PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB should be aggressive for once in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one cares.

Team has drafted like absolute garbage since 2013 to now. And whiffed on other moves. If you're a Patriot fan you would care about a clear downward trajectory in personnel talent going on a half dozen years. The lack of talent is ONE factor for why Brady himself left NE.

If there's a big run on QB's, Bill should get aggressive and get the best front 7 player. I dread a trade down.

Agreed. QB is a must. There's no guarantee they are in any better position for anybody in 2021. Trade up. **** it

Looks like a typical BB draft. I don’t think he’s ever taken a QB in the first round. Even Brady was 6th round but that was a once in a generation pick. The last QB we took in the first was Bledsoe but I think we might have to go outside of the box here
True, but other than 2020 has there ever been a time when the composition of his team's roster made drafting a QB in the first round even a slight consideration?

Team has drafted like absolute garbage since 2013 to now. And whiffed on other moves. If you're a Patriot fan you would care about a clear downward trajectory in personnel talent going on a half dozen years. The lack of talent is ONE factor for why Brady himself left NE.

That's fine, but that has nothing to do with your insane hatred towards McDaniels. So when you start whining about McDaniels in a thread about Belichick, no one cares.

For the love of god, get Excel man :) Would probably save you a ton of work when you need to edit/adjust

Nice mock tho!
I coached baseball for 15 years from 1990 to 2005 and I've run a golf league from 1985 to today. I'd be lost without excel.

Aside from Lawrence none of the QBs are really NFL talent. How many Ohio St QBs have to be complete bust before people stop taking them in the first round?

The kid from North Dakota literally has only played one season, and that was last year. He hasn't played against FBS talent. Taking him early in the first round is a recipe for diaster. Honestly if Kellen Mond had played at North Dakota, his numbers would be the same if not better. There is a huge difference between the SEC and the rest of the FBS and an even bigger gap between the FBS and FCS.

The Pats are pretty much devoid of talent. The time to be aggresive is when they had a franchise QB and could have used an explosive playmaker, now its time to restock the cubbard. Unless Waddle, Smith, or Pitts falls to 15, BB should trade back and assemble as many 2nd rd picks as he can.

You really can't even make a mock draft until after free agency starts, because at least then you know what the team needs are.

Is Thuney gone? (most likely)
Andrews?
Do they trade their best player in Gilmore? (not that much cap relief and a huge downgrade, better off keeping him)
Who is the QB?
Is Edelman coming back
James White is signing with Tampa (it is pretty clear that Tampa let TB be the GM and he showed he is a better GM than BB)
Is Hightower coming back or retiring?
Is Cannon getting cut?

As you can see the holes that already exist are many, and depending on the answers to above, their might be even more. If the Pats trade Gilmore, lose Edelman, Hightower, Cannon, White and Thuney, they might be looking at a 2-14 season! (of course they will beat the JEts twice)

My old boss almost bought the house in Atlanta that he "disciplined" his family in. He said it was real cheap! Talk about bad Karma.
Hmmm. May have been too good a deal to pass up. At the very least, if it was haunted, you get to watch the ghost of Benoit putting on a show with a flying headbutt off the top of the stairs...

1613571627493.jpeg

Hmmm. May have been too good a deal to pass up. At the very least, if it was haunted, you get to watch the ghost of Benoit putting on a show with a flying headbutt off the top of the stairs...

View attachment 30591
It would keep the kids in line, "remember what happened to the last occupant of this room"

(I know I'm going to hell for that one, but in my defense, I have already punched that ticket a long time ago!)

I used the rich hill trade chart.

BB will regret not having the cajones to trade up for Justin Fields, who will turn out to be Russell Wilson, only faster, stronger and bigger.
It was crazy to not pull the trigger and give up a 2nd and third or even a first next year for a 10 year generational talent.
Juston would have brought exceptional excitement and mobility to the team. Instead we get MAC. Immobile MAV with one year under his belt.

MAV > Juston.

BB will regret not having the cajones to trade up for Justin Fields, who will turn out to be Russell Wilson, only faster, stronger and bigger.
It was crazy to not pull the trigger and give up a 2nd and third or even a first next year for a 10 year generational talent.
Juston would have brought exceptional excitement and mobility to the team. Instead we get MAC. Immobile MAV with one year under his belt.
If MAV > JUSTON, would you come back and say BB knows more about football than you? As fans we are emotionally invested but we are not likely to lose our jobs (+other family members and coaches jobs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down