PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown accuses Bucs of wanting him to play on injured ankle (update: finally released)

technically speaking....they cut him(AB) today...they setup appt for Monday morning when he was still employed by the bucs. before you go and say BA said he was "cut", BA doesn't have final roster decision nor pay AB if we believe the org structure....

AB is not the sharpest knife but he knew his employment was only being held open for the Bucs to see if there were some legal details they could tie up. Like asking him to go see the doctor of their choice ;-). AB was fired Sunday when he left the team. BA doesn't have final roster decision-making is just noise. AB was out Sunday.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I’m not convinced the Burfict hit actually caused this. It seems Brown has always been poorly behaved/disciplined since his youth and never really grew out of it. Maybe the hit from Burfict exacerbated things, but he didn’t go from an angel to broken overnight.

These are just a few of the “Vontaze Burfict” takes that circulated Twitter after Brown’s mid-game antics, and frankly...I’m tired of it. Super tired of it. Antonio Brown has always been a headcase. His issues have existed since long before he slandered JuJu Smith-Schuster on Twitter, and long before he was knocked out by Burfict. Brown has been difficult since before he even stepped foot on a college football field. Hell, even before he played a snap of high school football.

When Brown was first accused of sexual assault and rape in 2019, Brown’s stepfather, Larry Moss Jr., who helped raise Brown between the ages of 5 and 17, went on record stating that he was “surprised that it took them this long to figure him out. Because he’s been this way since he’s been 12 years old.’’ In the pieceby USA Today, Moss continued stating that he’d always known Brown was abusive towards women, and that Brown “just feels like he can have whatever he wants. So it doesn’t surprise me that this kind of allegation came out about him.” Moss knew this about Brown since before he was a teenager, but sure, we, the fans, know better than the man who raised him.

In high school, the only football scholarship Brown received out of high school was to Florida International University. Did Brown accept this opportunity to turn his life around and become a better person? No. Brown got into an altercation with a security guard at the university before he ever took the field for the Golden Panthers. How bad was the altercation? Well, bad enough for the school to expel him. When school officials informed Brown of their decision to expel him, they told him “We’re going to say you were never here.”

Even after this, Brown continued to be troublesome for coaches and college football programs that gave him a chance. Per reports, even after being given a chance to be a walk-on at Central Michigan University by Zach Azzanni, currently the wide receivers coach for the Denver Broncos, Brown would repeatedly show up late to practices and meetings. He’s clearly had an issue with discipline well before he was in the NFL.

Several NFL draft scouts labeled Brown’s biggest concerns as his character, prima donna attitude, lack of work ethic, and constant lapses in concentration. That sounds an awful lot like the Antonio Brown we see today.

View attachment 39608
From the models IG story that slept with AB. Apparently she has Covid
At first glance the looks bad for Antonio Brown, but then you need to consider that the IG model may have gotten COVID from him…or from any toilet seat in New Jersey.

True, but to hear AB tell it, the ankle was nothing short of dislocated, sprained, broken, and causing complete and incomprehensible agony.
Not really

That's what he says.
Well he can’t very well say he is too hurt to play on Wednesday and concoct this whole story then play for another team on Sunday.
*thr post I was responding to said no team would claim
him in waivers because of the chance he hits the incentives

At first glance the looks bad for Antonio Brown, but then you need to consider that the IG model may have gotten COVID from him…or from any toilet seat in New Jersey.
Her parents must be so proud of her accomplishments in life.

Friggan skeezer

Probably best to avoid character assassinations of someone we do not know and have never interacted with. This thread is about AB -- taking potshots at this woman who has nothing to do with the NFL/Patriots and is largely a bystander in all of this strikes me the wrong way.

And before anyone says, "it's not a character assassination, it's just the truth", I ask you to consider how you would feel about your daughter being called a whore or a prostitute, regardless of how she chose to lead her life (true or not). We also don't really know how she uses her platform. I'm not so sure all of these IG models put out in the way the older generation tends to think. As someone who is a bit younger and for whom these people are my peers, my experience isn't that these women are exclusively prostitutes, and that they monetize through other means. I really don't know much about the work, though, and I have never in my life paid for sex.

Sex is messy and I tend to think that doing it as a job leads to negative outcomes but I'm not sure why those individuals should be ridiculed or shamed. This woman could do sex work and simultaneously be really rotten, treat people in her life like crap, act dishonestly, unethically, and for that she should be known as a lousy person. On the flip side, this woman could do sex work and simultaneously be a really excellent person who treats people in her life well, who is a good friend, is honest and genuine, and for that she should be known as a good person. I don't know who she is holistically and I certainly wouldn't slander her character (explicitly or implicitly) because she (maybe) has a lot of sex and gets paid for it sometimes.

I mean, it was 4-6 weeks ago that Nancy Reagan's premarital exploits in Hollywood/MGM were very publicly aired out on Twitter, so the whole thing about glass houses and stones, not judging a book by its cover, and viewing a person as more than just their body all come to mind. (To be totally clear, I don't think Nancy Reagan is a bad person for her behavior and those actions shouldn't define her character, but it demonstrates that sexual promiscuity and risque behavior is nonexclusive).

Last edited:
Probably best to avoid character assassinations of someone we do not know and have never interacted with. This thread is about AB -- taking potshots at this woman who has nothing to do with the NFL/Patriots and is largely a bystander in all of this strikes me the wrong way.

And before anyone says, "it's not a character assassination, it's just the truth", I ask you to consider how you would feel about your daughter being called a whore or a prostitute, regardless of how she chose to lead her life (true or not). We also don't really know how she uses her platform. I'm not so sure all of these IG models put out in the way the older generation tends to think. As someone who is a bit younger and for whom these people are my peers, my experience isn't that these women are exclusively prostitutes, and that they monetize through other means. I really don't know much about the work, though, and I have never in my life paid for sex.

Sex is messy and I tend to think that doing it as a job leads to negative outcomes but I'm not sure why those individuals should be ridiculed or shamed. This woman could do sex work and simultaneously be really rotten, treat people in her life like crap, act dishonestly, unethically, and for that she should be known as a lousy person. On the flip side, this woman could do sex work and simultaneously be a really excellent person who treats people in her life well, who is a good friend, is honest and genuine, and for that she should be known as a good person. I don't know who she is holistically and I certainly wouldn't slander her character (explicitly or implicitly) because she (maybe) has a lot of sex and gets paid for it sometimes.

I mean, it was 4-6 weeks ago that Nancy Reagan's premarital exploits in Hollywood/MGM were very publicly aired out on Twitter, so the whole thing about glass houses and stones, not judging a book by its cover, and viewing a person as more than just their body all come to mind. (To be totally clear, I don't think Nancy Reagan is a bad person for her behavior and those actions shouldn't define her character, but it demonstrates that sexual promiscuity and risque behavior is nonexclusive).

Did you view her coronavirus challenge video? I wouldn’t shed a tear for her

I think it’s safe to assume her parents don’t give a damn.
She says her mom is supportive and she met her absentee dad on a dating web site. Lol

If Brown has broken bones and surgery, then he'll play for someone next year, AND win a lawsuit. I suspect that any lawsuit will be settled.
Some team will sign him.

If Brown does not have broken bones and surgery, he is likely done.

That he can jump up and down does NOT mean that he should take the risks of playing, rather than having surgery first.

It was 15 minutes.

Yep....her friends let her head home. Whatever.

yeah not sure how that changes anything. she met up with a famous person she never met before. slept with him and filmed it. Def an "influencer"

If Brown has broken bones and surgery, then he'll play for someone next year, AND win a lawsuit. I suspect that any lawsuit will be settled.
Some team will sign him.

That he can jump up and down does NOT mean that he should take the risks of playing, rather than having surgery first.

supposedly hes refusing to release the MRI results...

She says her mom is supportive and she met her absentee dad on a dating web site. Lol
Given what she does, a “supportive” mom would = a mom that doesn’t give a damn.

Why would he show up? I agree AB is a clown show, but you wouldn't show up at your former employers chosen doctor for an exam either. The Bucs cut AB. Why did they even try to set up a doctor's appointment for him with the team's doctor? Very weird.
They set up two independant doctors appts and he blew them both off. If he really had what he says he'd get it confirmed but he won't. I used to stick up for the guy too but ask yourself why does trouble and drama always follow this guy?

Some team will sign him.

How is he winning a lawsuit? What grounds? When I abandoned my job because they would throw the ball to me, I was hurt too?
Regardless of anything else he quit in his team. Again.

They set up two independant doctors appts and he blew them both off. If he really had what he says he'd get it confirmed but he won't. I used to stick up for the guy too but ask yourself why does trouble and drama always follow this guy?

You do not understand. The doctor for someone you are suing will never confirm the MRI. That is how the legal system works. The two independent doctor visits was a trap. You must be a nice person.

You do not understand. The doctor for someone you are suing will never confirm the MRI. That is how the legal system works. The two independent doctor visits was a trap. You must be a nice person.
OK, then he should go to two doctors and have them send the results to the team, you think he will?
BTW I am a nice person, thank you.

OK, then he should go to two doctors and have them send the results to the team, you think he will?
BTW I am a nice person, thank you.

He may go to two doctors if he is even telling the truth about the MRI (who knows), but why would he send the results to the team? They fired him. There is nothing for AB to gain by sending the results to the team. If he is going to file a complaint (he did with the Pats so I assume he will again) the team will see the MRIs as part of the NFL's and the NFLPA's complaint process. He should follow the process, not start sending documents around or leaking to the press.

I am in Shrewsbury.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back