PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB signs Swiss Army Knife to the roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too skinny and not muscular ...
His only chance would be on offense and there's too much competition there.
Good story - but I'm not seeing it - needs lots of deer antler spray.

Sounds like a good name for a binkie :)

A few different heights for him on the 'net ranging from 5'9 4/8 to 6'. My eyeball test says closer to 6'...

Nick: So their is this guy...were not sure what position he plays and ....
Bill: Why are you bothering me with this crap?
Nick: His name is Gunner Olszewski
Bill: Sign him....ASAP

Pro-Day number is 5'9 4/8" .. School listings are bogus..

5'9.5 and 170 is "too skinny and not muscular" SMH..

Beaver Football Alumni Gunner Olszewski and John Vogeler Participate In Gopher Pro Day

(that's Gunner with no shirt)

Former BSU standout Olszewski signs with Patriots

I thought about making a snide comment, but I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves..

I think BB sees a bit of Jules and Butler in him. Tenacity and grit. Videos of the kid pops at you. He does indeed plays every down like it is his last. If you watch these highlights, it is like he knows the plays before the snaps, either he is an excellent film watching junkie or his instincts are beyond human. Holy cow. He goes in hot like a missile. Don't think his body can sustain that type of intensity and impact for too long but wow, he does pop on highlights.

Last edited:
I think BB sees a bit of Jules and Butler in him. Tenacity and grit. Videos of the kid pops at you. He does indeed plays every down like it is his last. If you watch these highlights, it is like he knows the plays before the snaps, either he is an excellent film watching junkie or his instincts are beyond human. Holy cow. He goes in hot like a missile. Don't think his body can sustain that type of intensity and impact for too long but wow, he does pop on highlights.

I like that he included the highlight of him blocking the gunner on the punt return to allow the touchback/prevent downing inside 5. lots of pure effort plays. hope at least the PS works out for him.

5'9.5 and 170 is "too skinny and not muscular" SMH..

I thought about making a snide comment, but I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves..
He kind of is too skinny, though. That’s not meaning that he can’t potentially bulk up after spending a year on the practice squad, but he’s WAY smaller/skinnier than our traditional “little guys,” most of which were 20-25+ pounds heavier.

Deion Branch—5’9” and 195 lbs.

Troy Brown—5’10” and 196 lbs.

Julian Edelman—5’10” and 198 lbs.

Danny Amendola—5’11” and 190 lbs.

Wes Welker—5’9” and 185 lbs. (the closest example)

He will have to compensate with ...

(drum roll)

Cat like quickness.

5'9.5 and 170 is "too skinny and not muscular" SMH.

I'm not sure why you're shaking your head at that. 5'9.5" 170 is certainly skinny by NFL standards. The few players that size are super-speedster whippets like DeSean Jackson and Marquise Brown. Even diminutive WRs like Braxton Berrios and Andy Isabella outweigh Olszewski by 15 pounds.

I'm not sure why you're shaking your head at that. 5'9.5" 170 is certainly skinny by NFL standards. The few players that size are super-speedster whippets like DeSean Jackson and Marquise Brown. Even diminutive WRs like Braxton Berrios and Andy Isabella outweigh Olszewski by 15 pounds.

He doesn't look 170 now, though.

Gunner Olszewski is a demon. Conference defensive player of the year, led his HS team in Texas in tackles his senior year, returned both punts and kickoffs. His dad was a pitcher in the Atlanta Braves farm system. Roster | Official Site of Bemidji State Athletics

I wonder if Belichick has asked Edelman if he knows who Wally Pipp is recently.

Edelman was 6’ in the written records of Kent State and his first years with the Pats. He’s now 5’10”. What happened? Shrinkage? Beard weight gravity droop? Anyway, if the Gunner kid can show his superior field vision and nose for the ball is not just a Div II thing, well I’m for giving him time to get some sand in his seat. And then the Pats can say he’s actually 195lbs. Gunner not Edelman.

I wonder if Belichick has asked Edelman if he knows who Wally Pipp is recently.
He wouldn’t have to do that, because Julian works his ass off, doesn’t allow anyone to take his reps on STs or otherwise, and generally has a much better attitude than Welker, who famously said “let him have it.” We all know how that turned out, and I’m sure that Edelman remembers it well.

He wouldn’t have to do that, because Julian works his ass off, doesn’t allow anyone to take his reps on STs or otherwise, and generally has a much better attitude than Welker, who famously said “let him have it.” We all know how that turned out, and I’m sure that Edelman remembers it well.

Ironically Welker might the one who has a fuzzy memory of all this by now.

The guy is tiny by NFL standards and could get broken in half in the preseason but seems tough, fearless. Major long shot for sure but may have that “it factor” that gives him a shot to make the PS. Adding 15 lbs of muscle with a real strength coach and elite facilities is not out of the question and two years from now who knows.

Hard not the laugh at the JV news station crew. Apparently Nosferatu is now moonlighting as a makeup artist. The anchor looks the son of that bad guy from the Untouchables.

"Your friend died squealing like a stuck pig"

"Did it sound anything like that!?"

The guy is tiny by NFL standards and could get broken in half in the preseason but seems tough, fearless. Major long shot for sure but may have that “it factor” that gives him a shot to make the PS. Adding 15 lbs of muscle with a real strength coach and elite facilities is not out of the question and two years from now who knows.

And so another binkie is born.

Hard not the laugh at the JV news station crew. Apparently Nosferatu is now moonlighting as a makeup artist. The anchor looks the son of that bad guy from the Untouchables.

And yet better than some of the preseason productions we had here for the Pats.

And so another binkie is born.

Perhaps.....

And yet better than some of the preseason productions we had here for the Pats.

Very true. Fauria is unlistenable, both in his weekday show and during preseason games. Brings zero to the table and makes even Hart sound like a recent Mensa inductee. Give me Glanville any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes