 10 pick. If no one will give it you ride it out.

I don’t see a trade happening. My only trade scenario would be that he wants to play somewhere else say San Francisco. I would trade him for the ninth pick in the first round. Why? Because you would be purchasing a lottery ticket for your replacement quarterback. The quarterback position trumps all in the NFL I am not a draft person and do not know if this year‘s quarterback class is worth having the ninth Pick.
Bill would probably take the ninth and trade down for a bunch of second and third and drive us all nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes