PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown accuses Bucs of wanting him to play on injured ankle (update: finally released)

There were a bunch of Brady honks here still criticizing the move as late as a few months ago and living in some revisionist history fever dream where AB wouldn't have been suspended had they not let him go.

Bill absolutely did the right thing in letting AB go. I don't care if it pissed off Brady, whose best interests were him and not the team.

Last edited:
How can he play this year, he has bone chips and torn cartilage, unless??? I heard on the radio the Bucs set up a meeting with a neutral doctor to examine him and, surprise, he didn't show. Guys a clown show.

Don't think he lands anywhere anytime soon. If the model story is legitimate(and she does have texts and video proof) then AB violated Covid protocols again

I am guessing those rules have been broken 1000s of times. Ava does not strike me as the subtle type that slipped through a small crack, up the back stairs, or arrived hiding under the room service trolly. She rode the elevator up like all the other girls. No-one in the NFL cares about the "hotel visiting rules".

After she saw AB she sold the story to the press and then attracted more attention with a supposed COVID test. That is a LOT of clicks.

How can he play this year, he has bone chips and torn cartilage, unless??? I heard on the radio the Bucs set up a meeting with a neutral doctor to examine him and, surprise, he didn't show. Guys a clown show.

Why would he show up? I agree AB is a clown show, but you wouldn't show up at your former employers chosen doctor for an exam either. The Bucs cut AB. Why did they even try to set up a doctor's appointment for him with the team's doctor? Very weird.

Some teams are willing to give him a job. Few insiders have reported this
Reminds me of those "Kap will at least get a backup offer" posts.

Why would he show up? I agree AB is a clown show, but you wouldn't show up at your former employers chosen doctor for an exam either. The Bucs cut AB. Why did they even try to set up a doctor's appointment for him with the team's doctor? Very weird.
technically speaking....they cut him(AB) today...they setup appt for Monday morning when he was still employed by the bucs. before you go and say BA said he was "cut", BA doesn't have final roster decision nor pay AB if we believe the org structure....

I mean none of us really know what type of person Tim Brady is really behind the scenes, but from the outside looking in, he seemed to genuinely care about AB and was doing things to help him. Brady may have been the only one in his orbit who might have been at least partially be looking out for the best interests of AB. Going after Brady and Guerero isn't a good look for AB and may have cut himself off from one of the only guys out there who might be able to get him to get the help he so desperately needs.
I dunno, someone I consider a genuine friend should be able to stick with me even after I complain about his business partner stiffing me, no?

Media executives are loving this, they will milk this to its last drop.
Mike Florio at PFT getting a new Benz out of this one.

Not enough spelling mistakes. He did not write that.
If this is a sign that his lawyer got ahold of his phone and changed all the passwords to his social media accounts and took them over, that lawyer deserves a raise. AB might still be a Pat if that happened when he was here.

we're going to the playoffs YET the hottest topic of the day is AB shennanigans.

Pat McAfee quit the nfl and now makes $30/m for FanDuel....AB may have won this game

Would I? you don't know me mate. If I had reached the NFL level I think I'd have also had the maturity to understand that my team is trying to repeat as Superbowl contenders and that requires people to sacrifice and play through the pain.

Heck in 2016 we had Martellus Bennett playing through a bad wheel, we've had Gronk play through bone fractures, Edelman's knee, The Eternal Shoulder of Tom Brady, I doubt Harris's hamstring is in perfect condition right now -- these things happen in football. The pay is worth the pain, but the pain is still there.

He signed on the dotted line. Also I doubt Brown's chosen tactics in objecting to the Bucs' request were in any way mature or reasonable.

Not sure what you're even saying here.
Point 1: I don’t think many would have acted out the way he did at ALL. But I can’t imagine the pain. I do think this will have an effect on how we discuss injuries though. All those other examples you brought up may be true, but they def shouldn’t have played if it hurt badly enough, certainly not if they risked hurting their careers. For all we know that could’ve been one of gronks issues with nep.

2. We all agree we’d have handled it differently. Bruce Arians still holds blame if this is true. The “youre done” comment he made to him was maybe misunderstood in the heat of the moment, but if not, and he was saying he’d cut ab on the sidelines… that’s just as childish and reactionary and unnecessary as what ab did. A professional would’ve said ok, THEN cut him after the game. Also, during the press conference, a professional would’ve made a canned statement and move onto the next question. Abs exit was a lot, but let’s not pretend Arians didn’t clown out himself.

3. TB saying that “we all need to find him some help” isn’t gonna encourage the man to go get help. If anything it would push him in the opposite direction. So it looks like a stunt to save face. Also the house thing. I never found it cut at all. If you think the man has mental illness, the last thing you wanna do is put it out there and try to embarrass him. You call and say “look ppl are really freaking out about this. Stay off the internet and here’s my therapists number.”

Last edited:

The poor guy! Look at that ankle. The man can hardly stay upright while he takes off his jersey. There's no way he could have played. He can barely make it halfway around the field. It looked so painful to hop up and down flapping his arms at that fans. And then running to the locker room! What courage! What perserverence! No man has ever been willing to go through so much agony to walk away from a $3.1 million job.
View attachment 39593

Planting and getting hit and running full speed are not the same as doing a few jumping jacks.

I am guessing those rules have been broken 1000s of times. Ava does not strike me as the subtle type that slipped through a small crack, up the back stairs, or arrived hiding under the room service trolly. She rode the elevator up like all the other girls. No-one in the NFL cares about the "hotel visiting rules".

After she saw AB she sold the story to the press and then attracted more attention with a supposed COVID test. That is a LOT of clicks.
I think you got the story backwards, it was AB slipping through the crack...

The Bucs knew he wouldn't show up, but they need to cover their asses for the inevitable grievance being filed.

Guess he isn't getting those incentive checks after all...

Planting and getting hit and running full speed are not the same as doing a few jumping jacks.
True, but to hear AB tell it, the ankle was nothing short of dislocated, sprained, broken, and causing complete and incomprehensible agony.

True, but to hear AB's lawyer tell it, the ankle was nothing short of dislocated, sprained, broken, and causing complete and incomprehensible agony.
Fixed it for you.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back