PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB Craps on Competition Committe and League Re: Touchbacks & Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Belichick has a preference for the way the rules committee does things then he should have joined the committee and taken part in the discussions. Complaining about the rules doesn't help, especially when it comes from a HC who has chosen not to take part in any of the process in decades.

The last thing the league office or the CC would ever do is listen to BB.

It's a colossal waste of his time.

The last thing the league office or the CC would ever do is listen to BB.

It's a colossal waste of his time.

I don't know if BB has ever tried to get on any committee or even join the coaches association. Wouldn't it help the Pats if he pulled a Shula/Harbawl and tried to make changes to help his team? He has the seniority.

I don't know if BB has ever tried to get on any committee or even join the coaches association. Wouldn't it help the Pats if he pulled a Shula/Harbawl and tried to make changes to help his team? He has the seniority.

Thought I read somewhere Kraft encouraged BB to join but BB said it takes away from his focus on the team.

He does sit in during expanded sessions and makes his opinions known (see bake sale comments)

It's a political snake pit with hacks like McKay and Jeff Fisher talking down to folks.

I really think [no evidence] that those kicks messed with ghosts kicking motion.

I think it was clearly established that his motion was off by that former kicker who blogged the vids with analysis (someone posted url on patsfans), but you are correct that no one established a certain relationship between the two. His bad mechanics for a while and short kickoffs may have no affiliation.

However, a week or two after that blog, the pats kicked a much higher proportion of touchbacks and have continued so. They also have put him on the correct hash mark more often. That could have been game planning (dangerous returners) or injury issues (gunners hurt), but it could be they thought stopping the one might help him fix the other. Without coaches saying ???

The extra point (the previous form) and now the kick off has become a pointless play. I think BB said in the past they might it as well take the kickoff out. And I agree
It's true. If you are really trying to limit injuries, then just place the ball on the 25 at the start of each drive at the beginning of a half or after a score. On the other hand, I don't think the Pats have been hurt by the new rule (Cyrus Jones notwithstanding). Most of the time our explosive O gets to start 5 yards further up the field than we used to, and we have a good kicker who can kick it just short of the EZ (or through the EZ when the coaches want him to), making the other team have to, or at least think about, running it out. Most of the time such a returner is tackled short of the 25 by our good special teams.

Edit - I guess I did not think about Ghost's problems earlier in the season and whether he was thrown off by this new rule.

BB is hilarious. Too bad so many people are jealous, cause they are really missing out.

Isn't that the truth.

Tommy!!!...you lost or something? what are you doing in a REAL forum? Happy New Year, lifer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back