PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB loves him some Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we giving mulligans? Do we then take away the win against the Cardinals, because that was played against an obviously hobbled Kyler Murray?
Because we have to make up scenarios in order to get him to mediocre.

If we give Cam a mulligan for the Denver game... he was 7-7.

The Patriots should be improved on defense and improved offensive weapons.

They should have an easier schedule this year.

The Patriots should be at least competitive for a wild card with Cam.
Weapons do not really matter if he cannot hit them. Our separation from 2019 to 2020 went from 28th to 13th yet our passing went from top 10 to 28th.

I don’t think Bill loves cam as much as he makes it out he does when talking about him.

He had an argument with Little Steven during the week...

You know that for sure?? Have heard rumors, but never have seen anything verified that I would believe.

well, duh...yup, coach Bill isn't going to change the QB if the team melts the playoffs

No reason to change the QB if they make the POs...But they better get off to a 6-2 start, because the other half of the schedule is a killer.

No I don't, though it wouldn't surprise me.

My guess is that no matter what has happened in the past 20 years, it would never satisfy you. If you do not know something why post it??

9 SB appearances and 6 SB's... compare that to any team post salary cap era.

I know posters have VERY strong opinions about the QBs on the roster. But I am genuinely curious to know what patsfans think is the "best we can hope for / ceiling" for each.

In other words, if everything were to work out for either/each of the 4 QBs in 2021, what would be their "ceiling comp" ?

Reactions: sb1
I know posters have VERY strong opinions about the QBs on the roster. But I am genuinely curious to know what patsfans think is the "best we can hope for / ceiling" for each.

In other words, if everything were to work out for either/each of the 4 QBs in 2021, what would be their "ceiling comp" ?

Interesting question. I'm not sure what the ceiling is for Cam. He's never having another season like his 2015 MVP year, so it's something more along the lines of a Game Manager Plus. Stat wise, with better red zone tight end targets, I see his total passing TD's going up but his rushing TD's going down. That's not a bad thing though because it makes the red zone offense less predictable, even if his stats don't change much. If he's the starter all 16 games though, we're a run first offense still.

For Mac, long term his upside is higher, but I think the absolutely peak he could reach in 2021 is 2008 Matt Cassel.

I would love to say that Stidham has decent upside but I'm just not seeing it. His ceiling in 2021 is he wins the third string job from Hoyer. Maybe he's the backup if Mac wins the job and Cam is moved, but that's it.

Hoyer is either here as an emergency #3/scout team QB, or he's getting one last kick at the TC can before moving on to something else. Any scenario in which we enter 2021 with him as the #2 QB means something else has gone very wrong.

I found this episode really interesting. It is 50 minutes long but in the first 15 minutes, Tim Jenkins breakdowns Cam and Mac and after that it’s more focused on Mac.

Last edited:
Ceilings going into 2021

Cam:
What he was in 2018. Not going to put up big numbers but is still starter for the whole season, plays well and gets himself another year with another team and more $

Mac
Brady in 2001. wins the job in camp, plays really well, takes the Pats back to the playoffs

Stidham
Matt Flynn?

Hoyer
Dunno

If Mac is the guy they hope he is I'm going to say in 2021 he could play like 2016 Dak Prescott.

With Cam I don't know how hurt/COVID affected he really was but I fear his ceiling is still almost underground in 2021.

My guess is that no matter what has happened in the past 20 years, it would never satisfy you. If you do not know something why post it??

Because it was reported as a possible reason, just like all the others?

9 SB appearances and 6 SB's... compare that to any team post salary cap era.

What does this have to do with anything?

I found this episode really interesting. It is 50 minutes long but in the first 15 minutes, Tim Jenkins breakdowns Cam and Mac and after that it’s more focused on Mac.

Who the hell is Tim Jenkins?

Who the hell is Tim Jenkins?

Thats what I was thinking..

Jenkins was rated the 58th best Quarterback in the 2013 NFL Draft by NFLDraftScout.com.[9]

St. Louis Rams[edit]​

On May 13, 2013, Jenkins was signed by the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent.[1][10][11] He was waived by the Rams on August 27, 2013.[12]

Calgary Stampeders[edit]​

On October 22, 2013 Jenkins was signed to the Calgary Stampeders practice squad.[13][14] He was waived by the Stampeders on October 31, 2013.[2]

His pro career is slightly better than mine, and thats about ti.

He owns a QB camp/instruction, that is where his knowledge supposedly comes from...

Because it was reported as a possible reason, just like all the others?

What does this have to do with anything?
I never thought there would be a worse coaching decision in sports history than the one by Grady Little in game 7... until Super Bowl LII. And Little got fired too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents