PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason why Sportstalk Radio has descended to the cesspool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s weird is there aren’t any media types to listen to or not any shows I can find, that are either total negative crap or the person is not good at a show.

Last edited:
To be clear, I was born in 1971. I did a paper in college on how media has evolved over the years and read some of Egan and Pepe's work. That was in 1992 :p.

At one point in time, The Boston Globe sports section was the best in the country. Gammons's Diamond Notes, Willie McD on football, Kevin Paul Dupont on NHL and Bob Ryan/Jackie Mac on the NBA was MUST read every sunday. Hell I even read Borges's boxing notes. He was very good 30 years ago.

Now it is trash

Well then, you are just a young pup.

And your point about Borges is precisely what I'm talking about. I read those notes, too, and it is the only time in my life I was the slightest bit informed about boxing. I read them because they were interesting, entertaining reading. Nobody in Boston sports journalism writes like that anymore. The best ones generally focus on the technical aspects of the game, which is valuable, but not nearly as entertaining.

It's funny. Before defamegate I listened to them religiously but now I rarely tune in. I've probably haven't listened to any Boston sports media for more than ten or twenty minutes over the last year or so. Just got tired of their schtick. It's all the same clickbait fodder hawt take bs.

Speaking of defamegate, since that time the Pats have a 40-9 regular season record and a 6-2 playoff record with 4 straight trips to the conference final, three SB appearances and two SB wins.

Meanwhile, the Indiots and Ratbirds have a combined regular season record of 43-56 with zero playoff games.

As Jackie Gleason used to say...

Last edited:
Orson Welles scared the **** out of me that one time in '38.

Regards,
Chris

He scared the ****ens out of me in the 70's when I was driving home from Framingham and I heard this...

A lot of you guys have too high expectations for radio. In today’s media environment, radio is a sideshow. It’s not like 30 years ago where people listened to radio to be informed. Now most of us turn it on only because there is nothing better to do while driving.

It actually pisses me off as a Massachusetts guy living in New York, because Boston radio is definitely worse than New York’s. There’s a lot of obnoxious idiots in NY too, but there is a feeling of professionalism that when I visit Massachusetts now and listen to sports radio the amateurism and hackiness of it is really noticeable.

Come on guys, clean it up. If you say you haven’t listened this week, you have to ask yourself why you would’ve listened the week before. Stop listening.

I can't stand them but I'm out of the radio range for weei and the simulcast is about the only New England sports show I can get news and talk during that time of day so I watch occasionally. It's virtually the same show every time I do. Everything a local team does naturally has an upside and a downside. The default take from these two aholes is the downside. No matter how good a team is doing they do their damnedest to try and prove you stupid for believing that they have a chance to go anywhere.

Van Noy has been a good player in NE. They are full of sh.t, as usual.

He’s done well here. Really, it’s no surprise he was not good in Detroit. No one ever was

Just a stone throw from the mistake on the lake

A lot of you guys have too high expectations for radio. In today’s media environment, radio is a sideshow. It’s not like 30 years ago where people listened to radio to be informed. Now most of us turn it on only because there is nothing better to do while driving.
cranking classic rock is all you need to do

Or, while taking a dump...

It actually pisses me off as a Massachusetts guy living in New York, because Boston radio is definitely worse than New York’s. There’s a lot of obnoxious idiots in NY too, but there is a feeling of professionalism that when I visit Massachusetts now and listen to sports radio the amateurism and hackiness of it is really noticeable.

Come on guys, clean it up. If you say you haven’t listened this week, you have to ask yourself why you would’ve listened the week before. Stop listening.
You couldn't be more correct than you are here. The guys on WFAN, except for Fatass Francesca and Uggo Beningo are far more complimentary and fair about assessing the Pats, Celtics and Red Sox than Vulgar and Spazz are.

Living in Portland, we get WEEI and a local hack show with a couple of local hayseeds on a station called the JAB, they suck donkey balls. I stopped listening to both of them over a year ago. I used to listen to them as an escape from the regular news, but now they resemble that too much. Always looking for the negative and trying to stir sh!t up when there is nothing to stir. Felger and Mazz are the epitome of how low it has gotten.

No

The reason for posting this is I run into PatsFans all over NE and they start to blab about something that is straight out of talk radio.. I sometimes, if I have the energy, ask them is that is what they heard on Sportstalk Radio.. invariably they agree.

Alex Guerrero..blah, blah, blah. Bob Kraft is cheap.. blah, blah, blah. Malcolm Bulter... blah, blah, blah. Malcolm Butler had a dustup with Stephen Belichick before the SB that is why he was benched... blah, blah, blah. They seldom miss a beat in their reporting of anything conceptually negative about the Pats.. and if not negative they try to turn it into something that is. Last spring in the Tom Vs. Time series, Bertram was listening to the voice inflection of Chopra to see is he could try to figure out "what he really meant".. all of sportstalk has turned into some sort of parody of what once was.

The biggest issue I have along with this specific issue is the attitude of Zolak who seldom defends the Patriots when Bertram goes on one of his idiotic conspiracy rants.. get a backbone Zo, you are better than that and you know better.

Have difficulty with those who look for conspiracy and other issues instead of enjoying this great stretch of excellent football.. enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back