PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aqib Talib’s top FA Destination is the Patriots - Update Traded to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still salty at how Talib went into ironman mode in Denver while a minor hip injury kept him out of 2013 AFCCG. I'd prefer Sherman instead.

Talib is,and has been, a superior cb to Sherman for a few years.
Sherman now coming off an Achilles: no thanks. I've always liked him but don't expect much outta him at this point.

He had just his second best year of his career last year. In 2015/16 he had one of the highest graded years from a CB since PFF started grading players. its pretty hard to follow that up, or better it.

The dude is still a baller

Last edited:
Talib wants to be a free agent so he can get paid. We might be his preference but will we pay him more than someone else.

He'd be a nice replacement for Butler though.
If he gets traded and doesn’t agree to a restructure, won’t he be making around 11-12M this year? I doubt if he hits FA he gets paid that much.

If he gets traded and doesn’t agree to a restructure, won’t he be making around 11-12M this year? I doubt if he hits FA he gets paid that much.
His signing bonus could be.

Why not? Give him a shot........if he still has legs.....

Yeah, his cap hit would be $11 million. They're probably going to have to cut him (it only results in $1m in dead money), but who knows. I don't think the Patriots could afford to trade for him, but they just tried to get Michael Bennett so anything is possible.

Why not? Give him a shot........if he still has legs.....

I think the worst case scenario is Talib (which is still great IMO) and the best case is Sherman. I would love to get Sherman to replace Butler and also sign Talib to play safety (or vice versa). Can you imagine a secondary with Gilmore- Sherman-Talib-McCourty?

Why does Talib have a say in a trade? He’s signed for two years at a good value (he is coming off a good year?).

Why does Talib have a say in a trade? He’s signed for two years at a good value (he is coming off a good year?).

He doesn’t. He wants denver to release him so he can sign with us. However, I could see Elway not wanting to help us and trade him to another team. Problem is they might not have a choice given Talib’s cap number.

He doesn’t. He wants denver to release him so he can sign with us. However, I could see Elway not wanting to help us and trade him to another team. Problem is they might not have a choice given Talib’s cap number.
They apparently won’t send him to San Fran because he complained.

I think the worst case scenario is Talib (which is still great IMO) and the best case is Sherman. I would love to get Sherman to replace Butler and also sign Talib to play safety (or vice versa). Can you imagine a secondary with Gilmore- Sherman-Talib-McCourty?

Teams would be screwed. They’d have to run a lot

Talib's 32. We will see if he can still ball.

They apparently won’t send him to San Fran because he complained.

While players have no official leverage in such a situation, threatening to hold out or voicing your general unhappiness isn't a good way to start with a new team, so the new team may wind up backing off so they don't have to deal with the repercussions. Sometimes it can be overcome like Richard Seymour in Oakland, but in most of those instances it requires a new bigger contract.

Since we are in fantasy land how about we add Watt, Donald and Clowney as well. Can you imagine how amazing this would be ? Like O M G..

**** him, just like he ****ed us in the 2012 AFCC.

Teams would be screwed. They’d have to run a lot

Unless Richards and/or Roberts is on the field. If that's the case, you just throw right at them. Guaranteed yardage.

**** him, just like he ****ed us in the 2012 AFCC.

Eh, I wasn't happy with him as much as everyone here, but that was a case where the Ravennes just exposed the middle of the field between the numbers and specifically isolated the LBs. In what has been a familiar case in postseason losses, the Pats didn't have the athleticism there to match up. A few months later, they drafted Jamie Collins in response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes