Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think BB will trade Gronk this year?

• Yes

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 81.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He speculates possible Gronk trade destinations would include San Francisco or the LA Rams.

Rob Gronkowski Trade Rumors: Move More Possible Until TE Commits to Returning

If San Francisco offered their #9 overall 1st rounder or the Rams offered their #23 overall, Gronk might be a goner. Pats seriously need to take an LT early. They could address that need with the earlier 1st rounder then use their own late 1st or an early 2nd round pick to pick up a replacement TE. It might not be ideal but I would not be surprised to see a fairly merciless BB make that move if Gronk's head and heart were no longer committed to being a Patriot.

What do you guys think? Is there smoke to this fire or is Bedard just blustering and searching for page hits? Will BB trade Gronk in 2018?

He speculates possible Gronk trade destinations would include San Francisco or the LA Rams.

If San Francisco offered their #9 overall 1st rounder or the Rams offered their #23 overall, Gronk might be a goner. Pats seriously need to take an LT early. They could address that need with the earlier 1st rounder then use their own late 1st or an early 2nd round pick to pick up a replacement TE. It might not be ideal but I would not be surprised to see a fairly merciless BB make that move if Gronk's head and heart were no longer committed to being a Patriot.

What do you guys think? Is there smoke to this fire or is Bedard just blustering and searching for page hits? Will BB trade Gronk in 2018?
Interestingly enough, Bedard claims that the best we’d likely get is a late first rounder, or a 2 + 3.

I wouldn’t trade him at all unless they know something behind the scenes, and if that’s the case, he’d probably already be gone. At the very least, I’d want a solid first round selection, but I doubt we’d get the 9th overall pick.

Mediots that want to think for Belichick should at least try thinking like him first. Bedard is almost as far removed from the inner workings of Belichick's decision making process as my dog is. His 'taeks' get more Felgerian by the week. Someone would need assurances from Gronk that he is going to continue playing to trade for him and if he is going to keep playing then why would a Pats team in it's version of a win now mode trade one of the premier weapons in the game unless it was for a king's ransom? Sure history has shown us almost anyone is tradeable in the eyes of Belichick but he would have to believe he is getting back superior value that would have an immediate impact great enough to offset what he is giving up.

If the patriots traded Gronk for the best LT in the nfl they would become a worse team.
No team is going to trade for a guy who won’t say whether he is going to ever play again. So a prerequisite of a trade is to remove the condition that bedard is using as a basis for the patriots trading him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t see a gronk trade in the tea leaves

I could see it for the 49er’s #9, but Belichick would be stupid to trade him for less. He’s the best TE in history and the league right now, you don’t trade him for anything less than a top 10 pick. If no one will give it you ride it out.

IF we didnt get 14 first rounders for Jimmy G, the QB better than Brady, then how do get that much for gronk>

Why do we give the mediots that much click power I dont think gronk will be traded ,that is all the tought im going to give

Last edited:
I could see it for the 49er’s #9, but Belichick would be stupid to trade him for less. He’s the best TE in history and the league right now, you don’t trade him for anything less than a top 10 pick. If no one will give it you ride it out.

#9 would be hard to turn down. If the giants get two first round picks for Beckham tho. Gronk value should be on par with obj

Not sure if Bedard is hearing things or actually speculating.

At any rate his contract is ridiculously cheap for his talent level and production.

If healthy ,he has two more years of top-level production. Maybe 3.

Is that a high 1st? No. Mid to late #1st? If I'm a team on the brink....why not?

If im Bill I keep him. Granted they win without him but he's such a generational talent who is still playing at an elite level. He's more valuable playing than trading.

Only way he is traded is if he is just miserable here or will sit out because he wants buku bucks.

He's the greatest tight end of all time and he's still in his prime. The return could never equal his value.

Unless...

If you think he's going to retire next year, a 1st round pick might be more valuable than one season of Gronk, especially because it might ensure you get your next QB. But if he plays another five seasons, you're boned. It's a gamble.

I would want a minimum of 3 first rounders

The only time trading Gronk makes sense is if it's for a first rounder and he's thinking about retiring next year. That being said, why would a team offer up its first round pick for a guy that has openly contemplated retirement?

Interestingly enough, Bedard claims that the best we’d likely get is a late first rounder, or a 2 + 3.

I wouldn’t trade him at all unless they know something behind the scenes, and if that’s the case, he’d probably already be gone. At the very least, I’d want a solid first round selection, but I doubt we’d get the 9th overall pick.
I can see why. Gronk is waffling about retiring, it would be a very questionable move to part with an early/mid first rounder for a player who might not even be interested in playing football any longer.

He's waited an eternity for his Mark Bavaro replacement and now that he has him (and probably a bit better), BB thinks it's time for the fun to end? Must be some fairly serious crap happening if that's even a remote consideration.

He's the greatest tight end of all time and he's still in his prime. The return could never equal his value.

Unless...

If you think he's going to retire next year, a 1st round pick might be more valuable than one season of Gronk, especially because it might ensure you get your next QB. But if he plays another five seasons, you're boned. It's a gamble.
If you can get a 1st round pick you trade him. He's often injured, he's a knucklehead off the field who does dumb things that put his own health and well being at risk and the Patriots have won a Super Bowl without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes