PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the team that traded for Haynesworth. This is the team that gave Aaron Hernandez a big money second contract.

That is revisionist ********. When they gave him the contract he seemed to have gotten his life under control with his child being born, donating a substantial part of his signing bonus and participating in community outreach activities.

The decision to give the person they thought he was a second contract was not a mistake at all. None of this has anything to do with him murdering people a year later.

Those are reports that came out AFTER it all went down. Find me something that was said BEFORE.

In fact don't bother this is a stupid dialogue anyway. But I compliment you on your excellent 20-20 hindsight. It is far better than your poor sense of humor
You’re making a nonsensical argument. This is only hindsight to the fans. Not the team. They’re who matters. The team saw this daily and still gave him a second contract. The fans are irrelevant. But you’re aware of this, which is why you’re going the personal route. As for that? I’ll let that slide. Besides, with 11,966 “funny” ratings given to me, to date. So I must be doing something right. :rolleyes:

You’re making a nonsensical argument. This is only hindsight to the fans. Not the team. They’re who matters. The team saw this daily and still gave him a second contract. The fans are irrelevant. But you’re aware of this, which is why you’re going the personal route. As for that? I’ll let that slide. Besides, with 11,966 “funny” ratings given to me, to date. So I must be doing something right. :rolleyes:
You’re starting to sound like you’re both Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon.

Belichick would pick him up if he gets released and if SC allows it imo. I don't think he will not be interested because of character.

His market is going to be an absolute disaster. No reason to not try to get Moss 2.0 for 1 season on cheap money.

His market is going to be an absolute disaster. No reason to not try to get Moss 2.0 for 1 season on cheap money.

Maybe he also quits football all together.

I’m sure that it would be considered, as the on field product is impressive. Where it would go from there is anyone’s guess, because Brown’s antics over the past 12-18 months have been ridiculous. I don’t think that it feels like normal WR diva stuff, at least in the vein of Moss, T.O., etc, so I think it would be a riskier type of move.
Moss and TO don't belong in the same category. Moss was good and he knew it, but he wasn't cancerous about it like TO or AB. I don't recall any internal issues with Randy Moss until contract time

If he gets released, and if BB is going to make any move, it's going to be on Monday when contracts aren't guaranteed for the season.

You’re starting to sound like you’re both Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon.
I don’t take Benefiber, so I’ll probably have to research that.

The central point of this thread, if there ever was one as a stand alone thread, is moot

This is an idiotic take. We will never trade for him because if we trade for him, we inherit his enormous contract.

BUT, if he gets cut.. I definitely do see BB kicking the tires on him and offering an one year NSA contract that's loaded on incentives, with zero guarantees.

Do we though? His guarantees have already been voided and he's saying that he's playing week to week. I think we would get the new contract with no guarantees. Not that it will happen. Although we did apparently go after Odell who, if not AB crazy, is still on the crazy spectrum.

No, it's not. And your attempt to whitewash the history is pathetic.

What was your take on the Hernandez extension at the time? Not a rhetorical question. I don't remember what it was.

Disagreed, because there are plenty of reasons not to invite a circus sideshow diva into the locker room as a distraction from the business of just doing your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore