PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baby, it's (going to be) cold outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, you’re not a Baby?

A snowflake :D

Yeah you can beat up one or two of them, but a few million and you lose a whole Christmas song... or, traffic gets effed up, depending

Single digit temps wkend blizzard possible yeah F that I’ll watch the game from home. Kc was the worst away game experience I had in my life a few years back anyway.

Single digit temps wkend blizzard possible yeah F that I’ll watch the game from home. Kc was the worst away game experience I had in my life a few years back anyway.
What was so bad about it? Fans, weather, ...?

What was so bad about it? Fans, weather, ...?

Fans were horrible. That’s what happens when it’s a Primetime game and fans spend all day pregaming in the parking lot.

What about that brutally MNF game against Denver some years ago, when BB elected to kick to Denver in OT? How cold was that game?

i was at that game. Official temperature was upper single digits, I believe. But the windchill was well into the negative 20's. Brutal. But worth it.

i was at that game. Official temperature was upper single digits, I believe. But the windchill was well into the negative 20's. Brutal. But worth it.
Didn't Welker? fumble that OT kickoff?

Imagine trying to throw a football, say, 40 yards in 50 degrees. Then imagine trying to throw a rock those same 40 degrees with hands that have no feeling . . .

If only Alshon Jeffery is on our team. :cool:

I was also at that game. We prepared for it, but it was still very, very cold. It also didn't help that the Patriots got their butts kicked for the entire first half. The comeback was still fun, though. I took my phone out to take pictures at the beginning of the game and it shut itself down after a minute. It wouldn't restart until we got back indoors. The guys sitting next to us apparently was drinking fast enough because the top of his beer froze. I remember watching a guy walk down the stadium steps with a full beer, spilling it as he went and he wasn't wearing any gloves. He may not have realized it at the time, but he had to be hurting.

@fourhour, I had to look it up, but it was Tony Carter who muffed a punt for Denver in OT to set up the winning FG for NE.

I was also at that game. We prepared for it, but it was still very, very cold. It also didn't help that the Patriots got their butts kicked for the entire first half. The comeback was still fun, though. I took my phone out to take pictures at the beginning of the game and it shut itself down after a minute. It wouldn't restart until we got back indoors. The guys sitting next to us apparently was drinking fast enough because the top of his beer froze. I remember watching a guy walk down the stadium steps with a full beer, spilling it as he went and he wasn't wearing any gloves. He may not have realized it at the time, but he had to be hurting.

@fourhour, I had to look it up, but it was Tony Carter who muffed a punt for Denver in OT to set up the winning FG for NE.
Thanks for the answer. Something made me think it was Welker, but he may have been still with NE then.

Co-worker went to the game, way up in the nosebleed. SIL went yesterday, nosebleed in the corner left of the Pats bench! Brrrrrr.....

I was at the Jets game last year on New Years eve. It was like 3 degrees. I was toasty warm in my ski gear.

Though the bathrooms were full people people trying to stay warm.

Thanks for the answer. Something made me think it was Welker, but he may have been still with NE then.

Co-worker went to the game, way up in the nosebleed. SIL went yesterday, nosebleed in the corner left of the Pats bench! Brrrrrr.....

Welker was back for the punt, but the ball hit Carter and was recovered by Pats.

It was euphoric. Probably the only thing that could have offset the arctic shrinkage.

Today will seem like a sauna compared to KC this Sunday. Current forecast is for a low of 3 degrees the night before the game. Sunday itself will warm up all the way to 16 before cooling down to 12 for kickoff.

The way-too-early forecast has the weatherfolks watching a potential storm for the weekend, probably the early part of the weekend though. A lot is still up in the air (pun intended), but there is precipitation headed for KC late next week and it will sure be chilly.

The colder the better.........the crowd noise levels aren't as high when everyone is wearing gloves.

Welker was back for the punt, but the ball hit Carter and was recovered by Pats.

It was euphoric. Probably the only thing that could have offset the arctic shrinkage.

Right, and I think the blame still fell on Welker because he gave a very late 'get out of the way' call.

The colder the better.........the crowd noise levels aren't as high when everyone is wearing gloves.
And if it's single-digit cold, yelling is difficult.

If the temperature is in the single-digits, the 'noise advantage' at Arrowhead will be neutralized.

I’m hoping that this will be true. It is a physiologic fact that frigid cold air induces more “bronchospasm” (partial closure of the main airway and its branches). This makes it harder to take a deep breath. Also, screaming in near 0° temperature also greatly accelerates hoarseness and laryngitis. I remember that 2003 Foxboro playoff game well. The cold was just brutal. I tried to cheer as much and as loudly as possible but found myself preoccupied by the cold. I’ve never been to Arrowhead but I’m sure they have plenty of club seats with indoor viewing areas. Let’s hope that most of those folks will be inside in 70° comfort. There will also not be any sun to help with warmth.

Probably wishful thinking every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case