PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB signs Swiss Army Knife to the roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He kind of is too skinny, though. That’s not meaning that he can’t potentially bulk up after spending a year on the practice squad, but he’s WAY smaller/skinnier than our traditional “little guys,” most of which were 20-25+ pounds heavier.

Deion Branch—5’9” and 195 lbs.

Troy Brown—5’10” and 196 lbs.

Julian Edelman—5’10” and 198 lbs.

Danny Amendola—5’11” and 190 lbs.

Wes Welker—5’9” and 185 lbs. (the closest example)

Throwing up a bunch of Height's weights without physically looking at the player is just laughable. Clearly you couldn't be bothered despite my actually posting links that showed pictures of the kid..

I'm not sure why you're shaking your head at that. 5'9.5" 170 is certainly skinny by NFL standards. The few players that size are super-speedster whippets like DeSean Jackson and Marquise Brown. Even diminutive WRs like Braxton Berrios and Andy Isabella outweigh Olszewski by 15 pounds.

I'm shaking my head because it shows that people haven't actually LOOKED at the kid. It shows how they just rely on numbers and have this imaginary idea that isn't actually based in reality..

But, whatever. It just shows that people don't have the 1st clue as to what "SKINNY" actually is.

Manute Bol was skinny. Gunner is not skinny.

Throwing up a bunch of Height's weights without physically looking at the player is just laughable. Clearly you couldn't be bothered despite my actually posting links that showed pictures of the kid..

You’re right—showing how all of the other smaller players in our system are about 20-25 lbs heavier isn’t relevant, whatsoever. :rolleyes:

...Fauria is unlistenable, both in his weekday show and during preseason games. Brings zero to the table and makes even Hart sound like a recent Mensa inductee. Give me Glanville any day.
Never mind Glanville; how about men (especially if they're still in the area) such as Grogan, Hannah or Nelson...or Hannah's fellow teammate & brother HOFer: Andre Tippett, who also happens to Already reside In The Building?
I don't know about anyone else, but I would Much rather hear what those men have to say than what any of Criqui, Cross, Glanville or Fauria have Ever had to say.

A recent article from Projo on Olszewski..

An unlikely break changed Olszewski's future

"Receivers/special-teams coach Joe Judge was the one who informed Olszewski he’d be moving to receiver full-time. He even compared the rookie to Danny Amendola, who was also an undrafted free agent."

This was one of the paragraphs that stood out..

Pre-draft measurables:

Danny Amendola
5’10” 183
4.58 Forty
13 Bench
31.5” Vert
4.25 Shuttle
6.81 Cone

Gunner Olszewski
5’10” 178
4.56 Forty
14 Bench
36.0” Vert
4.37 Shuttle
6.88 Cone

Pre-draft measurables:

Danny Amendola
5’10” 183
4.58 Forty
13 Bench
31.5” Vert
4.25 Shuttle
6.81 Cone

Gunner Olszewski
5’10” 178
4.56 Forty
14 Bench
36.0” Vert
4.37 Shuttle
6.88 Cone
Yeah, 190 lbs for Amendola sounded high. I thought he was more like 180.

Those numbers are according to pro football reference, which is usually a solid tool. They are likely going to vary a bit depending on your source.

I'm pretty sure that, after ten years in the league, he is now much closer to 190 than he is to 180.

A recent article from Projo on Olszewski..

An unlikely break changed Olszewski's future

"Receivers/special-teams coach Joe Judge was the one who informed Olszewski he’d be moving to receiver full-time. He even compared the rookie to Danny Amendola, who was also an undrafted free agent."

This was one of the paragraphs that stood out..
This one stood out to me:

“I love that guy,” Edelman added. “If he’s got a question, I’m here to help try to answer it to the best of my ability. I feel that’s part of my role on the team, being here so long. He’s working hard. He’s definitely a tough kid. I love the chip on his shoulder, and I like working with him, that’s for sure. ... He definitely works his tail off, and I like having him around.”

Tyreek Hill pre-draft was 5'8" 185 pounds and despite being a scumbag he is arguably the most dangerous player in the NFL with the ball in his hands...

Olszewski can afford to get stronger, the notion he can't make it because he's too small is ridiculous.

If true then how do we explain Tyreek, Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Adam Humphries, Dion Lewis, and on and on and on...

Last edited:
Gunner is Binkiesque :)

Tyreek Hill pre-draft was 5'8" 185 pounds and despite being a scumbag he is arguably the most dangerous player in the NFL with the ball in his hands...

Olszewski can afford to get stronger, the notion he can't make it because he's too small is ridiculous.

If true then how do we explain Tyreek, Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, Adam Humphries, Dion Lewis, and on and on and on...
Um...years of experience at their respective positions at major college programs?

Um...years of experience at their respective positions at major college programs?
Edelman played QB, he turned out all right.

I was commenting more on how they're all too small, according to some. If Dion Lewis and Tyreek can thrive in the NFL, then size doesn't matter as much as strength and other measurables. Olszewski can afford to get stronger, but he's far from weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back