PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady and Gronk are going to destroy this team.

Then add Godwin and Evans and AB.
Ya, sadly I agree. Our offense has no chance of sticking with the Bucs. I expect our D to hang tough for a half, but there's no way we're able to hold them to less than 30, and I don't think Mac & Co. will be ready to keep up with the aerial pace needed to win. Although, depending what we see this week, it's not like the Bucs have played anyone real yet either. The Falcons are a disaster, and the Cowboys are way overrated as usual. The only chance we have is to dominate the LOS - pressure Brady consistently and have our RB's control the game.

Ya, sadly I agree. Our offense has no chance of sticking with the Bucs. I expect our D to hang tough for a half, but there's no way we're able to hold them to less than 30, and I don't think Mac & Co. will be ready to keep up with the aerial pace needed to win. Although, depending what we see this week, it's not like the Bucs have played anyone real yet either. The Falcons are a disaster, and the Cowboys are way overrated as usual. The only chance we have is to dominate the LOS - pressure Brady consistently and have our RB's control the game.
The Cowboys are a good team.
Bucs are at Rams next.

We have had Fins and Jete. Bottom of the barrel. I think we will know more after Saints game.

Tom put up a record performance in that game. 500 yards passing. 630 yards of offense. That loss is not on Tom or the offense.

Yes, but my point is that regardless of whether Butler played or not, the game was in Brady's hands with 2:08 left in the 4th quarter. That has traditionally been Brady time.

Tom Brady Sr. at it again...

Tom Brady Sr. joined NBC Sports Boston's Tom E. Curran on The Patriots Talk podcast this week and he was asked if the Buccaneers winning the Super Bowl last year made made him feel vindication for his son "Damn right," he said. "Damn right. Belichick wanted him out the door and last year he threw 56 touchdowns. I think that's a pretty good year."

Curran then asked if Brady feels the same way?
"Damn right," Brady Sr. said
Well then.
Brady Sr. also discussed what it will be like for his son to return to the place where he played for 20 years.
"Tommy is extraordinarily appreciative of everything that happened during his New England career, and he's more than happy that he's moved on because it was pretty obvious that the Patriot regime felt that it was time for him to move on," Brady Sr. said. "And frankly, it may well have been perfect for Belichick to move on from him. On the other hand, I think the Tampa Bay Bucs are pretty happy that the decision was made in Foxboro that they didn't want to afford him or didn't want to keep him when his last contract came up."
The New England area is still a special place for the family.
"That was our home for 20 years," Brady Sr. said. "The fans embraced Tommy, the city embraced Tommy and the team embraced Tommy for a while. And so, when he comes home it's gonna be a real treat that he spent 20 years making his mark in Boston. We owe a lot to the Patriots and a lot to Boston.
"Like every phase in life, things move on. Our kids get older, our kids move on. They move out of the house, they go elsewhere. And that's kind of what it's like for Tommy right now where he's moved elsewhere and wherever he is, we support our kids, and Tommy's no different than the rest of us."
This feels like only the beginning of the chatter about how things ended between Brady and the organization.

Last edited:
Stop calling your 43 year old grown son "Tommy". God, they're so weird. There's something off about that family.

It's literally a daily Brady based interview. Daily! Insufferable.

Hopefully, this puts to bed the idea Brady left on his own accord. Even Kraft realized Brady's antics and selfishness went too far. When would the need for constant attention and butt kissing ever end if they did resign him? He was not given the contract he wanted "until 45". It's been more than obvious since the day Belichick drafted JimmyG and worked daily with him right in front of Brady. Brady felt he deserved better, but 5 postseasons of poor game management and subpar performances with ALl Star weaponry all around him....Enough was enough. My guess is, Brady just thought he was above putting the work in with younger/newer WRs and he just wanted to roll out of bed with an All Star team so his stats looked great like he did last year. It all goes back to the stat chase because of Manning. He knew Manning couldn't catch him for the rings since he won 3 so early on.

Someone should have asked what good is "56 TDs" when your son throws 3 awful INTs in the title game or doesn't have to produce much in his last 2 SB wins, because those SBs were won by the Defense and RBs. Also, what good is it when you're dribbling out 14 points in a SB vs a bottom ranked defense.

Him even saying that proves Brady only cares about stats and people thinking it's all him (even though the facts show otherewise). It's just so strange to see someone super successful and wealthy, with his butt kissed for decades, need some kind of constant praise for his work. It's like Brady turned into some teenager and missed growing into a 40 something adult. I've never seen anything like this in watching 40 years of sports.

No wonder why BB couldn't wait to get rid of him, It's totally overbearing, probably bad for his mental health and other coaches on the team, and it's the behavior of a broken child who was abused. Totally bizarre.

Tom Brady Sr should be thanking the guy who drafted and developed his son into what he's become after no other NFL team wanted him.

Last edited:
@tomecurran talks with Tom Brady Sr. on the Patriots Talk Podcast about Tom’s return to New England, and how he feels about how his son’s departure went down

Stop calling your 43 year old grown son "Tommy". God, they're so weird.

