PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason why Sportstalk Radio has descended to the cesspool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there is sore ass Borges who believes he was somehow betrayed by BB after Bledsoe went down and Brady became the QB...

My theory is and has been that for so many years most sports teams in this area languished in mediocrity and the scribes rose to the top of the hierarchy of sports knowledge (Gammons, McDonough et al) and when BB, Doc, Stevens, Francona and others who led their organizations to championships and excellence the scribes were knocked off their lofty perch. Because they lost their status they have had sore assess ever since..

Nothing more they would like than for BB to somehow fail... then they could all sing in unison, "We Told You So"...
To my knowledge, Boston differs from the rest of the country in that other cities' broadcast and print media are understandable homers. Doesn't it make sense to root for the home team? I wouldn't hold that against anybody. Johnny Most, Fred Cusick, John Peirson, Ray Fitzgerald, Larry Whiteside, Gil Santos and Ned Martin off the top of my head.

How did it start? Well, Will McDonough hated Billy Sullivan. Other local sportswriters piled on the easy-target, lovable loser Pats. I guess Gammons didn't spare anything when Fergie Jenkins fell asleep in the bullpen. The Celts were totally trashed locally when everything fell apart in '78. I think there was a commitment to substance and objectivity, and the desire to not look like mindless homers.

I've stated repeatedly that Pats denigration nationally took off with the merger in '70. Then, it mutated from an emphasis on the negative to outright derision in the 80's. CHB was a player in that. As much as I despise some of the decisions he's made, I stood up for Bob Kraft forever up until a couple years ago, seeing that his perspective was totally understandable.

Larry Lucchino obviously has a temper (something that actually helped us avoid having A-Rod sign here), but he undeniably was instrumental in some major success for the Sox. Now, the Jacobs' are the biggest, easiest and most deserving target of animosity from fans, and the press here.

Corey Dillon was treated like a criminal by the local press here. That has pissed me off big time ever since. And I don't have to elaborate about local media's complicity in the two fake-gates. So BB and TB12 (and Kraft) aren't perfect people. They didn't kill a guy (like Ray Lewis).

Bottom line: The press wants everything to be about them. Their (false) opinions are more important than the score of the games. They suck. And, today, substance, accuracy and reality have nothing at all to do with their agenda. They decide who they hate and dump on and are never wrong. They have zero credibility, and zero legitimacy. No matter how much local and national propaganda says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft