PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB loves him some Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam’s go-to schtick: “I don’t make excuses! I didn’t even make an excuse that time when…”
In the NFL, there are players that discuss their injuries. Ben always did this. Hey Ben how are you, well I have a hurt hand, my knee is messed up, and my toe but I played anyway. Team says, you didnt have a hurt Toe....yes I did...anyway you get the drift. Thats why I always liked Brady, you had to break his arms off to get him to talk about an injury, he just wouldnt. He had 7 surgeries in his career and only one of them, we even knew what happened. Most of the time he just played through it and you never heard about it. He would often say, everyone is hurt when asked. Nobody knew he had any knee issues last year then in the offseason he is having surgery.

I still can’t believe Cam is back. He’s the worst passing starting QB in the NFL. I was so thrilled when the season ended and I thought we were done with him. I will root for him to win, hell I’d be thrilled to see him have a great season and get us to the playoffs. I just don’t see it.

Here is another question, what if Mac Jones was a product of the superstars around him at Alabama and has no business QBing a NFL team?

At least Cam has done it at an MVP level before. I have high hopes for Cam. If he does suck, it is not because they did not give him enough weapons. IF you think about the Pats roster, it is geared more towards Cam than Jones. TE heavy with a ton of RBs. The Pats could be a very dominant run offense. If you have to account for Aguliar on the outside, the two TEs, Harris and Michel, and then Cam running, that is alot of weapons.

More and more NFL defense are going to faster smaller guys, the solution, is bigger stronger running game. The Bucs Devon White is 6' 230, Cam is 6' 5" 245. Cam could truck him! Look for the Pats to have a dominate running game, followed by Henry and Smith on seam passes and a healthy screen game. Back in 2018 San Diego upset the ratbirds using basically safties playing LB. What did the Pats do the next week? They ran the ball down their throats and scored on 5 of their first 6 possessions and the game was basically over by halftime.
I'll put good money on Mac not just being a product of the system. He did all the little things well, reading coverage, looking off receivers, even when his star players were out, he didn't slow down. He's going to be good

He only paid Cam one million dollars last year and had a second year player in Stidham who we all thought was our next QB and he never started him. The chances of Jones starting as a rookie are pretty much nil.
They were ready to roll with Stidham, the fact that Cam won the job was an indictment on his horrible Stidham was and not some plan to only start a veteran. You think BB would have started hoyer over Stid, if he thought the kid was ready at all

Stidham had a pretty solid rookie year from all reports. He impressed in camp and during the preseason. He obviously did not play because we had Brady. Last year due to Covid, there was no off-season but the Pats did not draft a QB so the consensus was that Stidham would be our starter. That was the belief until we signed Cam on June 28. It's possible that during the time of the draft until June 28, Stidham failed to show the staff enough that he would be the starter. And as bad as Cam played, Bill still thought Cam was better than the Stidham. The correlation is, Stidham was a second year player who never got a start after having a pretty solid rookie year. The chances of Jones being able to do enough to get a start this year with the complexity of our offense and Cam's veteran knowledge of the position means there is no chance we see Jones. Bill's bar for Cam is extremely high compared to rookie which is why right after we drafted Jones, he said Jones had a lot to learn and needed to compete with Stidham first before Cam. It is doubtful he even beats out Stid for the back-up given we are looking at another shortened off-season and Stidham being in his third year. So, it is Cam for this entire year unless he gets hurt.

Yeah, it was apparent at OTA and mini camp that Mac was behind Stid on the depth chart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back