PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB loves him some Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it was reported as a possible reason, just like all the others?

You are aware of how silly that sounds, aren't you??

Reported by whom?? And who did the reporter hear it from?? Anonymous Source?? Hearsay information?? Or maybe some guy knew a guy from the Pats who heard this was the reason from another guy??

I find it mildly amusing that after 8 pages of posts, no one seems to be highlighting the lessons of history (or at least BB history).

BB is the guy who:
1. Yanked Kosar in the face of total fan and media revolt.
2. Refused to give the star (#1 draft pick) injured vet Bledsoe back his job (again in the face of media revolt, Albeit only 50%fan skepticism).
3. traded same star and to a division rival no less.

I think BB has clearly shown he has no qualms about
1 going in QB with his gut versus what public or media thinks is right
2. Switching out a star vet for a better performing understudy.

He does have to say Cam is the starter today and at tng camp start. What he says after that (opening day/whenever in season), I trust is going to be based on his/coaches judgement of all 4 QBs status/skills.

those who seem to imply he has some secret deal for cam to start 17 games or love affair w cam that precludes competition I think are ignoring history.

That said, cam could still start 17 games if bb thinks ‘that is best chance to win’.
But I don’t see running qb cam lasting unhurt thru 17 games. and I give 50% chance that Mac may show enough to displace cam sometime during season regardless.

Last edited:
I find it mildly amusing that after 8 pages of posts, no one seems to be highlighting the lessons of history (or at least BB history).

BB is the guy who:
2. Refused to give the star (#1 draft pick) injured vet back his job (again in the face of media revolt, Albeit only 50%fan skepticism).

He does have to say Cam is the starter today and at tng camp start. What he says after that (opening day/whenever in season), I trust is going to be based on his/coaches judgement of all 4 QBs status/skills.

those who seem to imply he has some secret deal for cam to start 17 games or love affair w cam that precludes competition I think are ignoring history.

That said, cam could still start 17 games if bb thinks ‘that is best chance to win’.
But I don’t see running qb cam lasting unhurt thru 17 games. and I give 50% chance that Mac may show enough to displace cam sometime during season regardless.
For good or bad....BB is one decisive mother******

....and it's been mostly good and right.

You are aware of how silly that sounds, aren't you??

Reported by whom?? And who did the reporter hear it from?? Anonymous Source?? Hearsay information?? Or maybe some guy knew a guy from the Pats who heard this was the reason from another guy??
The claim wasn't just on some 1 person Twitter. It was reported on by NBC, among others.

Hindsight 2020: Bill Belichick benching Malcolm Butler still tough to process

This has been batted around about a trillion times.

The claim wasn't just on some 1 person Twitter. It was reported on by NBC, among others.

Hindsight 2020: Bill Belichick benching Malcolm Butler still tough to process

This has been batted around about a trillion times.

No doubt it has, but it has never been confirmed by official sources.. if you choose to rely on unconfirmed info so be it. Supposedly is hardly a harbinger of facts...

From the article:

Supposedly, there was a dustup with safeties coach Steve Belichick. Butler was told to take the field for a special teams session he didn’t normally participate in. Butler balked. Steve Belichick got after Butler for balking. Butler bit back.

Nobody knows what was said, how ugly it got, etc. Nobody has even confirmed it happened at all or if something else led to the benching.

Cam a lot! Cam a lot!

Superman was once a super Panther,
And now not such a super Patriot,
But if Stidh and Jones and Hoyer aren't the answer...

Play Cam a lot! Cam a lot!

The best part of newton rolled down his father’s leg!

No doubt it has, but it has never been confirmed by official sources.. if you choose to rely on unconfirmed info so be it. Supposedly is hardly a harbinger of facts...

From the article:
Regardless of your preference, the fact remains that it was reported by a significant media outlet.

BB is the guy who:
2. Refused to give the star (#1 draft pick) injured vet Bledsoe back his job (again in the face of media revolt, Albeit only 50%fan skepticism).

One difference, however: Bill inherited Kosar & Bledsoe...

Regardless of your preference, the fact remains that it was reported by a significant media outlet.

With many qualifications that none of which was reported has been verified... if you choose to rely on information such as that so be it.

With many qualifications that none of which was reported has been verified... if you choose to rely on information such as that so be it.

To repeat: regardless of your preference, the fact remains that it was reported by a significant media outlet.

To repeat: regardless of your preference, the fact remains that it was reported by a significant media outlet.

Hardly a standard of anything. Ergo anything reported by a significant media outlet should be believed??

Anything reported should be looked at with a "crooked eye"....

Hardly a standard of anything. Ergo anything reported by a significant media outlet should be believed??

Anything reported should be looked at with a "crooked eye"....

Just throwing this out there. Not surprising but interesting, nonetheless.

Boris Groysberg, a professor of business administration at Harvard Business School, co-authored a study on NFL franchise construction in which researchers used 38 years of data to determine the most important leadership role within a successful NFL franchise.
Quarterback topped the list, followed by the coach, general manager and owner, in that order.
“That means a quarterback accounts for more than three times the variance in performance that an owner does and appears to be the most critical factor in team success,” Groysberg wrote in the Harvard Business Review in 2019. “However, coaches and general managers are still very important: they represent more than half of our model’s explained variance.”

Getting to the Super Bowl is hard and you never know if that will be your last. And I think there's a good chance Bill has already coached his last Super Bowl team.

So if not for Brady and the offense and those epic fourth quarter and OT drives against the Chiefs, the last Super Bowl that Bill will ever be a part of would have been the one that he threw away by benching Malcolm Butler and letting Foles have his way with the crap that was out there.

That's why the move sucked. Regular season - yes that would be understandable. Super Bowl - you do whatever it takes to win no matter how painful it is.

Last edited:
"I'm healthy," Newton is seen saying in September 2020. "The last time I've been healthy, that I can document, honestly, (was) 2016 and '17. That's just a fact. After that damn San Diego game -- we played the San Diego Chargers, (and) I reached out and I dove (after) I threw an interception, I messed up my AC joint. And ever since then, bro, it's just been a part of me that's been like a wounded dog, like a wounded lion all over the place. Not right. I feel good at times, but when I'm running, I still feel it."

Patriots' Cam Newton says he played through shoulder injuries for years 'like a wounded dog'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes