PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Atlanta Mayor to have Biggest Parade Ever for Falcons if they win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonable comment, but there is some history here. Most people here don't take it as a "slight," but rather as incredibly dumb.

In 2002, Bill Cowher famously gave his Steelers players a day off before the AFC Championship game to make preparations for their family and friends to go to the SB. BB used it as motivation in the week leading up to the game. Pats eventually won their first SB.

In 2005, the Philadelphia mayor infamously announced the parade route for the Eagles SB celebration. BB posted the parade route on the locker room bulletin board. Pats won their third.

Since then, other coaches and mayors (in New York and in Seattle) have been smart enough to keep quiet about stuff like that. While Dan Quinn definitely "gets it" (you don't poke the bear in his cage), it looks like Atlanta's mayor didn't get the memo.

PS: do you know if a copy of the Parade Route has been published? I know folks would love to send it to Foxboro. Thanks.
didn't know those things. It'll probably be on the route that's gonna **** up traffic the most. That's typical for atlanta

Atlanta is such a **** hole, even the Braves are leaving town.

There's not a lot to celebrate for Atlanta as far as championships go. The Braves won a World Series and a ton of division banners, but that's about it.

I heard about a top 30 Atlanta greatest sports moment list and had to take a look. Slideshow, which sucks, but for those interested, below. #1 is the Braves win. #2 is Hank Aaron passing Babe Ruth. #3 is the Falcons making the Super Bowl in 1998.

30 Greatest Moments in Atlanta Sports History

So they seriously will have the most ridiculous parade if they win.

And we are pretty spoiled by success, and mock the whole parade route thing. But we've been so lucky to win so many times, we know what to do. It's easy to forget how overwhelming and exciting this can be for the rest of the league. It's a failure of a season if we don't win, but for many other franchises, these 2 weeks are like a dream.

And they should dream big and enjoy this moment. Atlanta was here in 1998, and it's been almost 2 decades before they came back. This isn't to make fun of Atlanta, most franchises go through similar. They should be excited.

I hear Atlanta is great, though haven't been there in years. I think this story is a non factor, though Belichick may make it a factor ;)

Atlanta is not a bad city. Getting around can be tough since every street is "Peachtree" something or other, and the traffic sucks even worse than Boston, but once you're there it's ok.

When he said: "We're moving on to Atlanta", THAT was scary.

History might repeat itself.

A few weeks later, when Lincoln was asked about him, he replied "No one works harder than Sherman".

How big was Sherman's march?

Save that to adapt in case TFB (or Blount Force for that matter) goes apesh1t against their porous D...

"The last guy that burned Atlanta this bad was Sherman"

If the Falcons win they have a right to have any kind of parade they can afford ...

A few weeks later, when Lincoln was asked about him, he replied "No one works harder than Sherman".

"Yea we liked him coming out of West Point"., Commented Belichick on William Tecumseh Sherman . "He really set the conference on fire last year. He blazed a trail for all the players up there. He just got on one of those hot streaks you can only dream about. He just has this passion for the game that burns inside him. ".

Best parade in Atlanta is DragonCon...and man, it's awesome!

I think Quinn would have preferred that the mayor keep his comments to himself and I hope that Belichick finds a way to use it as a motivational tool, but this is pretty minor stuff in my opinion.

I think Quinn would have preferred that the mayor keep his comments to himself and I hope that Belichick finds a way to use it as a motivational tool, but this is pretty minor stuff in my opinion.
Getting upset that another city is planning the parade before the game is so 2002. I think these days, everyone knows that each city does it.

When he said: "We're moving on to Atlanta", THAT was scary.

History might repeat itself.
I doubt that people whose families have lived in Georgia since the middle of the 19th century find a whole lot funny about Sherman's March. Warfare "was what it was" 160 or so years ago and I'm not judging anything by today's standards, but we probably shouldn't be bringing it up in casual terms.

How is that trash talking lol. We've never won the biggest game in the biggest sport so the biggest parade if we win is warranted. Agree he should have kept his mouth shut but I don't see that as slighting y'all
I'd agree with that. He should keep his mouth shut, but it's not a "slight." It is however the kind of overconfidence that Belichick and Brady use to fuel their competitive fires, to the extent that they need any fueling.

Oh no, do these people not learn anything? History is now destined to repeat itself! Go Patriots!!

Getting upset that another city is planning the parade before the game is so 2002. I think these days, everyone knows that each city does it.

Kind of like painting your field for the World Series before winning the ALCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes