PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gave my post a disagree that said we don’t need brown against Miami but it would help build their chemistry.

I disagreed with the assertion that he's unlikely to play.

Like I’ve said in both posts, it shouldn’t be a huge deal, but why would anyone pretend that trading DT away then having the news announced about Brown doesn’t suck on an epic level?

33-3 vs PIT is one thing, but it would’ve been great to have the potential that we all discussed less than 8 hrs ago. Not sure why anyone is being argumentative about the irony of the timing.

Goodell will act on PR. PR will even elicit an overstep which could only be rectified through arbitration (if that's even possible). For the NFL it is all about the optics. That's the problem when you go down that media driven rabbit hole (bending to the din of yellow journalism), there's no turning back from it. So how this lawsuit proceeds in the media is what matters most. And it should give everyone pause that, for example, the sports writers of Boston will equal business justice for AB.
You may not like AB -- he's certainly given reasons for not liking him -- but he deserves at least the consideration of innocence. Every day in, for example, divorce court(but not exclusive to), men and women make up wild accusations of atrocious and illegal behavior. The reason for this is money. Let no one think that money doesn't motivate humans, lots of them, to make dishonest statements. Consider that without video Julian Edelman would probably be a former Patriot right now, one with a stain on his name because someone was motivated to dishonesty for money.

Since when have you ever known me to purposely troll?

If the NFL is investigating, it’s probably a safe bet to prepare for the possibility that he won’t play. It’s not like this is an idea exclusive to me. It’s basically what everyone is talking about.

Everyone

Ok.

You were one of the ones bemoaning the loss of Patrick Chung too, right?

Don't care what the BSM is saying, dont care what ESPN says.

The fact is, it's a civil lawsuit. The Patriots statement said as much. Brown isn't suspended or arrested.

He'll be at practice tomorrow. Any other position pending other FACTS surrounding the situation, is nothing but a hysterical overreaction.

Three things I'm anticipating tomorrow.

The constant chatter about knowing about these extortion/blackmail threats before we signed AB. Of course, we won't respond and shouldn't respond and will come out looking like bad guys.

We'll also hear from the PDs who would've handled these allegations. I am betting she never contacted police, which can either damage the alleged victim's credibility or spark a police investigation. I can't imagine that going anywhere, but it may be enough for the league to suspend AB and us to release him.

Lastly, we'll see if AB is at practice. If he is, I'm betting he's not wearing 84, but he will play this weekend.

How long do you think NFL investigations take?
Can’t Roger suspend him with pay while the investigation is ongoing if he wants to?

Can brown get a independent arbitrator if hes suspended?
The “investigation” would be headed by an independent party. Much like Ted Wells.

Like I’ve said in both posts, it shouldn’t be a huge deal, but why would anyone pretend that trading DT away then having the news announced about Brown doesn’t suck on an epic level?

It doesn't suck on an epic level because:

1. DT is essentially irrelevant.
2. This situation is unlikely to have any impact on Brown playing for the Patriots.

How long do you think NFL investigations take?

Three months to build a fake report that PSI wasn’t explained by weather.

Fifteen minutes of back scratching to discredit overwhelming evidence when a large foreheaded PED user got busted.

He might not of raped her, but he definitely jaked off on her back(while she was dressed) from his own words. Guy is a turd.

Some of us do that think that is a turd-like thing. The were having a consensual relationship.

I disagreed with the assertion that he's unlikely to play.

Ok that’s fine. So part of my post you disagree with, but the other part you agree with yet the whole post was given a disagree. I figured you just disagreed with everything I said there. My apologies.

33-3 vs PIT is one thing, but it would’ve been great to have the potential that we all discussed less than 8 hrs ago. Not sure why anyone is being argumentative about the irony of the timing.

Supa, potential for what??????

47-3?

This D won't be giving up more than 12-13 points per game this year.

I know this is probably not popular to say with the Fantasy Football portion here, but both DT and AB were as useless to the Patriots as tits on a bull.

The fundamental truth for the actually very good reason why BB picked up AB within minutes of availability was NOT for the New England Patriots.

It was to keep him off of the KC Chiefs, LA Chargers and other contenders. If the Pats lose him to some arbitrary Commissioner's Exempt list at least it keeps him from going to one of the other contenders.

Can’t Roger suspend him with pay while the investigation is ongoing if he wants to?

Could he? I don't know. Maybe. I think that would be totally unprecedented in league history.

Of course he can.

And that’s not bringing up the idea of more negative attention, and from an organization that doesn’t normally play games with domestic violence in any form. Both Goodell and the Patriots organization are obstacles to Antonio Brown’s career, here.

Ok that’s fine. So part of my post you disagree with, but the other part you agree with yet the whole post was given a disagree. I figured you just disagreed with everything I said there. My apologies.

Sadly that big red X paints with a broad brush.

Can brown get a independent arbitrator if hes suspended?
Not unless Roger chooses to appoint an independent one. (Which he won’t, of course.) Since this is a “conduct detrimental” case Roger can (and will) be judge, jury, and executioner, just like he was with Brady.

It would be a terrible look from Goodell, especially after letting Hill walk with nothing.

The “investigation” would be headed by an independent party. Much like Ted Wells.

Then were fine because itll get us through the season.

Calling out others’ reactions to a post that isn’t yours, and demanding an explanation, is not cool IMO but I’ll entertain it.

The post played on all the toxic stereotypes about accusers. Money grab, not telling the truth, why did she take so long to come forward?

All questions asked to undermine the integrity of the accuser and question their ethical integrity without knowing any of the contexts or facts relevant to the case.

It’s no different than automatically assuming the accused is guilty, piling on additional accusations without evidence, and assuming certain inherently unethical things about the accused, again without the presentation of facts and evidence in a formal proceeding.

They’re both inherently flawed perspectives. The signal to noise ratio is broken in both perspectives.

We should take both the accuser and the accused in good faith and allow the legal proceedings to occur, and reach a well-informed conclusion based on said proceeding.
I normally don’t ask, but I did because when I see an odd ratio of positive ratings and then there’s two “dislikes”, it’s funny.

As I’ve mentioned on this board before, I’m not a fan of the drive by “disagree” or “dislike” and then the poster carries on without any explanation why.

I rarely, if ever give out “disagree” or “dislike”, if I don’t agree with a poster. I’d rather hit the “quote” button and then explain why. Isn’t that the whole point of the board to discuss stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back