PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a logical fallacy, either. If they’re going to suspend him again, it won’t be for one regular season game. Meaning the hypothetical suspension would probably last into next year as well. As for the Jeopardy GIF? Not sure. The dude, whoever the hell he is, has been aggressive the last couple of days. Probably a dry spell.
Okay. Now show us where those contradictory statements in conjunction with one another actually are. Would you like me to quote the statement or are you capable of doing that correctly this time around?

Orrrrrrr you could just admit that you made a mistake. God forbid we do that, though.

I already bold-colored them in my reply to you. Feel free to go back up there and re-read your statements.

Sorry, if I'm not one of your groupies here who automatically take every word that comes out of your mouth as the bible and auto-likes it.

All that needs to be said.

There's a little word there "likely" that doesn't sound like an absolute. They are bluffing. Someone needs to call their bluff. Question is, will anyone.

There's a little word there "likely" that doesn't sound like an absolute. They are bluffing. Someone needs to call their bluff. Question is, will anyone.
There’s also no evidence whatsoever that the NFL wouldn’t wrap up its fraud of an investigation quickly if the Saints decide to move on him.

Right, and people that think the players, owners, etc give two schitts about the fans are morons (maybe 1% of the nfl cabal "cares" about the fans)..but it doesn't mean fans can't get pissed and voice their opinions...
They don't need to care about you. They are glorified gladiators that are there for our entertainment. Of course you can set whatever criteria you like as a fan. If them caring about you is important than so be it.

Last edited:
They can't say 'definitely', that would be a CBA violation.

The Saints would be smart to sign him for vet's minimum. Then they just have him for one game basically for free. If his discipline gets resolved in next month or two, they have first dibs; could franchise him or work out an extension. Same reasoning for why the Pats should have kept him; he would have just been given a free 54th roster spot and they would have had a lot of options for 2020, worst case scenario.

Maybe they are, maybe they are not. I am sure there is enough leeway between the CBA and the strings of things AB has done this year to suspend him until the end of year.

And unlike others I dont see any reason why anyone would assume he already "served" games.

He was unsigned. Unless someone can point to a paragraph in an official document that says you can just serve a suspension while not being in the league I don't see how it would unfold.

Point being while he might get some certainty about his status if the Saints call the bluff he will not play this season anymore.

Now what would have happened if someone called the bluff in October is a different story.

Last edited:
If the Saints sign AB and he does not go on the exempt list AND the Patriots do not win the Super Bowl, it should go down as an all-time failure for this organization.

If the Saints sign AB and he does not go on the exempt list AND the Patriots do not win the Super Bowl, it should go down as an all-time failure for this organization.
Has the potential to be Malcolm Butler 2.0

I would sign AB (or have kept him in the case of NE) until the league says otherwise...

There is no way in hell the NYFL was going to let AB play for the Pats the entire year. If they had not cut him the most likely scenario is he plays (well) for 1/2 the year then gets put on the exempt list and the Pats are worse off than they are now.

Would love to see someone actually force the NFL's hand on this. Not surprised the saints would be the one's to do it if they do follow through with this.

Gotta love Andy Brandt retweeting fake Rappaport.

I once worked in the same office as Brandt for Michael Jordan's agent. Brandt is a great guy. But it says something that someone so high caliber (in terms of negotiating huge contracts) doesn't know some basics of technology.

exempt list for a group text message would be insane...

There is no way in hell the NYFL was going to let AB play for the Pats the entire year. If they had not cut him the most likely scenario is he plays (well) for 1/2 the year then gets put on the exempt list and the Pats are worse off than they are now.
That’s just an assumption you are making.

Like another poster said, Goodell can do whatever he wants. I don't think they want to because ABs case is different from the other ones and will create a precedent. Imo they are bluffing, but we won't know until someone signs him.

View attachment 25665
What is the NFL's commissioner's exempt list?

It would be the most Early Bird Bob thing ever if Goodell bluffed him this entire time. And if the Saints sign him and he is able to play, you can completely kiss goodbye any chance of recovering that signing bonus.

If he were getting in trouble, it should probably be for the furniture incident, not this.

No, just a defender of the English language on Internet forums.

Is that your full time gig or a side hustle?

41mxk2FcBlL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Court cases, appeals, and 3 month investigations into possibly under inflated footballs happened. Anything can happen after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back