It's literally a daily Brady based interview. Daily! Insufferable.
Are you able to sleep at night or does Brady haunt your dreams too like he does your waking life?

Completely diff scenario. He's going against the GOAT in the house he helped build infront of the world with the GOAT hc on his side. Fans may cheer Brady louder than they do Mac...

This is beyond anything he learned steam rolling lesser competition in Alabama in star studded roster.

I'm not doubting will/won't answer the bell but if he's able to "block the noise" and put in a good performance we should be happy because this isn't "just another game" ...even though it is.
I think it's a real reach to propose that there may be more Brady fans in the stands than Patriot fans. The Patriots represent New England, Brady doesn't.

I think it's a real reach to propose that there may be more Brady fans in the stands than Patriot fans. The Patriots represent New England, Brady doesn't.
I think it is 50/50. Many fans of the Pats are fans because of Brady.

Yes, but my point is that regardless of whether Butler played or not, the game was in Brady's hands with 2:08 left in the 4th quarter. That has traditionally been Brady time.
Not only that the Ds are always gassed at the end in a dome in a SB. That's why the team with the ball last in an offensive era, just walks right down the field with such ease. Whether they score a TD or just need a FG is another story. Doesn't matter which SB it is. That's what happens.

Brady's dropped pass, the fumble, if one of them doesn't occur, NE wins.

Meanwhile, Philly got a free 14 points on the other side. But, still Brady had the chance and he fumbled.

Last edited:
You are severely underestimating how many fans blame bill for Brady's departure.

I wonder how many boos BB will get if we are on the wrong end of an ass kicking.

You are severely underestimating how many fans blame bill for Brady's departure.
That's because the media never was honest when Brady himself let the team down in postseasons from 2007-2012. The finger pointing always occurred elsewhere. So, people believed it when they see it in print. Disinformation on the interwebs has been a real thing for years.

Curran, Reis, Perillo and all the rest are Brady Fanboys just like the very fans they conditioned to believe that somehow Brady was above reproach. Not once did anyone illustrate how much he underperformed.

You can't find one article that talks about how bad Brady played at times in those postseasons. We should be thrilled Belichick drafted Brady and then fixed the situation where Brady wasn't managing the offense very well for a long stretch of time. That "fix" was JimmyG's presence. Shredding crappy defenses or defenses that play zone was easy for Brady. A lot of QBs do that. It's an offensive league with rules slanted to the offense.

That's not the discussion. The discussion isn't stats vs crap Ds or zone Ds who suck. It's about not taking the cheese that a good D would give you because they knew you were addicted to chasing stats to satisfy the ego. They knew it.

IN Brady's mind, he's never done anything wrong or thrown a bad ball. Belichick a Football Life showed us a little window into that one.

Put yourself in Bill's shoes. You are dealing with a then 42-year-old quarterback (about to turn 43) who has no idea when he wants to quit playing football. Bill, who is unsure of the future at QB in NE, wants to go younger so that he can have a long-term solution. Wouldn't any rational person want to get a 22-23 year old to be the QB for the next 10-15 years? Playing beyond 42 years old at a high level is unprecedented. I think Brett Favre was the last QB to play well into his 40s. It's easy to point fingers at Bill when we are sitting behind a keyboard.

That's because the media never was honest when Brady himself let the team down in postseasons from 2007-2012. The finger pointing always occurred elsewhere. So, people believed it when they see it in print. Disinformation on the interwebs has been a real thing for years.

Curran, Reis, Perillo and all the rest are Brady Fanboys just like the very fans they conditioned to believe that somehow Brady was above reproach. Not once did anyone illustrate how much he underperformed.

You can't find one article that talks about how bad Brady played at times in those postseasons. We should be thrilled Belichick drafted Brady and then fixed the situation where Brady wasn't managing the offense very well for a long stretch of time. Shredding crappy defenses or defenses that play zone was easy for Brady.

That's not the discussion. It's not taking the cheese that a good D would give you because they knew you were addicted to chasing stats to satisfy the ego. They knew it.
1632269014294.png

Put yourself in Bill's shoes. You are dealing with a then 42-year-old quarterback (about to turn 43) who has no idea when he wants to quit playing football. Bill, who is unsure of the future at QB in NE, wants to go younger so that he can have a long-term solution. Wouldn't any rational person want to get a 22-23 year old to be the next QB? It's easy to point fingers at Bill when we are sitting behind a keyboard.
Maybe but Bill is notorious for wanting to work with vets.

Also Brady not knowing when to retire would be music to my ears if I'm an NFL HC. You spend your career looking for a true franchise player. I wouldn't be rushing Tom to retirement but I understand it's a lot more complicated than that.

I think it is 50/50. Many fans of the Pats are fans because of Brady.
Those are called bandwagon fans. Those are the fans we do not need and they're not really fans. Those are hangers on or people who want hitch their wagon to something popular so they can feel good about themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes