SOURCE:Bleacher Report

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Antonio Brown Update

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oldrover, Dec 17, 2019.

1. shmessy

shmessy Northern VA/Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,218
    You're just doing schtick now.

It was so much funnier when you actually believed it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  2. Biffins

Biffins In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,904
    What makes you think I don't believe it?

I'd still be ecstatic if Pats announce Brady is back and AB is joining for 2020 season. I am sure most others will be as well despite protestations to the contrary. After he catches 2 TDs in first game, noone will care what he said to the moving company guy in January.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. TheRainMaker

TheRainMaker In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,060
    Can the thread be changed to “AB obsession thread”?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheRainMaker

Ratings:
    +6,060
    The dude is nuts, he’s not coming back. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he keeps imploding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheRainMaker

Ratings:
    +6,060
    What a nightmare that must of been. And Amex is really good regarding fraud. Just tell them a company you don’t want charging your card and they’ll block it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. lancerman

lancerman In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,275
    I don't even think he's bad. I think he's severely troubled and rich enough that he can avoid not getting institutionalized or placed in a situation where he can get some help.

That said, yes this board needs to back off releasing him. He was a serious problem and he would have wound up on the exemption list anyways. People need to get over it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  7. lancerman

lancerman In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,275
    So the difference is that the guys doing that had the good sense to take the off season to keep their mouths shut and stay out of the limelight, beg for forgiveness behind the scenes, let their legal issues blow over, and then quietly return to the NFL.

Say what you want about Hill, but after his initial offense, he played everything correctly. The only reason we aren't talking about Brown possibly raping someone is because after that he definitley harrassed another person with his buddies on the phone, **** all over our franchise and then apologized and did it again a dozen times, had a public meltdown with his baby mama, and likely has another battery charge coming.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,635

• Useful Useful x 3
  9. shmessy

shmessy Northern VA/Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,218
    Oh good - - you're back to being funny!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  10. Tottie

Tottie Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +672
    I'm not sure if you are serious, but assuming he didn't actually commit a crime you are right. If he were to somehow manage to send out some PR apology again and then keep quiet until training camp, teams would sign him. Of course we know he can't shut up and this will never happen so...

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,099
    I hope you called the BBB and whatever agency you could so these a-holes couldn't keep doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BUSTAMOVE

BUSTAMOVE Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,925
    They say AB slapped the truck driver on the butt o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,058
    That's why I believe that they were the ones who unleashed AB accusers on the Pat's

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,058
    The only thing missing is an incident with a gun or knife. Surely AB is an original gangsta.

15. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +36,734
    Not paying people? This couldn’t possibly be one Antonio Brown.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,555
    That’s not what happened. After Tyreek broke his son’s arm, he then got recorded by his baby momma, Cristal Espinal, with those memorable quotes “should be afraid of me btch” and then sounding incredibly guilty about the incident.

Here’s the actual difference: Britney Taylor wasn’t going to drop this civil suit because she wants money and was going to make a big issue out of it with a public spotlight, putting more pressure on Brown to settle. Cristal Espinal wouldn’t push the issue further because she wants money (and realized that she was killing the golden goose.). All the BS about preponderance of the evidence and a lower bar for discipline is total crap. There was way more than enough evidence for the league to suspend or lifetime ban Hill and Espinal’s cooperation with the league was unnecessary. He is a repeat offender capable of nearly beating a pregnant woman with his child to death yet was given the benefit of the doubt?

So I will certainly say what I want about Hill, which is that I’d be glad if the guy choked to death on a ham sandwich or broke his neck. If he weren’t a star athlete, a prison inmate would likely shank him for breaking a child’s arm. He will eventually hurt or kill someone; the league is a bunch of sniveling, cowardly pieces of fecal matter who know damn well who Tyreek Hill is, and really any excuse or support of him from KC fans borders on rooting for Aaron Hernandez after realizing who he is.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +36,457
    I don't know what's more disturbing -- your twisted sense of situational ethics or your strange belief that everyone else thinks the same way.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Thank You x 1
    • Confused x 1
  18. Biffins

Ratings:
    +3,904
    I don’t need our sports stars to be model citizens. And history tells me when things get rolling, noone else cares either besides what helps the team win. I don’t think BB cares either. The only thing that matters to BB is that any of these antics son’t distract from on-field performance.

Otherwise where do you draw the line on “situational ethics”. Is parking fine ok? Jaywalking? What about speeding? What about evading taxes? What about occasional recreational drugs? Oh wait, I do all that crap as well. How can I hold these guys to a higher standard?

What about DUI? That’s pretty reprehensible and dangerous right? Yet I have a friend who I knew drove home above the limit carefully (didn’t get caught). And while I lectured him I didn’t stop speaking to him. I didn’t suddenly start hating him and wishing death on him for putting other people’s lives in danger.

You might think it’s black or white but I believe it’s all shades of grey and I don’t need to be the one drawing the cut-off line. Society as a whole does and that translates into our law. And if the law states he’s employable, then I say let the man earn a living and help us win a championship. Might even come cheaper due to past history.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,555
    I don’t think I the angle here is defending AB’s behavior.

It just goes to show AB needed the Pats because he’s a total mess without structure, purpose, and motivation and would have been in a great place with TB12 and the Patriots leadership. And he realized that, based on his comments about wanting to play with Brady. And Brady realized that, telling a source he thought he was getting through to AB.

And the Pats sure as fck needed AB because...well...just put a mental picture of Mohamed Sanu deflecting Brady’s final pass for a pick-6, vomit, and you’ll get it.

So AB can continue to go batsh1t crazy after getting ghosted by the NFL, no longer being an active player, no longer being an member of the NFLPA, having any schedule, purpose, revealing his massive problems and embarrassing himself, and that doesn’t change the fact they shouldn’t have released him. Belichick and the team knew the guy had mental issues when they signed him...look at his psychotic behavior in Oakland. They thought they could help him...and they probably could have. But Early Bird Bob felt it was of utmost importance to blackball him because it was the will of the 31.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Biffins

Ratings:
    +3,904
    Makes total sense and completely agree.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1