PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antoine Winfield Jr. is the man.

Who needs Antoine Winfield (& Jeremy Chinn) when we have...Uncle Dugg (& Josh Uche)?

It is to laugh...or cry...

Antoine Winfield will accomplish things of which Uncle Dugg can only dream, starting last night..

So many incorrect things in all of your posts. Bravo.

You and your fellow anti-Belichick morons are still using that tired “Division 2” line, 10 months later?

I wanted them the Pats to draft Winfield too and he looks like a longtime starter in the league (tough, instinctive, versatile, excellent tackler), but don’t go full-****** about his rookie year. This is not the second coming of Ed Reed and he was far from perfect this year in pass coverage in particular. The Bucs defensive backfield was the weakness of that defense all year long and he played a role in that as well.

But while he forced four incompletions and intercepted one pass, Winfield was responsible for allowing seven explosive plays in coverage this season, tying for the most among free safeties.

Winfield had a very good rookie year but stop it with the “Pro Bowl stud” propaganda. The reality that while the Dugger has a steeper learning curve because of his college level of competition, he clearly has a higher ceiling than Winfield because of his elite size and athleticism and has the potential to be the more impactful player.
Listen to Devin McCourty‘s recent interview with Curran, when he talks about seeing Dugger on the practice field for the first time. We’ll know in two years. I am sure that you will be rooting against him, because Dugger becoming a true Pro Bowl stud doesn’t fit your negative (d-bag) agenda.
You'll never convince people like him and @captain stone that they are wrong about Dugger.

Dugger:

Winfield:

I like what we have seen in Dugger and have zero complaints about that pick. He is going to be really good.

I am now a Winfield fan for making Hill look like a fool on the biggest stage. Bravo. Had he broken Hill's arm, I might have become a Winfield groupie.

All-Rookie team at Safety, along with Jeremy Chinn. Future Pro-Bowler likely.
Winfield shouldn't have made the All-Rooke team at safety. Not with having let up 6 TDs on the season. How many TDs did Dugger allow? Zero.

Are we REALLY supposed to be impressed that QBs had a passer rating 50 points HIGHER against Winfield than Dugger while only being targeted 6 more times? Or that Winfield had just 21 more solo tackles on 500+ more Defensive snaps?

BTW, The Pro-Bowl doesn't mean jack. It hasn't meant anything in decades. So for you to be touting that as some kind of accomplishment is kinda laughable.

I'd rather have the guy who isn't flashy and does his job than the guy who makes a big play now and then but is much more likely to allow a TD.

I like what we have seen in Dugger and have zero complaints about that pick. He is going to be really good.

I am now a Winfield fan for making Hill look like a fool on the biggest stage. Bravo. Had he broken Hill's arm, I might have become a Winfield groupie.
You went from Good post to that of an ***HAT in Zero seconds flat. Wishing ill on a player, regardless of the player, is just classless..

You went from Good post to that of an ***HAT in Zero seconds flat. Wishing ill on a player, regardless of the player, is just classless..

I would normally agree with you, but Hill is the exception. I wish him major injury every time he steps on the field, and I use his little boy's broken arm to justify it.

It is classless, I suppose. In this case, I will gladly own it.

***hat is fine too. I mean, my screen name is basically a rolled up clump of sh!t, toilet paper, and taint hair. Classiness is not exactly high on my list of message board goals.

I would normally agree with you, but Hill is the exception. I wish him major injury every time he steps on the field, and I use his little boy's broken arm to justify it.

It is classless, I suppose. In this case, I will gladly own it.

***hat is fine too. I mean, my screen name is basically a rolled up clump of sh!t, toilet paper, and taint hair. Classiness is not exactly high on my list of message board goals.
Yeah, if a guy who beat up a pregnant woman and then beat up a child (with absolutely 0 repercussions for either incident) gets injured, I'm going to celebrate that. Sorry to anyone that offends!

Who needs Antoine Winfield (& Jeremy Chinn) when we have...Uncle Dugg (& Josh Uche)?

It is to laugh...or cry...

Antoine Winfield will accomplish things of which Uncle Dugg can only dream, starting last night..

The Bucs would have won that game with or without Winfield (as long as Jordan Richards was not his replacement). Their ability to consistently pressure Mahomes into scrambling with only 4 rushers was #1, 2 and 3 on the list of the key factors on defense.

The fact that you didn’t watch last night’s game and also recognize the importance of team speed on defense and then secondarily recognize that the Dugger and Uche picks were made in large part to start to improve that deficiency in the Pats D, you should pack up your unfunny nicknames and give up posting on football forever, because you are a lost cause.

WInfield could have and should have been a Pat, but Genius Bill had to pick a no name 3-5 rounder from a goddamned Division 2 school instead, in his typical arrogant and ignorant fashion. Think about that for a minute!
I won't deny that BB has made his fair share of draft ****ups but it's weird and little offputting how many "fans" on this site practically root for draft picks to fail so that they can be right and BB wrong.

If you think you have all the answers, what are you doing here and not in an NFL front office?

Winfield shouldn't have made the All-Rooke team at safety. Not with having let up 6 TDs on the season. How many TDs did Dugger allow? Zero.

Are we REALLY supposed to be impressed that QBs had a passer rating 50 points HIGHER against Winfield than Dugger while only being targeted 6 more times? Or that Winfield had just 21 more solo tackles on 500+ more Defensive snaps?

BTW, The Pro-Bowl doesn't mean jack. It hasn't meant anything in decades. So for you to be touting that as some kind of accomplishment is kinda laughable.

I'd rather have the guy who isn't flashy and does his job than the guy who makes a big play now and then but is much more likely to allow a TD.

I am happy with Duggar, but I don’t think we can use passer rating against objectively to compare the two. The Patriots played against 2 good QB in 16 games (Wilson and Mahomes). The Bucs played much better passing offenses throughout the year.

Anyone notice this? Lmao

1612843745837.jpeg

TB is right. The Bucs defense is why the game was over by 3Q. In addition to great DT's and 2 excellent pass rushers they have 2 fast speedy LB's who can cover a TE like Kelce (Lavonte David and Devon White).
Here is hoping the Pats learn a lesson and start building around improving the speed at LB and fortifying the line.

we passed on this pro bowl stud for a divison 2 player
Take it up with Nike Belichick. I have no qualms about taking an explosive 6'2" 220 guy over a 5'9" 205 guy.

WInfield could have and should have been a Pat, but Genius Bill had to pick a no name 3-5 rounder from a goddamned Division 2 school instead, in his typical arrogant and ignorant fashion. Think about that for a minute!
One of these is Dugger, the other is Winfield. Which one do you think is Dugger?

1612846455345.png1612846466795.png

Dugger will be an all-pro, he is a far better athlete than Winfield

I can rememeber first 4 games from Gilmore with the Pats, he was consistantly getting holding penalties and the crowd here was ****ting on him and BB for the worst FA signing ever, paid to much for a mediocre DB but let Butler go in FA yaddayadda, Gilmore ended up to be an elite CB, securing at least 2 trips to the SB including winning with crucial plays against Jags and Rams, while Butler more or less disapeared with the Titans and was part of the worst DB combo with Logan Ryan considing the most yards in coverage

it's just typical "why can't we have nice things....grass is greener" message board blah blah. have you heard boston sports radio caller ? they are insane. and put me in the kc hater man club with all their wife and children beaters like hill. if someone were to punch that little f'er out i'd be ecstatic.

I would have thought a loudmouth genius like yourself would understand the difference between a strong safety and a free safety. Let me explain it so perhaps you’ll be able to comprehend:
  • Winfield often takes on cornerback duties and covers wide receivers.
  • Dugger often takes on linebacker duties to stop the run and cover tight ends and running backs.
  • Both will at times do what the other does but not primarily.
Comparing coverage and tackle stats is nonsensical.

Maybe you can start here and then join the discussion when you’re ready?

TB is right. The Bucs defense is why the game was over by 3Q. In addition to great DT's and 2 excellent pass rushers they have 2 fast speedy LB's who can cover a TE like Kelce (Lavonte David and Devon White).
Here is hoping the Pats learn a lesson and start building around improving the speed at LB and fortifying the line.

To be fair tho, Tampa was drafting really high in the draft for a lot of years, where talent like David, Barrett, Evans, Godwin, Whirf, etc are available to be selected

To be fair tho, Tampa was drafting really high in the draft for a lot of years, where talent like David, Barrett, Evans, Godwin, Whirf, etc are available to be selected
David was a second rounder, Barrett was a FA, Godwin was a second rounder. Fun fact: Godwin was sandwiched in between our Derek Rivers and Antono Garcia picks (with Kareem Hunt going right after).

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back