PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really not going to end well
They let him play and they pretty much neuter Mayock. I will not be shocked if Gruden let’s him play.

I think you are mistaken. You can’t eliminate a contract without releasing the player.
Randy was traded....and then the Pats tore up his contract. That's what happened. The Pats didn't pay Moss what he would have made in Oakland had he stayed.

Randy was traded....and then the Pats tore up his contract. That's what happened. The Pats didn't pay Moss what he would have made in Oakland had he stayed.
He agreed to restructure his contract for one team and one team only. The Patriots.

This is the team that traded for Haynesworth. This is the team that gave Aaron Hernandez a big money second contract.
Playing the Hernandez card shows how intellectually bankrupt your whole argument is.

Would someone explain to me why someone would bother to make a new thread about this, when the same discussion has already been occurring in first AB thread?

Cause the OP has a bad case of the respond to ME's?

Randy was traded....and then the Pats tore up his contract.

Literally not what happened. Moss voluntarily agreed to a restructure because he was desperate to get out of Oakland.

If AB plays Monday and this decision goes over Mayock I would resign on the spot. He doesn’t need to put up with this crap. He can go right back to the NFL network.

This is the team that traded for Haynesworth. This is the team that gave Aaron Hernandez a big money second contract.

We, as the fan base of that same team, never get to say that "there's no way this team would take ......" about any player who has talent. The only possible exception might be a guy with a significant domestic violence issue.
Haynesworth's bad work ethic and bad attitude, and Aaron Hernandez turning out to be a murder (who by all means was still a good locker room presence) are significantly different from a dude who's clearly lost his marbles.

I'd also reconsider telling me what I get to say lol. NO WAY WOULD THIS TEAM TAKE ANTONIO BROWN. Maybe if we had 06 or 2013's receiving corps he'd be worth the gamble. But right now...nah

Playing the Hernandez card shows how intellectually bankrupt your whole argument is.
Deus is on par with AB by not playing with a full deck sometimes

Literally not what happened. Moss voluntarily agreed to a restructure because he was desperate to get out of Oakland.
In addition, I don't think the Pats had enough cap space under the existing contract, even with a Brady restructure that freed up $5 million to fit under the cap.. Granted, Moss took much less money to sign with NE.....IIRC... even with incentives.

Haynesworth's bad work ethic and bad attitude, and Aaron Hernandez turning out to be a murder (who by all means was still a good locker room presence) are significantly different from a dude who's clearly lost his marbles.

I'd also reconsider telling me what I get to say lol. NO WAY WOULD THIS TEAM TAKE ANTONIO BROWN. Maybe if we had 06 or 2013's receiving corps he'd be worth the gamble. But right now...nah

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/it-was-really-awkward-being-aaron-hernandezs-teammate/

But you do you.

Why don't they just put this on his helmet?...
stickers-sticker-sign-toxic-waste.jpg

How Mike Tomlin's Big Three Became Just Big Ben

Solid article. A lot of it is just rehashing stuff that already has been out there since the Ben/Bell/AB split but according to the article it all boils down to Tomlin letting Ben go completely unchecked. The part about Polamalu was surprising. I didn't know there was bad blood there.

Mayock's balls have officially been clipped.

After the Butler benching I don't assume that I have any idea what BB is thinking or what he will do.

Moss agreed to renegotiate his deal. Do you think Brown would?
Of course that would be a condition of any trade. But like I said if he's released it would be easier.

HOWEVER it now looks not only like he's going to stay with the Raider, but play in the firsgame. It was a nice mental exercise, but now its over and we can get back to discussing the Steelers.

If AB plays Monday and this decision goes over Mayock I would resign on the spot. He doesn’t need to put up with this crap. He can go right back to the NFL network.

Or he can ride out the year bruised ego and all quit at the end and have that Houston Texans Director of Player Personnel Job.

So Chucky's plan is for AB to play Monday night who said there is no loyalty in Football??:confused::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back