PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that sociopaths are often a label for someone who suffers ASPD (Anti-Social Personality Disorder) which is a mental illness. ABs deliberate amping up his ****ty behavior in order to further his wants (your characterization) is very much in line with ASPD.

People who suffer ASPD need help. They are also the ****ing worst people to deal with, multiple times worse than those who suffer NPD (Narcissistic) or BPD (Borderline). If AB suffers ASPD, he needs help...and no team should go near him in the meantime.

Regards,
Chris

My point was that sociopaths are often a label for someone who suffers ASPD (Anti-Social Personality Disorder) which is a mental illness. ABs deliberate amping up his ****ty behavior in order to further his wants (your characterization) is very much in line with ASPD.

People who suffer ASPD need help. They are also the ****ing worst people to deal with, multiple times worse than those who suffer NPD (Narcissistic) or BPD (Borderline). If AB suffers ASPD, he needs help...and no team should go near him in the meantime.

Regards,
Chris
There are at least 35 million voters triggering right now.

Regards,
Chris

I didn’t realize this is considered a mental illness.

I didn’t realize this is considered a mental illness.
It shouldn't be...assholes are that way because they choose to be that way.

Not Guilty by reason of Insanity = one of the biggest crocks in our legal system.

Regards,
Chris
Thanx for pulling my covers in front of the whole board...jerk:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused:

Not Guilty by reason of Insanity = one of the biggest crocks in our legal system.
Not everyone is as self aware as you are, Mr. Rayofsunshine.

Always thought it should have been Guilty by reason of insanity. The mitigating factor doesn't excuse the crime.

Regards,
Chris

They need help, yes, but most don't change regardless. And there aren't even primitive meds like there are for mental diseases such as schizophrenia. Because of that, the challenge is to protect society from them.

I think most mental health professionals make a distinction between these disorders and treatable mental health issues.

Is that Dahmer kid still available??? We need HUNGRY players.

You know you don’t have to respond to every post in this thread. We get it. You don’t want AB.

Weren’t you in ‘Nam? You should be very familiar with insanity, if so.

You know you don’t have to respond to every post in this thread. We get it. You don’t want AB.

Well, ya know, it's SUCH a legitimate subject because Antonio Brown is such a sane and mentally competent human being and any team would be fortunate to obtain his "success formula". Some people here would actually have you believe his last 3 departures from NFL teams over the past 13 months hurt his teams dearly in money/cap space, etc. They'd actually have you believe his actions HURT his football teams these days. Go figure! We all know that the Steelers, Raiders and Patriots are grateful for the the 2019 season contributions to their ballclubs. And his mental state just seems to be improving every day!

Plus that Dahmer kid WAS very hungry - - we need that in Foxboro. The team got a bit lazy and comfortable last season.

Last edited:
They need help, yes, but most don't change regardless. And there aren't even primitive meds like there are for mental diseases such as schizophrenia. Because of that, the challenge is to protect society from them.

I think most mental health professionals make a distinction between these disorders and treatable mental health issues.
Yeah, ASPD is a nightmare and the focus on protecting those around the sufferer...and society at large from the outright dangerous sufferers...is spot on.

As for AB in particular, should he be diagnosed with a PD, I hope he can look to Brandon Marshall as an inspiration on how to manage a PD. The guy is proof that an NFL player can live with mental illness and not let it become a destructive force in his life.

Regards,
Chris

Well, ya know, it's SUCH a legitimate subject because Antonio Brown is such a sane and mentally competent human being and any team would be fortunate to obtain his "success formula". Some people here would actually have you believe his last 3 departures from NFL teams over the past 13 months hurt his teams dearly in money/cap space, etc. They'd actually have you believe his actions HURT his football teams these days. Go figure! We all know that the Steelers, Raiders and Patriots are grateful for the the 2019 season contributions to their ballclubs. And his mental state just seems to be improving every day!

Plus that Dahmer kid WAS very hungry - - we need that in Foxboro. The team got a bit lazy and comfortable last season.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing