PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baby, it's (going to be) cold outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of 4:00am EST Wed, the projection is for temps around 15f for the entire game, with no wind.

Per Intellicast at 8 am Wed Game time temps ~17, with a windhcill ~9.
Cold but not crazy, we will se how much crowd noise effected. Forecast changing
a lot perhaps where the cold is gona hit shifting East a bit?

Gonna be colder in RI on Monday than KC on Sunday.

8581290-6596673-image-a-11_1547605765782.jpg

Ate tacos last night for Taco Tuesday and there was some tropical wind/air blowing through my home.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
After watching some clips from other historical cold games.......

2004 AFC Championship NE at PIT
2003 AFC Divisional TEN at NE
2007 NFC Championship NYG at GB
and a recent Wild Card game between SEA at MIN

The more I see the more I think we may be overplaying the 'cold factor'. If we were playing a dome or warm weather team I might buy into it more, but even Tennessee was one Bennett drop from tying or winning the '03 divisional game at New England. As cold as the game was, I don't think it hindered the football product on the field in nearly the same way that an extreme wind, heavy rain, or heavy snow would. of course, I won't be on the field so it's easy for me to say that.

After watching some clips from other historical cold games.......

2004 AFC Championship NE at PIT
2003 AFC Divisional TEN at NE
2007 NFC Championship NYG at GB
and a recent Wild Card game between SEA at MIN

The more I see the more I think we may be overplaying the 'cold factor'. If we were playing a dome or warm weather team I might buy into it more, but even Tennessee was one Bennett drop from tying or winning the '03 divisional game at New England. As cold as the game was, I don't think it hindered the football product on the field in nearly the same way that an extreme wind, heavy rain, or heavy snow would. of course, I won't be on the field so it's easy for me to say that.

I think what we are hoping is that at the very least it will hinder the fans who are potentially a big factor in this game.

It’s imperative to score first and take the crowd out early.

True, but more important to play a full 60 minutes and keep your foot on the gas. KC has stretches where the offense does nothing. See the Colts game for recent example.

i think theres a component to weather we haven't talked about, the coaches

do the KC coaches have experience playing in cold? the preparation to handle the cold before the game may be even more important than handling the cold in actual game

Reid coached in philly for a time so at least to an extent i imagine he does, even if the other coaches dont

our coaches obv have been handling cold games for a long, long time

i think theres a component to weather we haven't talked about, the coaches

do the KC coaches have experience playing in cold? the preparation to handle the cold before the game may be even more important than handling the cold in actual game

Reid coached in philly for a time so at least to an extent i imagine he does, even if the other coaches dont

our coaches obv have been handling cold games for a long, long time
Reid coached cold games in Philly and was an assistant in Green Bay. KC is also no stranger to sub 10 degree weather in winter

Reid has seen everything (except winning a Superbowl as a HC), and is very good at getting his team prepared.

Forecast now for temps ~20 during game w 6 mph winds. Unless the forecast changes I don’t think the weather will be a factor.

Zack Cox‏Verified account @ZackCoxNESN 2m2 minutes ago
Zack Cox Retweeted Ryan Maue

We could be looking at one of the coldest games in Patriots history this Sunday.

Current coldest, per @pfref, is a 1989 game in Pittsburgh. Kickoff temp for that one was 3 degrees. Coldest in the Belichick era was the '03 div. round game vs. TEN (4 degrees).

Still remember seeing the Linemen exhaling in that one against Tennessee Brrrrrrr Brrrrrrrr Brrrrrr in my well heated living room.

They keep raising the forecast. At this rate, we will be seeing the players in shorts and t-shirts..... :(:(

Still remember seeing the Linemen exhaling in that one against Tennessee Brrrrrrr Brrrrrrrr Brrrrrr in my well heated living room.
Bah. I was there in the stadium and stood the whole game.

There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.
IDK. That was the game where the chili froze before you could get it from your bowl to your mouth, and my husband lit his mittens on fire by holding them too close to the portable fire pit. Good times.

I think on Sunday if we score early and often (like last week), the crowd can be "frozen" out. Our boys will have to hold on through the initial barrage though.

I remember the TN players had this superstition of playing in the same uniform all year so they didn’t dress any different for that game than they did their first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back