PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any other dual or multiple team fans in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tl;dr

xpac3gc0.gif

Not in the nfl no. There are teams I like more than the rest, such as the Jags and Bucs just because they are Florida teams. And any team playing against the teams that i hate, Jets, Steelers, Colts and Eagles. In college football however I like several teams, notre dame, florida state, florida and BC

Well stated (or "Smiley-ed").

I have no problem with this guy starting his own threads and writing the unintelligible tomes he seems to need to produce. I do have a problem if he infests other threads with the same drivel, but he seems to have learned to be careful about doing that, given the Mods propensity for hitting the old "Ban" button when people insist on doing so after a fair warning or two.

Folks who comment in one of his threads know that they are falling through the Looking Glass and know what they are getting into.

Brings back fond memories of college.

When there was an NFL and an AFL, I rooted for the Giants and Y.A. Tittle and the Patriots and Bo Parilli...when the leagues merged into one NFL, I dropped my fandom for the Giants and moved the entire family into Patriot Place. One league...one team....football is a war game...you mean to say you're gonna root for the US and the friggin' Nazis?

cmon-man-freaks-demotivational-poster-1265249080.jpg

I have no problem with this guy starting his own threads and writing the unintelligible tomes he seems to need to produce. I do have a problem if he infests other threads with the same drivel, but he seems to have learned to be careful about doing that, given the Mods propensity for hitting the old "Ban" button when people insist on doing so after a fair warning or two.

Folks who comment in one of his threads know that they are falling through the Looking Glass and know what they are getting into.

So what does it mean when you enter and troll it or belittle the OP for the sheer purpose of its length without even bother to read it? Do the mods ban you or are you exempt? Because your responses and a few of the others are the only ones anyone with a bit of sense would consider drivel.

I don't know what exactly it is you have an issue with, but it's pretty obvious you have something personal and at this point are guilty of doing something I can honestly say I don't condone nor participate in.

Most reasonable people ignore topics they are not interested in. Clearly I was wrong to have wasted my time even having a conversation with you before. I won't repeat that mistake.

Last edited:
Moved because, it seems that people aren't being nice.

Now as far as fans of multiple teams are concerned, I've always felt that those fans are not loyal to any team and don't respect them.

I do respect Jets fans because they keep getting nothing, so many times, and keep coming back for more. I don't like them, but I respect their loyalty.

When there was an NFL and an AFL, I rooted for the Giants and Y.A. Tittle and the Patriots and Bo Parilli...when the leagues merged into one NFL, I dropped my fandom for the Giants and moved the entire family into Patriot Place. One league...one team....football is a war game...you mean to say you're gonna root for the US and the friggin' Nazis?

cmon-man-freaks-demotivational-poster-1265249080.jpg

Well since the thread got moved because "people aren't being nice" instead of asking for people to be nice what the heck, I'll take on your political question.

Of course not. I'm already rooting for the bad guys and a Nazi coach and live almost in Fascist-like state and it sounds like you have the mantra down yourself. You might just not realize. I don't think it was all that bad either, and I want excellence, organization, perfection. Who's better at it and what would be the point? ;)

Frankly I wouldn't trade one propaganda machine or government for another. I'd rather have neither. Look around. Public speaking. Stifled. Minority. Stepped on and disrespected. Difference of opinion. Unprotected. I'm not sure I would equate any team with the Nazis, but if I had to, we certainly fit the image. Frankly I believe in the real world, I believe the "good guys" are simply the ones who win. They get to write history.

All I know is that that fascism could have been roughly defined as a corporate structure controlled by the government, under the pretense of racial loyalty. It sucks but at least you know who is responsible and who you need to take down and kill when things go bad.

On the other hand what's a government controlled by corporations posing as capitalism? And who do you go after? Number crunchers? Wall Street? Some poor souls were brave enough to try it just last year. How many of the protesters got arrested? How many got shot with stun guns by Police? Does anyone know or even care? Go out and protest and see what happens.

Personally if I had to choose, and we still had a choice, from the little I looked into it, I'd take the Swiss government. It appears to be the closest thing to what we say we are, but aren't, and I think voting still works. The whole purpose of the USA was small government. Transparent.

Since it's not, and because of how things turned out, your dilemma doesn't really matter to me. We have a saying. Don't trade the devil you know for the devil you don't know. If you have never lived somewhere else, I can assure you, you have no idea just how little freedom there is in the USA today. But since I don't know what the alternative would be, I'm in no hurry to root for any drastic changes.

All I know is only need to post one thread in a football forum to see just how ruthless, brainwashed, and closed minded most people have become. You get attacked for every little thing that's against the norm. Frankly I don't see the difference. I know the Nazis didn't speak out against the government out of fear. Very few defended it blindly, ignorantly and arrogantly. The Nazis knew what they were doing was bad and some of them wanted to get rid of Hitler as bad as the rest of the world. The American government has been doing the same thing for years but they managed to brainwash the nation into thinking IT'S GOOD. The rest simply don't care at all and just follow along with whatever it is it's being fed to them.

That's 100x more dangerous if you ask me and it carries through into the mentality of society, especially when it comes to free speech, public opinion. It's completely censored, and completely accepted, and a far cry from the ideology of what once may have been. Individualism and individual thought is now looked down upon and the common man has been brainwashed significantly.

Honestly I wouldn't trade anything for the perspective I have gained in my life thanks to being a dual-citizen. It made me realize the importance of never becoming too loyal to anything and never buying what's being sold as good for you. It may not have lasted long and I was pretty young, but in the couple of years after Communism "went down", at least temporarily, I got a taste of what freedom is supposed to be like. I know what freedom of protest feels like and why its important. I took part of it, even though I had little clue what the hell people were shouting, and most probably didn't know either. But you could feel it. A huge weight that lifts off your shoulders. Thanks to that experience, I am also easily able to detect, when you're no longer free. I can sense when the weight get heavier and heavier, and today I'd say it's heavier than ever.

Same goes for the great USA government, football and being a dual fan. The advantages far outweigh the negatives, imo. Pointing out things like patsfan who's accusing others of what they're actually guilty of but have enough pull to influence authority is no different than how some communist party members acted. It's just irrational fear of that which they don't understand.

And it's always worth speaking out against. Principles are far more important than false ideologies. More important than incredibly dangerous characteristics like loyalty which can often do as much, if not more damage, than good.

Last edited:
So what does it mean when you enter and troll it or belittle the OP for the sheer purpose of its length without even bother to read it? Do the mods ban you or are you exempt? Because your responses and a few of the others are the only ones anyone with a bit of sense would consider drivel.

I don't know what exactly it is you have an issue with, but it's pretty obvious you have something personal and at this point are guilty of doing something I can honestly say I don't condone nor participate in.

Most reasonable people ignore topics they are not interested in. Clearly I was wrong to have wasted my time even having a conversation with you before. I won't repeat that mistake.

Two quick points and I, too, will not repeat the mistake of engaging you, even though I sincerely tried to give you friendly advice.

1) I've been on this Board for over six years and have had nothing but harmonious relations with other posters and the moderators, including when other posters and I disagree on a topic. You've been here less than two months and have succeeded in getting a pretty bad reputation, not to mention three threads that I can count moved off the main forum in about ten days. The fault, dear PSeven, is not in your stars but in yourself.

2) I've also been on this Board long enough to know that there are posters who have "issues" and bring them into play to poison the board for others, usually under the disguise of "debate;" as a result there are more than a few of us who "know this movie when we see it" and get involved when we see it happening. I think we see it happening.

Two quick points and I, too, will not repeat the mistake of engaging you, even though I sincerely tried to give you friendly advice.

1) I've been on this Board for over six years and have had nothing but harmonious relations with other posters and the moderators, including when other posters and I disagree on a topic. You've been here less than two months and have succeeded in getting a pretty bad reputation, not to mention three threads that I can count moved off the main forum in about ten days. The fault, dear PSeven, is not in your stars but in yourself.

2) I've also been on this Board long enough to know that there are posters who have "issues" and bring them into play to poison the board for others, usually under the disguise of "debate;" as a result there are more than a few of us who "know this movie when we see it" and get involved when we see it happening. I think we see it happening.

Yes and the sad part is you believe that entitles you to special treatment or that your opinion counts more or that it gives you the right to talk down to people. I see what's going on too and it's pretty obvious you set out on a personal vendetta, seeked out my post, didn't really read it, and then proceeded to belittle it and continue a smear campaign based on a couple of responses.

Didn't even pay attention. Probably didn't notice all the other responses that that "spout the same drivel'. Just like last time when you went on complaining about me not responding to you even though I had a week pior.

You have choice. Don't read. But as long as you continue doing what you do, your 6 years here frankly doesn't give you the right. There are plenty of people who are dual fans in football. There are plenty of people who like what I have to say, and your opinion of whether or not I have a bad reputation or your judgement of me, is your opinion. You could have been here for 1000 years and it wouldn't change that fact. Nor would it change the fact it holds any more real value than a person who's been here 5 minutes. It has more influence, but it doesn't mean it's any better. And it certainly isn't going to give you the right to talk down to me, and the fear of being banned from a football forum isn't enough to not say something about it.

And just for the record....

People who didn't like it and mostly responded to poke fun.
offthegrid
tunescribe
convertedpatsfan
Jackson 2
thecomeback
Deus Irae
Steve DeOssie?
Steve1iron
crew1954
Joker

members who took the time to respond intelligently and at least appeared to like the validity of the thread.
patsfaninpa
Palm Beach Pats Fan
Nikolai
alphilip77
Dragda
Smokeeye123
ayjackson
Immaculate12
Onedaful
Snake Eyes
Joey007
Leemo

And one moderator who posted an explanation.
PATSNUTme

I'd say that's pretty even and usually that's when the best discussions arise. But what you'll notice is the ones who had the least to say, and the least to add, posted the most replies. And naturally the more influential ones, drew out moderator support. But let's not talk facts...they're irrelevant and we both know by now you don't pay attention to detail. Not to mention, I'm sure your opinion overrides all of this.

Last edited:
Yes and the sad part is you believe that entitles you to special treatment or that your opinion counts more or that it gives you the right to talk down to people. I see what's going on too and it's pretty obvious you set out on a personal vendetta, seeked out my post, didn't really read it, and then proceeded to belittle it and continue a smear campaign based on a couple of responses.

I'd say that's pretty even and usually that's when the best discussions arise. But what you'll notice is the ones who had the least to say, and the least to add, posted the most replies. And naturally the more influential ones, drew out moderator support. But let's not talk facts...they're irrelevant and we both know by now you don't pay attention to detail. Not to mention, I'm sure your opinion overrides all of this.

You are correct; being around here for six years and building a solid reputation doesn't make my opinion more valuable than any one else's opinion, but it does give me, and many others like me, a stake in this board and the unique community that it is. Three threads moved off the main board in ten days suggests that you are on thin ice.

As I said, some of us have seen this movie before in people who have joined the board over the years.

I sincerely tried to give you some friendly advice and even offered a couple of constructive suggestions.

However, I will not comment in threads that you start on the supposition that people who engage you therein know what they are getting into. But, your comments in threads started by others are fair game.

You are correct; being around here for six years and building a solid reputation doesn't make my opinion more valuable than any one else's opinion, but it does give me, and many others like me, a stake in this board and the unique community that it is. Three threads moved off the main board in ten days suggests that you are on thin ice.

As I said, some of us have seen this movie before in people who have joined the board over the years.

I sincerely tried to give you some friendly advice and even offered a couple of constructive suggestions.

However, I will not comment in threads that you start on the supposition that people who engage you therein know what they are getting into. But, your comments in threads started by others are fair game.

Though first thread could have been considered controversial, I never got an explanation from the moderators why it was moved, although one pm-ed and told me they liked the thread. And there's no way what just happened isn't considered favoritism. As far as I am concerned YOU are the main reason it was moved, not the thread topic. And judging by the moderators comments the warning seems to be targeted towards the behavior you are displaying.

And for the last time, I didn't come here to be belittled, labeled, threatened or talked down to by you. I'm a grown man, I didn't break any rules and have not been warned by anyone. And last time I checked the rest of the readers are grown adults too and can make up their own minds. They don't need any kind of advertisement from you in order to engage or read my threads. If you have been here for 6 years, you should be more responsible with how you use your influential stake.

This isn't sincere nor friendly, and it sounds more like a threat and a trolish comment. So thanks for your suggestion but if the way things are around here is a vet breaks the rules and trolls and the new guy gets punished for it, then I'll just take my opinion elsewhere.

No hard feelings.

PS: Oh I just noticed you took part in yet another one of my threads and contributed to its derailment. Just so you know, the post you replied to, wasn't addressing me. You simply assumed they were talking about me and decided to pile on. Now that I noticed it, I'll make sure not to post here again. It's ridiculous. And considering I'm being punished for your own ignorance, let me at least do the crime: get a ******* life.

