PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any other dual or multiple team fans in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same typical questions you normally hear about it coming from outsiders. Like, why do they call it football if they're always using their hands?

The ball used to be twelve inches long (it's now 11.5 inches) which is one foot. It's a description of the ball, not what part of body part stikes it most.

Well, to answer the OPs question, I like the Seahawks as my NFC team. And to answer the question of who I would root for when the two teams play, I would just root for a competitive game that came down to the wire.

That's what I usually do as well. I feel I can't get as emotionally invested in either but it is nice to also be able to view the games from a more objective viewpoint.

The ball used to be twelve inches long (it's now 11.5 inches) which is one foot. It's a description of the ball, not what part of body part stikes it most.

Learn something new everyday. Thanks! But you can imagine why nobody would ever think of that. After all, we used meters.;)

My older sister encouraged me to become a Boston Patriots fan because they were the closest team. I haven't been able to shake that original team selection even during the lean years

My team is obviously the Patriots, but I enjoy watching other teams play, especially the Bengals. They have a franchise QB in Andy Dalton, a stud WR in AJ Green, and multiple high draft picks to rebuild a franchise that has suffered for decades.

I was born in 1970.

Started cheering for the Cowboys (on TV a lot) since I can remember (1974).

Introduced to the Broncos in 1978 Superbowl. As a seven year-old, the appeal of the "orange crush" defence was too much to resist.

Lived in Barrington, RI for a year when I was 9 and fell in love with the Pats.

Been a fan of all three ever since. I take a lot of heat, naturally. I came about it honestly and innocently as a child, so why should I apologize!!

Head to head games aren't much fun - usually have a strategic interest. Lately, I've been cheering for the Patriots in head-to-head matchups as they continue to build their legacy.

I'm a Bears and Pats fan. Grew up a Bears fan, but we never had anything even resembling a quarterback. As a big fan of quarterback play, I found solace in Tom Brady. He's been my favorite player ever since 2001, and thus I've been a Patriots fan.

Pats/Bears Super Bowl = Me cheering for whoever is on offense

Given the length of your post, I'm guessing the European country from which you emigrated is Russia.

Close. Romania, but yeah, we talk a lot and fast too, but we also have a football player as a Patriot. And so did the Panthers. I'm not disloyal, I'm quite loyal, to more than one person or one team:)

Go Mesko!
280px-Zoltan_Mesko_%28American_football%29.JPG

Dude's a beast.

Before you get on me for being a dual fan, realize this team is multinational and hires dual-citizens;) So in that case on the subject of loyalty, I'd like to thank you Mesko for contributing to making the Patriots the #2 special teams in the league, even though no one notices you.

And if you want more proof that everyone on that Patriots team are cerebral:
During the 2011 NFL Lockout, Mesko, a finance and marketing major in college, interned as a private equity analyst with Graham Partners in Philadelphia.[110] Mesko also serves as the Patriot's holder.

That's the kicker! And the type of character they shoot for:
Although Mesko's high school required 40 hours of community service, he performed over 300 hours

And the type of athletes they like:
In 2010, Mesko finished his rookie season with a gross average of 43.2 yards, and net average of 38.4 yards, the highest net average for a rookie in NFL history.

He holds the career and single-season records for punts and punting yards at Michigan.

As a high school senior, Mesko once punted a ball 70 yards in the air

And he went to Michigan like Brady. How's that for loyalty? See? Dual people aren't all that bad:D

But yeah, I think I'll always appreciate with achievement, excellence and practicality more than loyalty. After all how can you blame me? We lived in Communism, which isn't that much fun, and preached it from the day you were born. Then the USA hired our best gymnastics coach, our best gymnast moved here, now the Patriots are taking our best kickers. And Bill Belichick uses the same type of football coaching style you would normally seen under communism regimes. There's a reason I love Belichick's coaching style. I'm familiar with it. Bella Karoli used to make those little chicks cry. Even got sued over it.

Several of Károlyi's athletes from the six-pack era were critical of his training methods. Some of his former athletes, including Kristie Phillips and Erica Stokes, have stated publicly that Károlyi was verbally and psychologically abusive during workouts

Sound familiar? They wanted to know what it takes to win and be perfect. Well....that's what it takes. Sacrifice. Consistency. The USA finally won the Gold medal didn't they? And now Romanian gymnastics suck. And I had to watch my favorite coach, coach the USA against my home country just like watching the Panthers versus the Patriots. That sucks!

So as far as loyalty and code of honor goes. I have a lot of it. But sometimes it's just hard to pick sides, and it also depends what, not just who you honor, as well as your perspective of things. And you certainly don't want to give your code of honor to just anyone, especially in 2012, especially in the USA, and especially in the NFL. And as I found out, especially to some women but that's another story.

And just in case Mesko' dealing with these types of attacks, I wanna give him a shout out and let him know I got his back, am a big fan and very proud of his accomplishments. Unless you start sucking. You know how it is;)

PS: Please don't ever follow in Vinnie's footsteps and that goes for both, getting suspended, or playing for the Lions. Stay out of Detroit!!!

Last edited:
Steve DeOssie?

I would rather sit down to watch an entire GAME with the most obnoxious but LOYAL fan of the Jets, Giants, Colts, Steelers, or Fish...then watch one set of DOWNS with a guy who claimed "dual" "loyalty." :mad:

Steve DeOssie?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For the WIN, Brother Crew!!! :D :rocker:

Your statement expresses ~ far better than I can, without getting suspended or BANNED ~ my level of "regard" for any "fan" who claims dual "loyalty!!" :rolleyes:

News Flash!! If you have dual "loyalty", then you have NO loyalty. :bricks:

At least certainly not an obvious objective. If you ever grew up on soccer, I can assure you, when you get your first glimpse of American football from the outside in, it looks completely ******ed.

Ever watch Rugby for the first time? This is exactly what I thought when I saw it but when I played it for 8 years it was the best sport I ever played. Still can't watch it though.

I've been a Pats fan since I was little growing up in a family of Pats fans so I only have love for one team.

Aside from the Pats I root for the Chiefs a bit due to my love of Matt Cassel. That said, I ALWAYS root for whatever team is playing against the NY Giants, Jets, Raiders, and Steelers.

The SWAT team just finished talking me off the ledge after I read this posting. I showed them the posting and then I had to talk the entire SWAT team off the ledge. :bricks:

Ever watch Rugby for the first time? This is exactly what I thought when I saw it but when I played it for 8 years it was the best sport I ever played. Still can't watch it though.

I've been a Pats fan since I was little growing up in a family of Pats fans so I only have love for one team.

Not many times, but you have to respect it especially since American football is an evolution of that and Rugby is still physical like football used to be. No pads:D

Not many people know but the forward pass, and the quarterback position, didn't get invented until 1906 because a whole bunch of people died while playing it and President Roosevelt was getting ready to outlaw it unless the league did something about it.

In fact one of the things that made football so great was the lack of tradition. In the late and early 1900's it evolved constantly. College teams would constantly add new rules, and parts to the game. Trying out different things like running the ball. Or throwing the ball. Some teams would decide the rules a week before they had to play and at other times they'd play two versions of it.

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For the WIN, Brother Crew!!! :D :rocker:

Your statement expresses ~ far better than I can, without getting suspended or BANNED ~ my level of "regard" for any "fan" who claims dual "loyalty!!" :rolleyes:

News Flash!! If you have dual "loyalty", then you have NO loyalty. :bricks:

I hope you never have more than one kid. And I hope you never have to move. Or worse, let it not even be your choice. For your sake.

Last edited:
I have always been primarily a Pats fan, but being from the midwest, I tend to root for the Bears at times, Lions recently as well. The teams I root against are the Packers, Vikings, Giants, and of course, the JETS.:D

Oh, and I used to like the Bills for a while back when they had Bledsoe because I was kind of attached to him.

I hope you never have more than one kid. And I hope you never have to move. Or worse, let it not even be your choice. For your sake.

I've lived in several places, thank you, many of them outside of New England.

And even though all these excursions took place during the horrific 70's, 80's, and early 90's, when rooting for the Patriots was an humiliating, horrifying ORDEAL, I was never even REMOTELY tempted to disgrace myself by changing or splitting my loyalties.

It's called "Character."

I've lived in several places, thank you, many of them outside of New England.

And even though all these excursions took place during the horrific 70's, 80's, and early 90's, when rooting for the Patriots was an humiliating, horrifying ORDEAL, I was never even REMOTELY tempted to disgrace myself by changing or splitting my loyalties.

It's called "Character."

That's right and I would have none, if I hated my home team just because the first team I ever liked and knew was the Patriots. I live, eat and make a living in my city.

I would also have no character if I turned my back on the team that introduced me to football. Or not support one of my fellow countryman who play for the Patriots.

What you have is blind loyalty. Don't confuse what I am talking about with being disloyal. Life, and football, is not that black and white.

Especially when you consider the simple fact that the league itself doesn't really allow anyone to maintain logic and common sense and loyalty. I love coach John Fox for example. I liked what he did in Carolina. I respect him for it. I will always respect his work. And I still like what he's doing in Denver and his new team.

I also happen to be loyal to causes and people. I do in fact respect good character. And anyone in the league that displays it is at least going to get, at the very least, my respect. Friend or foe.

Last edited:
:blahblah::violent::nono::bricks:

Well stated (or "Smiley-ed").

I have no problem with this guy starting his own threads and writing the unintelligible tomes he seems to need to produce. I do have a problem if he infests other threads with the same drivel, but he seems to have learned to be careful about doing that, given the Mods propensity for hitting the old "Ban" button when people insist on doing so after a fair warning or two.

Folks who comment in one of his threads know that they are falling through the Looking Glass and know what they are getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes