PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown accuses Bucs of wanting him to play on injured ankle (update: finally released)

If this gets taken seriously, there could be major consequences for every NFL team and not just the Bucs. This is simply NFL culture:
  • Playing through injuries is inherently part of the sport.
  • Team docs are generally quacks, or yes-men at the least.
Many players have talked about this stuff after retirement, but few have as still productive players. These are the types of things that are usually handled confientially through the grievance process.

For what it‘s worth, I think AB is overall full of **** as he understands football culture and nothing was out of the ordinary. He played last year despite a nagging knee injury that required cartilage cleanup surgery. He’s just trying to hindsight this to inflict revenge for being embarrassed. But still, it hits the NFL in the face regardless.

I buy this

Arians seems like a doucher and probably thought AB would do whatever he was told after they kept him on the roster after the vaccine card.

AB did himself 0 favors with his antics while leaving though. If he’s telling the truth about the damage in his ankle though it won’t be hard to verify

This isn’t really a secret…Arians has talked about the injury for months.

1641441560958.png

AB put himself where he is with his past antics earning him no benefit of a doubt.
The story of 'The boy who cried wolf' comes to mind here.

who cares judge judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

I wonder if Brown will sue the Bucs for his bonus money he would have probably earned if he played. That would be too funny if he sued for money he could have only gotten if he played and produced while arguing the Bucs tried to force him to play even though his ankle was far too injured for him to play.
Players on IR get playoff money too.

Arians is a clown and there’s actually some symmetry to their stories. I believe AB

If the lawyer helped him write the letter, the lawyer will have spoken to the surgeon prior to issuing the letter. The team can not deny giving AB the pain killer so the leaked BS about always supporting the players health is a lawyer and PR move that means AB is not lying.

It is very possible AB is a nut job so Arians treated him differently, but AB was right this time. The finger across the throat, if true, will make any court case especially bad. The pain killer shot and the finger across the throat is like Urban Myers physically kicking his kicker - a very bad look so the Bucs are leaking like crazy. The leaks tell you AB is not lying.

If the lawyer helped him write the letter, the lawyer will have spoken to the surgeon prior to issuing the letter. The team can not deny giving AB the pain killer so the leaked BS about always supporting the players health is a lawyer and PR move that means AB is not lying.

It is very possible AB is a nut job so Arians treated him differently, but AB was right this time. The finger across the throat, if true, will make any court case especially bad. The pain killer shot and the finger across the throat is like Urban Myers physically kicking his kicker - a very bad look so the Bucs are leaking like crazy. The leaks tell you AB is not lying.
This same lawyer said AB had gotten vaccinated and denied the chef report when it ended up being true that he faked the vaccination card. It's all lawyer talk...everywhere AB goes there's always been something now hopefully they can confirm this easily and he gets the medical treatment that he needs, but I don't believe him anymore.

sounds like tampa is over compensating here...
Nah I'm leaning more into believing Tampas side of the story. They did end up keeping him after the fake vaccination fiasco. AB could very well be injured to play, but when McAfee and Bayless both say that their sources told them that AB got mad over lack of targets I believe them. AB unfollowed Tom on social media too. That's Arians/McAfee/Bayless all saying it had nothing to do with the injury.

Nah I'm leaning more into believing Tampas side of the story. They did end up keeping him after the fake vaccination fiasco. AB could very well be injured to play, but when McAfee and Bayless both say that their sources told them that AB got mad over lack of targets I believe them. AB unfollowed Tom on social media too. That's Arians/McAfee/Bayless all saying it had nothing to do with the injury.
Could be right, but if he is truly injured and has MRI proof, and the Bucs gave him a pain killer, and Arians ran his finger across the throat, the Bucs managed it completely wrong. AB could be spinning it now, but that does not matter from a legal sense. AB might have agreed to the pain killer but he has the right to say No during the game without being cut.

Because of the leaks I think AB is spinning it, but the Bucs and Arians were wrong too.

Could be right, but if he is truly injured and has MRI proof, and the Bucs gave him a pain killer, and Arians ran his finger across the throat, the Bucs managed it completely wrong. AB could be spinning it now, but that does not matter from a legal sense. AB might have agreed to the pain killer but he has the right to say No during the game without being cut.

Because of the leaks I think AB is spinning it, but the Bucs and Arians were wrong too.
No yeah I agree with you if he is truly injured I hope he gets the treatment he deserves and it looks bad in Tampa Bays part, but even so there's way to handle things. I've never seen someone walk out on his team like that. There's way to handle things even if AB is telling the truth

No yeah I agree with you if he is truly injured I hope he gets the treatment he deserves and it looks bad in Tampa Bays part, but even so there's way to handle things. I've never seen someone walk out on his team like that. There's way to handle things even if AB is telling the truth

Agreed. But there is a way to handle things for the Bucs too, and a throat slashing gesture while telling AB he is cut is not the way to handle things.

I think Arians is a clown, I think Arians was forced to keep AB, and I would not be surprised if Arians was delighted to slash AB's throat.

This is a clown show. AB is a clown. But Arians is too - people seem to be missing that.

Also, even a clown like AB, has every right to say No to playing on an injured ankle.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back