PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown talks about playing for, being released by Patriots

Most guys wouldn't think so - many, many women would disagree.

You DO NOT share pictures of someone's kids with your entourage. You. Just. Don't.

As for releasing him - that's another story, one likely having more to do with suspension and Kraft than anything else.

You realize those are public Instagram pictures, right? He’s making a point they have expensive clothes yet she claims to be a starving artist and begged him for a job out of charity. Again, poor taste…he should have known better. Doesn’t mean there’s any credibility to the narrative that he threatened her kids. He didn’t. And unless he threatened her or threatened her kids, there’s not much relevance of a DO NOT, written in all caps to emphasize it in the absence of any actual rules or laws.

Suuuuuure she didn’t.

Right…no publicity seeking at all. She just felt like she must tell the world that Brown had the nerve to flirt with her, hoping she was into him, before backing off. And he wasn’t wearing a shirt in his own house, just like in 80% of the videos he posts of him working out and walking around on a normal day.

You realize those are public Instagram pictures, right? He’s making a point they have expensive clothes yet she claims to be a starving artist and begged him for a job out of charity. Again, poor taste…he should have known better. Doesn’t mean there’s any credibility to the narrative that he threatened her kids. He didn’t. And unless he threatened her or threatened her kids, there’s not much relevance of a DO NOT, written in all caps to emphasize it in the absence of any actual rules or laws.
Yes, I get it.

I also get that this is exactly what guys do to scare women. "So what?" says Kontra.

If he had done that to my daughter, I'd want his ass in a sling. You don't do that. He texted her and included his friends ("yes sir") to scare the **** out of her. If you're okay with that, then eff you, too.

And I'm done with this because there's nothing left to say.

Yes, I get it.

I also get that this is exactly what guys do to scare women. "So what?" says Kontra.

If he had done that to my daughter, I'd want his ass in a sling. You don't do that. He texted her and included his friends ("yes sir") to scare the **** out of her. If you're okay with that, then eff you, too.

I have a daughter. I wouldn’t raise her to make false claims of sexual assault against a man. And I highly doubt you’re putting anyone’s “ass in a sling.” Definitely not Brown. You’d be out cold before you even hit the floor.

Yes, I get it.

If you had a son whose career was seriously threatened because a woman, who he had paid out of charity, made a misleading claim to a muckraking journalist to try to drum up more Instagram followers, I’m sure you’d be cool with that.

I also have daughters. Spare me the holier-than-thou outrage like that makes you a moral authority.

The fact is the woman presents nothing other than clear self-promotion and a desperate grab for publicity. It’s an affront to the many women who actually do have to deal with sexual misconduct and sexual harassment.

Can we keep your clubby banter off the football threads @Kontradiction? You do know that shorthanding "SJW" is in-house rightist talk, right? Truthfully, first time I saw it, and for a while after, I was wondering why they were specifying they're mad at single Jewish women.

As regards AB, I guess you were there. I wasn't. I see a lot of guys who know without a doubt we win the SB in 2019 if we only play the guy with the scandals. So what we really do know seems to be...
- Kraft was legitimately in no position to load up on fresh scandals (granted, his fault.)
- It was therefore a really bad time for AB to have several of them breaking
- We do have his "find a way to defame her please" text (see above.)

That "Can you look into my accuser" text looks really hard to just ignore for the new guy who's just sat in an interview with you and said "No I have no hidden baggage, no problem there." He did get to just walk away from it when he went to Tampa. (I guess millionaires who play kids' games for a living can catch a break. )

PS, the synagogue was in the home when he bought it. So yeah, that "getting blessed up" thing is not the real story. (I don't know any Jews, any branch, who would think, "wow, glad I'm staying over at AB's house. There is a physical building there that will bless me up.") It's a dumb, throwaway explanation for dumb people. He just bought a place from a Jewish guy who wanted a synagogue in the house, it seems. So that would be my go-to explanation if I'm him, not this story about Jewish friends who stop between games of madden, rounds of scotch, lap dances, or whatever, to get blessed up. You don't go to your friend's house and say "I gotta take a huge prayer dump, where's your synagogue?"

Note that it's perfectly possible that he indeed has a lot of Jewish friends. I don't know. That made it look less likely to me, not more. But hey, for all I know there are bar mitzvahs there every weekend.

Can we keep your clubby banter off the football threads @Kontradiction? You do know that shorthanding "SJW" is in-house rightist talk, right? Truthfully, first time I saw it, and for a while after, I was wondering why they were specifying they're mad at single Jewish women.

As regards AB, I guess you were there. I wasn't. I see a lot of guys who know without a doubt we win the SB in 2019 if we only play the guy with the scandals. So what we really do know seems to be...
- Kraft was legitimately in no position to load up on fresh scandals (granted, his fault.)

That "Can you look into my accuser" text looks really hard to just ignore for the new guy who's just sat in an interview with you and said "No I have no hidden baggage, no problem there." He did get to just walk away from it when he went to Tampa. (I guess millionaires who play kids' games for a living can catch a break. )

PS, the synagogue was in the home when he bought it. So yeah, that "getting blessed up" thing is not the real story. (I don't know any Jews, any branch, who would think, "wow, glad I'm staying over at AB's house. There is a physical building there that will bless me up.") It's a dumb, throwaway explanation for dumb people. He just bought a place from a Jewish guy who wanted a synagogue in the house, it seems. So that would be my go-to explanation if I'm him, not this story about Jewish friends who stop between games of madden, rounds of scotch, lap dances, or whatever, to get blessed up. You don't go to your friend's house and say "I gotta take a huge prayer dump, where's your synagogue?"

Note that it's perfectly possible that he indeed has a lot of Jewish friends. I don't know. That made it look less likely to me, not more. But hey, for all I know there are bar mitzvahs there every weekend.

What?

All anyone wanted was for minimal common sense and fact finding. No one wanted AB to get away with rape, or to be able to play if he committed rape. The league, always anxious to sweep this under the rug, saw the perfect opportunity to nail a high profile player at last. Normally they’d need to duke it out with the owner to suspend a player like this, but Hand Bob was more than happy to comply. And this ridiculous story/text exchange from the second woman just served to further escalate the situation. Worked out perfectly for the league, Hand Bob, and ultimately the Tampa Bay Bucs.

All anyone wanted was for minimal common sense and fact finding. No one wanted AB to get away with rape, or to be able to play if he committed rape. The league, always anxious to sweep this under the rug, saw the perfect opportunity to nail a high profile player at last. Normally they’d need to duke it out with the owner to suspend a player like this, but Hand Bob was more than happy to comply. And this ridiculous story/text exchange from the second woman just served to further escalate the situation. Worked out perfectly for the league, Hand Bob, and ultimately the Tampa Bay Bucs.
I don’t think he’s trying to have an honest conversation about this. He just doesn’t know a whole lot about the game outside of watching what the ball does as it leaves the quarterback’s hand. He does love him some politics, however, so the SJW thing allowed him to scratch that itch while still pretending like he’s talking football.

@Kontradiction posted an IG from Jalean Reager telling a heckling fan “I’ll knock you out” or something like that, yet nobody notices.

You DO NOT share pictures of someone's kids with your entourage. You. Just. Don't.
She must’ve missed that memo posting those pictures on Instagram where anyone can see who follows her.

@Kontradiction posted an IG from Jalean Reager telling a heckling fan “I’ll knock you out” or something like that, yet nobody notices.
That was so funny. My favorite response from the fan - “You’re not going to get a Big Mac talking to me like that.”

That was so funny. My favorite response from the fan - “You’re not going to get a Big Mac talking to me like that.”

There’s something about famous people, including athletes, that makes us all biased in thinking they’re smarter than they actually are. Maybe it’s that many of us on the forum are pretty analytical and associate success with intelligence. And you hear all these coaches and commentators talk about how intelligent these players are, despite that intelligence has a totally different bar in the world of sports.

All that to make the obvious point: some of these players are truly just absolute ****ing morons.

He wasn’t threatening her kids…at least you must agree on that. Was the text in poor taste? Probably, though the context is she threw him under the bus with an alleged “sexual misconduct” incident that didn’t appear to have any sexual misconduct. He’s using his resources to fight back, just as many athletes would use legal intimidation, etc. If you read what he writes, it’s that he thinks she‘s a fraud and that her dishonesty and lack of credibility should be exposed.

Regardless, I can see why these texts were out of line and why they should be condemned.

But to release a player over this? By what precedent exactly? This isn’t domestic violence. This isn‘t in the stratosphere of that type of conduct.
He should've been treated the same way the league is treating Deshaun Watson. Oh wait, did Deshaun send texts?

He should've been treated the same way the league is treating Deshaun Watson. Oh wait, did Deshaun send texts?

No…he just used his NFL stardom to pose as a legitimate client and coerced at least 23 women into blowing him and other unwanted sexual acts, so he shouldn’t be suspended or anything.

I don’t think he’s trying to have an honest conversation about this. He just doesn’t know a whole lot about the game outside of watching what the ball does as it leaves the quarterback’s hand. He does love him some politics, however, so the SJW thing allowed him to scratch that itch while still pretending like he’s talking football.
Pure ********. If you don't like being called on your ********, don't troll the whole forum with your nazi shorthand. Keep it on Stormfront.

No, threatening accusers is not a good look. Yes, it would be a problem for any front office. And yes, I agreed with you that Kraft was in a particularly vulnerable position at the time.

Again, I wasn't there, and I assume you believe by now that you were. However, one has to assume that arranging for the intimidation of your accuser would make a neutral observer more likely to think that you are trying to suppress facts not on the public record.

Pure ********. If you don't like being called on your ********, don't troll the whole forum with your nazi shorthand. Keep it on Stormfront.

No, threatening accusers is not a good look. Yes, it would be a problem for any front office. And yes, I agreed with you that Kraft was in a particularly vulnerable position at the time.

Again, I wasn't there, and I assume you believe by now that you were. However, one has to assume that arranging for the intimidation of your accuser would make a neutral observer more likely to think that you are trying to suppress facts not on the public record.

What are you asserting is the dog whistle meaning of SJW? I’ve never known it to mean anything other than Social Justice Warrior in that context. By coincidence, it could also mean Single Jewish Woman, but does that really mean much?

You sound upset. Try to calm down. Maybe going outside for a nice, deep breath of fresh air will help. By the way, the term “Social Justice Warrior” was popularized by Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Definitely not two far righties.

Where was the threat? Can you specify which part of the text that was?

Maybe if you’re an idiot with zero critical thinking skills. For the rest of us? Not so much.

AB only hangs out with ex-cons but I'm not sure if she's a single Jewish woman.

EP-fLN1WkAAjtiQ.jpg

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back