Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think BB will trade Gronk this year?

• Yes

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 81.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name any player or draftee that would make the Pats better than keeping Gronk on the team? Plus he doesn't have a ridiculous salary. Trading Gronk, or even thinking about it, is stupid!!

I would rather have Waddle and Gronk, then no Gronk and the greatest LT of all time.

I could see it for the 49er’s #9, but Belichick would be stupid to trade him for less. He’s the best TE in history and the league right now, you don’t trade him for anything less than a top 10 pick. If no one will give it you ride it out.

So, you decide to "ride it out" because the best offer you received from a team that Gronk would be happy to play for is only a 2nd + a 3rd ("stupid" to accept that little), and then Gronk retires?

So, you decide to "ride it out" because the best offer you received from a team that Gronk would be happy to play for is only a 2nd + a 3rd ("stupid" to accept that little), and then Gronk retires?

I hope he’s not that badly unhappy

He's the greatest tight end of all time and he's still in his prime. The return could never equal his value.

Unless...

If you think he's going to retire next year, a 1st round pick might be more valuable than one season of Gronk, especially because it might ensure you get your next QB. But if he plays another five seasons, you're boned. It's a gamble.
He’s not only the greatest TE of all time he is a complete player at a position B.B. feels is the toughest on the field to find a great, complete player and at a position B.B. values very highly.

I would not be surprised if Gronk is traded, but I think he will be here and either extended or given some more cash.

TL;DR, but this sticks out to me: "then use their own late 1st or an early 2nd round pick to pick up a replacement TE."

How many second round TEs could a team pick an not find a replacement for Gronk? 10? 50? 100?

To think you could pick one guy at TE and reasonably expect him to be even a 70% replacement sounds like quite a bet.

First we are not aware of Gronks attitude and decision about his future. It is unknown either his frustration is a result of his desire connected with changing the environment ( I mean acting or wrestling ) or he typically wants to manifest his dissatisfaction with his position in the organisation (money). It is a futile discussion until Gronk clearly expresses his feelings. Then we can speculate what's next. I know one thing - this whole situation is a clear message we should find help in TE with or without Gronk.

This speculation is stupid. The only reason you’d trade him is because of all the uncertainty around him. But, of course, it’s that very uncertainty that makes him impossible to trade for anything of even remotely significant value.

If he is healthy and not retired, you want to keep him. If he is not healthy or is retiring, he’s worthless on the trade market.

I have my doubts that Gronk really wants to retire. That whole thing may have been a heat of the moment thing related to a heartbreaking loss in the Super Bowl. Or the whole Hollywood aspect may have put that idea in his head. I don't really think he wants to retire but obviously we don't know the true story.

I would only do it if it was a top 5 pick, and I still probably wouldn't. Gronk is the best Tight End in NFL history. Unless we get someone like Bradley Chubb or even Saquon Barkley, I don't pull the trigger.

Gronkowski is working out at the Pats facility, thinking of retiring and will possibly be traded? Makes sense.

Wasn't the source of this alleged tension interference with his Guerrero workouts? If he is Hollywood bound, why even visit the facility when he can focus on TB12 and ignore the Pats interference?

BB trades decent players when they don't follow his game plan or hold out. Gronk seems to do everything he asks on the field, so unless the problem is a hold out I see him going nowhere unless he actually does retire. And I agree nobody dumps big trade bait for a guy who is done with the NFL.

1) Why is there no Ray Lewis option in the poll?
2) Is Bedard part of the inner circle that would plant a story? I would think that if it were Reiss or Curran it might be something. thoughts?
3) If he's a pain in the ass in the locker room, trade him, same as Moss and Milloy.

I think there is a real good possibility that Gronk gets traded because he is
behaving like a dumbass. I don't agree with the compensation you are all
suggesting. The whole league knows they can screw Belichick when he is
over a barrel. SF has already traded their #2 to the Patriots, so maybe their
#3 this year or a #2 next year.

BB trades decent players when they don't follow his game plan or hold out. Gronk seems to do everything he asks on the field, so unless the problem is a hold out I see him going nowhere unless he actually does retire. And I agree nobody dumps big trade bait for a guy who is done with the NFL.

...or if he doesn't think their cap # is worth their play (Vrabel) or if he forsees them being a contractual nightmare (Collins, Moss, Seymour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe