PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown accuses Bucs of wanting him to play on injured ankle (update: finally released)

Guys take shots to play through injuries all the time, especially at this time of the year.
I can't recall a Meltdown like what I saw though.
Do I think he has injuries? I'd bet he does, but his behavior doesn't garner any favor...

Guys take shots to play through injuries all the time, especially at this time of the year.
I can't recall a Meltdown like what I saw though.
Do I think he has injuries? I'd bet he does, but his behavior doesn't garner any favor...

Arians behavior doesn't garner any favor either. Why only criticize AB? Arians is a clown too.

Arians behavior doesn't garner any favor either. Why only criticize AB? Arians is a clown too.
When has Arians force any player on the team to play injured this year? Can you give an example? I can. Gronk begged him to play and arians would not let him until he was well. All year they have been over cautious with players and not bringing them back too early, but all of the sudden a guy who has been kicked off 4 teams, lied about being vaxxed comes off his suspension and suddenly everything changes because he had a meltdown? Yeah sorry, I need a bit more reality than this.

When has Arians force any player on the team to play injured this year? Can you give an example? I can. Gronk begged him to play and arians would not let him until he was well. All year they have been over cautious with players and not bringing them back too early, but all of the sudden a guy who has been kicked off 4 teams, lied about being vaxxed comes off his suspension and suddenly everything changes because he had a meltdown? Yeah sorry, I need a bit more reality than this.

Good for you.

Dude was running and doing jumping jacks off the field. If it was that bad wouldn't there be a limp or something?

Arians is a clown and there’s actually some symmetry to their stories. I believe AB
AB has had issues at every single club he has been at and seems like a nightmare to manage. Not say Arians manged it perfectly but AB has a proven track record of being a problem.

Dude was running and doing jumping jacks off the field. If it was that bad wouldn't there be a limp or something?
My guess is AB is angling for an injury settlement as opposed to not getting anything if he's waived. Also not sure if the Bucs have grounds to go after his $2m signing bonus for refusing to play so the "injury" claim is in potential defense of that measure.

Not sure how legit the MRI he got is but whatever.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you let Brady run the team.

This whole soap opera could have happened in NE if BB and Kraft had granted Bradys wishes. I want to win too, but not sell my soul to the devil in the process.

Given how quickly things have gone South for AB at every club since the Steelers i think Tomlin must have managed him really well to keep him on the straight and narrow

This is what happens when you let Brady run the team.

This whole soap opera could have happened in NE if BB and Kraft had granted Bradys wishes. I want to win too, but not sell my soul to the devil in the process.

I said it before in the Bucs thread, but Brady doesn't care about roster/team building. He only cares about winning titles. In fact, I guarantee you that Brady knew about AB's CTE/mental issues before recruiting him. He doesn't care if AB gets hit or compromises his health as long as AB helps him win rings. Same deal with Gronk, who Brady knew had nearly 20 concussions and 10 surgeries over the years.

Bill, on the other hand, could simply not afford to bring the kind of talent Brady was begging for via free agency/trade.

I said it before in the Bucs thread, but Brady doesn't care about roster/team building. He only cares about winning titles. In fact, I guarantee you that Brady knew about AB's CTE/mental issues before recruiting him. He doesn't care if AB gets hit or compromises his health as long as AB helps him win rings. Same deal with Gronk, who Brady knew had nearly 20 concussions and 10 surgeries.

Bill, on the other hand, could simply not afford to bring the kind of talent Brady was begging for via free agency/trade.
I know what you mean but I do think Tom cares about them as people.

What he won't do is tell them they can't play football because he's concerned about their well-being.

Disappointed that AB didn't claim he was upset that the Bucs refused to pay him:haha:

TB still hasn't released him.......somehow I don't think it's out of fear that someone else will sign him, especially if he has a bad wheel.......methinks it's because they are trying to negotiate an injury settlement/keep themselves out of hot water

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back