PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard film review of Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Career as unofficial capologist - Yes. Objective of educating fellow fans about the salary cap - have my doubts

Yes

My biggest concern is that in dumbing down my cap knowledge I will come across as uninformed to those who never heard of me.

Compared some of the talk by sports hosts and "expert" guests on the radio these days, you would really have dumb down cap knowledge quite a bit to come across uninformed.

OT has been valued over interior OL for as long as I can remember, and BB has reflected that in his drafting.

Agree. Drafting Solder and Sebass in rounds 1 and 2 respectively reflect this, as does Cannon and Fleming in the mid-rounds.

CB has been valued over S for as long as I can remember, and BB has sort of reflected this in his drafting, although McCourty's position conversion fuzzes that up.

Again, I agree that the Patriots have certainly used premium draft/free agent/trade capital at cornerback with less than stellar results. As you pointed out above, the irony is the one player who panned out has done better at free safety.

BB's WR draft picks higher than Edelman have been for guys with outside-receiver measurables.

Yes, they have been trying for years to find reliable outside WR's but have little thus far to show for it other than Moss back in 2007 via a draft day trade.

I think that Belichick's drafting/free agency/trades have more recently reflected what Bedard pointed out, but the results have been mixed.

All in all, I feel Bedard's comment about the way teams are built in the modern NFL has merit.

However, I do not think the Patriots are way behind the curve so to speak. It just seems that way because of the personnel misfires that have become manifest during the first quarter of this season.

My biggest concern is that in dumbing down my cap knowledge I will come across as uninformed to those who never heard of me.

Then resolve not to say anything foolish.

The show's hosts have great control over how much you shine, but they can't force you into an actually bad light if you don't play along their (probably inadvertent) moves to put you there.

To a first approximation, you should have a rank-ordered list in mind of the points you want to make, and in answer to whatever they ask, make the point that's highest on your list that's also reasonably relevant to the question.

It's also OK to say "I don't know, and here's why ..."

He sees the exact same thing I see with Collins. The guy had a good game once, but he is not a NFL LB. When he was drafted I thought he may be something coming off the edge. He's just not a good player. He's better suited for a special teams role, if anything.

He turned out OK

jeezus krist....is there a "need more space aliens" link on Google or something that leads these morons here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back