Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think BB will trade Gronk this year?

• Yes

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 81.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes. I think Gronk is amazing, but I dought he has many more seasons in him.

I think that some fans are overlooking two things concerning the Garoppolo trade.
1 - The timing just wasn't any good for the Pats. Belichick made a near perfect move by having a replacement QB, but it was messed it up by TB lasting as long as he has.
2 - Once in the position of being forced to trade Garoppolo, Belichick did a good job of sending him somewhere where he'd have less impact on the Pats and be more likely to stay put. If BB sent him packing to Cleveland, soon he'd be out of there and looking for a job with the Bills or Jets.

I think that was his primary concern. He knew Garrapolo wouldn't sign in Cleveland and wanted make sure he would be in the NFC and sign where he went.

Saw a rumor of Gronk going to the Rams. Is this what bedard was speculating?

I wouldn’t do it. I would only do it if I knew I could get a player who could be an impact player for years to come. I don’t want to trade him, and instead I would try to extend him two years and pay him what he’s actually worth. Gronk deserves top money and I would make him an exception and redo his deal, but I would still tie games played to it.

Edelman is a pretty good replacement for Amendola. Amendola was slated to be
the #4 or #5 receiver. Gilmore replaced Butler as the #1 cornerback. McCourty
will probably be the #2 cornerback. Don't know if he is as good as Butler but he
did have a better season than Butler last year. I will miss Lewis's ability to avoid
tacklers but expect Burkhead and White can do a reasonable job replacing him.

Like you, I will miss all of these guys. They were the heroes of past Superbowls.

Maybe it's the number of top players that's bothering me. It feels like a house-cleaning.

We may knnow more about Gronk two weeks from Monday/
Maybe it's the number of top players that's bothering me. It feels like a house-cleaning.
It was tough for the Patriots to avoid these losses because each player received top dollar. The losses were eased by the players returning from IR: Cannon, Ebner, Edelman, Hightower, C. Jones, J. Jones, Mitchell, Rivers, Valentine and from NFI:
Davis, Garcia, Jenks, and Langi. Almost like another free agency or draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes