PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't think Brees was going to get it either way with the pace these two QBs have been throwing TDs in recent years, it's pure delusion. And even if the suspension did cost Brady the record, it's extremely lame to care.

Nobody's saying that they care. After all, stats are for losers. The discussion was about suspension length. I was trying to make the point that even though it was only 4 games, it was very costly to Brady's totals. That's all.

Nor have I contended at any point in this thread that they do. That should be clear. What I’m asking is what reason they would have, from a pure business perspective, to keep a talent and a marketing dream like Brown off the field any longer than the 3 months he’s already served? Why would they want to do that when it’s clear that all they care about is increasing their revenues, even if that increase is an incremental one?
Because they don’t want another #metoo disaster. And he had to be destroyed, because the league could not allow him to be with the Pats.

Two questions.
1) If ABs actions in Oakland were so egregious why was he allowed to sign with the Pats?
2) If AB wasn't suspended by the Pats could he still be playing?
He wasn't suspended by the Pats.

Payton says they asked the league if AB will be allowed to play in the postseason and are waiting for an answer.

I expect:
We can't answer that yet because we are still conducting an investigation, but if you do sign him, there is no guarantee he won't immediately be placed on the Commissioners Exempt list until the investigation is concluded sometime in 2021.

I know it's farfetched but if you're Rosenhaus (and let's just pretend AB isn't a complete idiot) but what if you tell the Saints, or any team in the league, AB will sign right now for the veteran minimum for the rest of the year. Basically hope you force the league's hand and try and get them to make a decision on a suspension length. Also that way they can attempt to argue that while he was on the exempt list that should count as part of his suspension. As of right now he is just sitting out there not gaining any credit to games missed due to some sort of league penalty.
He hasn't been ON the exempt list.

Because they don’t want another #metoo disaster. And he had to be destroyed, because the league could not allow him to be with the Pats.
The first sentence doesn’t seem to jive with some of the other guys in the league that will be playing this weekend as well as the postseason. The second sentence may have some merit, though.

As others have said this is also mostly about how he left the raiders and his social media attack on the NFL. The NFL doesn't care one bit about this woman. I'm not sure how many people here even believe her story.

I know. I’m saying hypothetically if he got himself signed it potentially would’ve forced the NFL’s hand into announcing his punishment.

Because he isn't signed by a team. Also reports are that he brought his entourage with him and filmed the whole deal,etc. Word was it was a sh*t show. I doubt they sign him anyway

Ok that's it. I'm going to grab me a pABst and ABsolve myself from this ABstract thread.
This ABomination of a thread was always headed for the AByss.

This ABomination of a thread was always headed for the AByss.
ABsolutely. And it's ABout time such ABnormally ABusive, ABrasively ABerrant behavior was ABolished, this thread ABandoned and everyone ABruptly made themselves ABidingly ABsent.

Last edited:
+1.

The AB Magical Thinkers are either a) innocent newbies or b) folks who’ve been here but for some reason have not grasped what has continually been presented as Belichick’s seminar every day of the week for 20 consecutive seasons.

It’s truly fascinating.

Lighten up and enjoy a hypothetical, it’s no misconception we could use the talent at WR. He is a hard worker who clearly possesses football IQ to a degree necessary to produce at that level. Whether or not he could’ve reeled in the social media is a different story.

Clearly with nothing but free time and a grudge, his mental state is Gin, Tonic & Chronic, and his social media is a train wreck. You think this **** doesn’t drastically calm down during the season in the building where football is all business?

Lighten up and enjoy a hypothetical, it’s no misconception we could use the talent at WR. He is a hard worker who clearly possesses football IQ to a degree necessary to produce at that level. Whether or not he could’ve reeled in the social media is a different story.

Clearly with nothing but free time and a grudge, his mental state is Gin, Tonic & Chronic, and his social media is a train wreck. You think this **** doesn’t drastically calm down during the season in the building where football is all business?

If Pats win SB “BB knows best”

If Pats lose in AFCCG “BB the GM is holding back BB the coach”

If Pats lose in Division Weekend “We’re lucky this patchwork offense got this far. BB and Brady tried their best”

If Pats lose today and lose bye week and lose in Wild Card Weekend “Fck Bend Over Bob For his interference with kicking out AB”

Thanks for the correction. If the Pats don't CUT him could he still be playing?
Yes assuming Goody didn't put him on the exempt list for the text msgs

Yes assuming Goody didn't put him on the exempt list for the text msgs

The fact that a top player can be dumped over text messages while other players can abuse women, or owners can solicit prostitutes and deal drugs that result in an overdose death, makes it very difficult for me to continue to support the NYFL.

No, I don’t. He’s at a point where his mental state is clearly irrational. He couldn’t even control himself for 2 weeks in September in Football Nirvana. He has clearly worsened in the past 3 months. You evidently think he can control himself. I think he is halfway down the Anna Nicole Smith trail and needs someone to save his life before he hurts himself and others around him. The stuff last week on Instagram with his Baby Mama and their 3 children sets off more alarm bells. Hopefully they stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes