PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown talks about playing for, being released by Patriots

What are you asserting is the dog whistle meaning of SJW? I’ve never known it to mean anything other than Social Justice Warrior in that context. By coincidence, it could also mean Single Jewish Woman, but does that really mean much?
Nah I'm just saying suddenly all the rightists were all babbling about "sjw" one day, seemingly out of the blue. It just migrated from their fever swamps to more public venues, and I for one was scratching my head. It looked like an abbreviation from a personals ad. I've talked to others who had the same reaction, and it was good for a laugh. Nobody's asserting that anyone here is talking about single Jewish women w/this far right code snippet.

The SJW/perpetually offended brigade has a 15 second attention span. The team should have stuck with him and let Brady work with him. Like this fiasco with Meyer, it would have blown over in a week or two, tops, and people would have moved on to the next outrage du jour.
Disagree. It's got nothing to do with being offended, it has to do with being smart. He was already being charged with rape (bs or not, the news was out) and had the spotlight on him just for being a Patriot (pAtRiOtS tAmPeReD was a big piece, I remember). All he had to do was keep his head down, his mouth shut, and his phone further than arms distance for a few weeks and things would have blown over. Instead AB threw wood on the fire, took a look at the fire and felt it still wasn't big enough, and pointed a gas hose at it. It was, without question, one of the dumbest and most self sabotaging things I had ever seen an athlete do, and you can't blame whoever made the Cut decision for not being able to trust him.

And then he doubled down on it! Filming himself in screaming matches with his children's mother, those crazy IG posts, his "retirement". He still may have been able to come back a couple months later if he hadn't ratcheted up the crazy even more.

Disagree. It's got nothing to do with being offended, it has to do with being smart. He was already being charged with rape (bs or not, the news was out) and had the spotlight on him just for being a Patriot (pAtRiOtS tAmPeReD was a big piece, I remember). All he had to do was keep his head down, his mouth shut, and his phone further than arms distance for a few weeks and things would have blown over. Instead AB threw wood on the fire, took a look at the fire and felt it still wasn't big enough, and pointed a gas hose at it. It was, without question, one of the dumbest and most self sabotaging things I had ever seen an athlete do, and you can't blame whoever made the Cut decision for not being able to trust him.

And then he doubled down on it! Filming himself in screaming matches with his children's mother, those crazy IG posts, his "retirement". He still may have been able to come back a couple months later if he hadn't ratcheted up the crazy even more.
It had everything to do with the mob being offended and outraged and Kraft bowing to that public pressure. If a guy is falsely accused of sexual assault/rape, why should he be expected to “keep his mouth shut and his head down?”

To be fair he wasn't "charged" with rape it was a civil suit (money grab) from an ex girlfriend. The text message thing I thought was faux outrage. It was obviously stupid and he shouldn't have been in contact with that person at all but it wasn't some sort of "I'm gonna kill you" threat it was made out to be. The constant media storm along with Kraft's indiscretions and AB's immaturity created the imperfect storm that got him cut but in his short time with the Patriots I don’t think he actually did anything terrible. I still remember him doing an interview with all the local beat guys in front of his locker and he had definitely been briefed in the Patriots media relations and it looked like he was going to be in the fold.

It had everything to do with the mob being offended and outraged and Kraft bowing to that public pressure. If a guy is falsely accused of sexual assault/rape, why should he be expected to “keep his mouth shut and his head down?”
By public pressure you mean the media, right?

The people who post threads whenever Felger and Mazz say something outlandish would like to have a word with you.
Oh, so you're thinking Jonathan Kraft or some talking heads came here perhaps and took the temperature of the board and gave a **** what all 6 sjw poster boys here think? Or perhaps Ray from Shrewsbury called in and made such an impression on the WEEI guys that they started yapping about it non-stop? You give the rabble too much credit. I don't even care what I think.

What are you asserting is the dog whistle meaning of SJW? I’ve never known it to mean anything other than Social Justice Warrior in that context.
I assumed it was this as well.

Oh, so you're thinking Jonathan Kraft or some talking heads came here perhaps and took the temperature of the board and gave a **** what all 6 sjw poster boys here think? Or perhaps Ray from Shrewsbury called in and made such an impression on the WEEI guys that they started yapping about it non-stop? You give the rabble too much credit. I don't even care what I think.
Nobody cares what you think.

Ray from Shrewsbury was my transgendered sister, you ignorant scum.

Eh, I still wouldn’t put that on Belichick. I think the decision to let Brown go had more to do with Kraft than him. Kraft was under a lot of heat for being a jerkoff and also had some pressure from outraged Social Justice Warriors to contend with.
Kraft caves.

It's a habit he will not break.

"I too prefer the old logo." So?

"I hope Patriots fans will forgive me." How about not bending over for despicable, corrupt opponents/owners defecating on us?

How come no one cared about this? Kraft signed off on this acquisition.

Maybe because we have double standards when it comes to our own players? Or maybe we stopped caring when Kraft threw the Patriots standard out the window on the that warm Florida night?

However, murderers and child abusers are still off the table.

Btw, domestic violence is no joke, if he did do it, hoefully karma deals with him accordingly. As of right, it almost seems like there is too many to keep track of which is kind of sad.

Kraft caves.

It's a habit he will not break.

"I too prefer the old logo." So?

"I hope Patriots fans will forgive me." How about not bending over for despicable, corrupt opponents/owners defecating on us?
Kraft was weak and caved to SJWs. Its hard to blame him entirely when there is a significant part of the fan base that marches in lockstep with them. The rest of the league thought it was hilarious and used Kraft's pathetic virtue signaling to rob the Patriots of another championship.

Guy lucked into all the championships by getting Brady and Beli.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back