Last edited:
Though first thread could have been considered controversial, I never got an explanation from the moderators why it was moved, although one pm-ed and told me they liked the thread. And there's no way what just happened isn't considered favoritism. As far as I am concerned YOU are the main reason it was moved, not the thread topic. And judging by the moderators comments the warning seems to be targeted towards the behavior you are displaying.

And for the last time, I didn't come here to be belittled, labeled, threatened or talked down to by you. I'm a grown man, I didn't break any rules and have not been warned by anyone. And last time I checked the rest of the readers are grown adults too and can make up their own minds. They don't need any kind of advertisement from you in order to engage or read my threads. If you have been here for 6 years, you should be more responsible with how you use your influential stake.

This isn't sincere nor friendly, and it sounds more like a threat and a trolish comment. So thanks for your suggestion but if the way things are around here is a vet breaks the rules and trolls and the new guy gets punished for it, then I'll just take my opinion elsewhere.

No hard feelings.

PS: Oh I just noticed you took part in yet another one of my threads and contributed to its derailment. Just so you know, the post you replied to, wasn't addressing me. You simply assumed they were talking about me and decided to pile on. Now that I noticed it, I'll make sure not to post here again. It's ridiculous. And considering I'm being punished for your own ignorance, let me at least do the crime: get a ******* life.

Good luck.

As I said, I won't post in any of your threads.

As for the rest, it's mainly delusional. I've been here six years, have a very good reputation and have never had a problem like this, so I'll just stand on that.

Otherwise, you stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. I'm done in this thread and any others you start.

(And, in all my openly stated criticisms of your posts, I have never cursed at you. In the interests of putting an end to this, I won't flag it. But don't push it any further.)

Last edited:
Good luck.

As I said, I won't post in any of your threads.

As for the rest, it's mainly delusional. I've been here six years, have a very good reputation and have never had a problem like this, so I'll just stand on that.

Otherwise, you stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. I'm done in this thread and any others you start.

(And, in all my openly stated criticisms of your posts, I have never cursed at you. In the interests of putting an end to this, I won't flag it. But don't push it any further.)

No you didn't curse. Your demeaning behavior and attempt to defame and using your influence to crap on other members work is quite a bit more insulting.

Don't worry. I'll flag it myself. I know when I break the rules. Who knows, maybe it will work for me too and you'll end up getting punished for it.

No you didn't curse. Your demeaning behavior and attempt to defame and using your influence to crap on other members work is quite a bit more insulting.

Don't worry. I'll flag it myself. I know when I break the rules. Who knows, maybe it will work for me too and you'll end up getting punished for it.

WOW, you made the Practice Squad again. Keep up the good work. :rocker:

O.K. Vlad... Don't try and impale/blame other people like Me or 74, WE Don't have any influence, we can't go behind the scenes and sabotage your threads, it doesn't work that way. Its ALL on You and what you post.

Last edited:
Oh really? Ok...

WOW, you made the Practice Squad again. Keep up the good work.

O.K. Vlad... Don't try and impale/blame other people like Me or 74, WE Don't have any influence, we can't go behind the scenes and sabotage your threads, it doesn't work that way. Its ALL on You and what you post.

Its also called (and theres not to much of it around these days) Integrity.

Yes that much is obvious...

I'm torn myself, i don't know which to post.

edvard-munch-the-scream-iii.jpg

OR

simpsons-the-scream-4900914_thumb.jpg

One thing im not confused about...why your wife left you. You talk To Much. :D

Cause theres no football, we have nothing better to do. Its a case of transference, i'm transfering my hate for the Jest, Plus i have Severe ADD :D

Or a consceince...

And No Conciseness :nono: :)

Clockwork Orange, ever hear the phrase don't bull**** a bul****ter? And most of these were on the first 2 pages.

Maybe if you add 50 more worthless replies you will somehow succeed in turning this into something as nice as it was originally intended to be. Veteran trolls. Gotta love them.

Let me add one to the collection:

3645211083_43ed00c6e5.jpg

Last edited:
Threads get sent here for various reasons. I can honestly say that I've never sent a theread here because of who started it.

But I feel that I was correct in sending this one here and the way it continues justifies being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back